Stupidest rule in school...

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
Haunted Serenity said:
The rules were so messed up at the school's i went too i can proundly claim i earned the Title: Schools resident arachist and forced 3 teacher's to quit and 2 to drink on the job.(the one teacher i did like was already drinking)
Rule 1) No Animals of anysort allowed in school(we brought our pet lobster!)
2)Hats are not allowed(Sombreros anybody?)
3)Skateboards are not to be use on school property.(we just left them everywhere)
4)Bulling is a zero tolerence policy. Well if my friend and i are joking around we get set to detention but whyen a kid gets pushed done the stairs then have a binder with 2 textbooks in it dropped onhis nuts the guy who did it is let off scot free...yeah...
5)No kissing in hallways(made $50 from a kissing booth. For 50 cents each)
And for the best rule in the entire school.
Gee, sounds kind of like you just went out of your way to break perfectly reasonable rules for some cheap laughs. No animals in school? That's unreasonable by your standards?

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Klepa said:
Molten Water said:
10. You come more that a minute late for class and you are marked as absent.
They tried to enforce this in our last year, in the finnish version high school. That would be ages 17 to 19.
Our English teacher said that the rule was created because of me, and a few others. I told her that I'd never been late to any class during my whole time in that school. She disagreed, as I wasn't exactly a model student, and it was easy to roll all the shit on me. I pointed out that I come here with a bus, and if I'm late, I'm late by atleast 15 minutes, and at that point I always either stay home, or go and have a cup of coffee somewhere.

After that, two classmates walk into the classroom, about three minutes late. Then our teacher went on a powertrip, telling them how they just received two hours of ABSENT!. The dudes go "woot!" and leave. Someone in the back says "That went well."

They pretty much stopped enforcing that rule there. It was just futile, and they hadn't thought it through. People from five different areas were coming to that school, and they all had to travel by bus, if they didn't have their own cars. And those buses could easily be five minutes late.

Some of your schools are just mad though. We never had anything like uniforms or dresscodes. Pretty sensible stuff all and all. Some dick teachers though.
You Sir/madam, Have just made my day with that story. I lol'd very hard.

Harbinger_ said:
There are a bunch that I know of that I can't think of off hand but I went to a school to see if I could use their cafeteria for a fundraiser I'm heading. When I went into the office I tried calling a friend of mine on my cell to let them know where I was only to be informed by the secretary that if I didn't hang up right there and then my cell phone would be confiscated. At first I thought she thought I was a new student. (School just started here.)Apparently this wasn't the case as even visitors are prohibited from having a cell phone on school property.
Try it, If your not a student you arent covered under the duristriction ~ Taking something which doesnt belong to you/is not under something you control means "hang on, I cant hear you, Some idiot faculty from the school wants to steal my phone."[/I] That should put them in their place.

------

Tbh, I can see some reasonings. There are a lot of posts which you can see what people were aiming at. The fight rule is a difficult one. You've got a group of people of questionable bias all claiming the other person did it. It just seems easier for faculty to suspend both.

I cant understand in our school why people hated ties & hated top buttons being done up, it never bothered me, I like[/I] ties.

Gulana

Sep 9, 2009
Bulletinmybrain said:
skywalkerlion said:
clicketycrack said:
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICIES. Whoever came up with that idea should burn in hell.
..zero tolerance for what?
Zero tolerance for anything practically.

The idea is that if they intimidate you with an extremely harsh punishment, you won't do wrong again. Which only serves to piss off the upstanding students, and it is mostly irrational. Most of them have a policy revolving around zero tolerance to drugs. EVERY DRUG. Even the free and legal ones like advil and ibuprofen, a notable case to illustrate this was that time where a girl was strip searched after a locker search turned up nothing. The search was for 400mg ibuprofen. While prescription, ibuprofen is practically impossible to OD on enough to kill you. You just end up bleeding out of your ass, bowels, and yeah.. You end up looking like a retard.
Back in middle school I had the pleasure of getting getting caught in the trap of Zero Tolerance Policies twice. I go to a rather small school, so the reasoning behind them is silly because not enough happens to warrant not being evaluated on a case-by-case basis. I've never seen a fight during school hours that escalated past shoving, but goddamnit it's possible!

The first incident was when I was in 5th grade, another student and I were pestering a (female) classmate, kicking her feet at lunch for whatever reason. She ended up mentioning it to a teacher and we should have been in line for a quick scolding, but it ended up getting reported and somehow got translated into abuse. From there "sexual" got tacked on because ten year olds can have no other purpose, right?

And then in sixth grade I had the misfortune of bringing my pocket knife to school by mistake. It was just an innocent thing, and it had ended up there with whatever crap I carried around. It was found, confiscated, I was sent to the office and whatnot because I'm a serious danger to my classmates, etc.

And so I was labeled as an inherently violent and sexually abusive individual all before age 11. Who knew?

Juven Ignus

Sep 10, 2009
Perhaps I'm not quite sick minded, (since this was in the dress code)but one of the rules is that a skirt and long athletic socks (like soccer ones) aren't allowed to be worn at the same time.

Anyone care to explain why?

But by far the worst rule I noticed was that it is against the school policy to defend yourself in a fight. Wtf? So what do they expect us to do, just stand there and take an ass-whoopin'? After all, the rings that kids make around a fight aren't just for looks. Luckily, in California, there is a law that allows us to use self defense, so if I ever get into a fight, I'll just use that as an excuse.
(Yay first post! :D)

lucaro

Sep 12, 2009
Genuinely written in the front of our sixth form (don't know american equivalent, sorry!) day planner: make-up may not be worn on the face
boys may not wear football shirts, brightly coloured shorts that may serve as a distraction to other students or moustaches
girls may not wear provocative underwear

ladies and gentleman, the Catholic High School presents its daftest rule: the punishment for skipping school is suspension
. . .

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Juven Ignus said:
Perhaps I'm not quite sick minded, (since this was in the dress code)but one of the rules is that a skirt and long athletic socks (like soccer ones) aren't allowed to be worn at the same time.

But by far the worst rule I noticed was that it is against the school policy to defend yourself in a fight. Wtf? So what do they expect us to do, just stand there and take an ass-whoopin'? After all, the rings that kids make around a fight aren't just for looks. Luckily, in California, there is a law that allows us to use self defense, so if I ever get into a fight, I'll just use that as an excuse.
Welcome to the escapist! And self defence is difficult to prove with hundreds of witnesses saying the other person started it (as it happened in my school)

Juven Ignus

Sep 10, 2009
Insanum said:
Juven Ignus said:

Welcome to the escapist! And self defence is difficult to prove with hundreds of witnesses saying the other person started it (as it happened in my school)
I feel welcomed! And its pretty easy to settle who done it with cameras in the school. Still tryin to find a blind spot for the day I need it. :3

Emilin_Rose

Aug 8, 2009
No sitting on the stairs. It would make sense, but the punishment wasn't even a warning it was 3 days suspension. In elementary school. I talked to the principal about it, and you know what his reasoning was? it was that in the high school he was principal at before people would sit on the stairs and do sexual things.

Dumbass.

EDIT: forgot to mention it was when i got to high school that i asked him about it.

thepj

Aug 15, 2009
Juven Ignus said:

wow that must suck, also: welcom to the escapist, we hope you enjoy your stay now grab a keyboard and help defend against the troll armies that will soon resume the attack. (Check out zero punctuation while you're here, no threads about: politics, halo, religion, halo and definetly no versus threads, do not abuse themods and they will not abuse you.) Have fun.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Juven Ignus said:
Insanum said:
Juven Ignus said:

I feel welcomed! And its pretty easy to settle who done it with cameras in the school. Still tryin to find a blind spot for the day I need it. :3
And Knowing is half the battle...

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Insanum said:
Juven Ignus said:
Insanum said:
Juven Ignus said:

G.I. JOOOEEE!

Edit: I think I just killed this topic.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Triforceformer said:
Insanum said:
Juven Ignus said:
Insanum said:
Juven Ignus said:

G.I. JOOOEEE!

Edit: I think I just killed this topic.
Nice one.

j/k

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
My school's pretty fine, the only thing that bugs me is that I can't wear any kind of headgear during class.
Douk said:
One more that happened to me, a couple kids found a rusty balisong (flipping butterfly knife) and were scared to touch it. I picked it up and started doing those tricks you see the spy in Team fortress 2 do. Everyone was impressed and I probably looked like some sort of badass. Then the group returned the knife to the teacher and I got slapped with a detention. I thought it was for endangering the kids by flipping the knife but noooo it was because I knew how to use the damn thing in the first place. I was a 'professional knife wielder' and coulda harmed someone like an assassin or some shit. In hindsight it sounds cool, on my school record it better say "Detention for being a professional assassin" B)
Awesome. Simply awesome.

PossiblyInsane

Apr 14, 2009
Hitari0 said:
In my school, you can't express affection in any way, including hugs, holding hands, and even the "hands off" rule is enforced to the point of a small shove equals suspension.
Translate all of your school assingments to binary, saying that words can express affection, so you cannot use them.

AdhesiveTape

Aug 26, 2009
My high school didn't allow thumb drives. Apparently they had some trouble with people saving Halo to the school's network...

Handofpwn

Aug 6, 2008
AdhesiveTape said:
My high school didn't allow thumb drives. Apparently they had some trouble with people saving Halo to the school's network...
Heh, my friends did that. I never bothered to do it, but it was fun!

Some bullets

Apr 19, 2009
captain awesome 12 said:
Like yours V8, my school also has an enforced ID policy. The dumb thing is that if you don't have one, you are just sent to the office (without supervision) to get a new one.

1. Who the hell would be sneaking INTO school to learn.

2. If a kid actually had bad intentions, what the hell's stopping them? All that would happen would be that they'd be told to go to the office to get a new ID...

In my Spanish class we aren't allowed to laugh. Yes, my teacher is a Nazi.
Just say"Lavarse mi mono" Wash my monkey