Sued PS3 Hacker GeoHot Responds With Rap

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Sued PS3 Hacker GeoHot Responds With Rap

Notorious PS3 Hacker GeoHot has something for Sony it won't be able to mess with.

Sony might be posted the PS3's master key online [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107349-Sony-Wins-Restraining-Order-Against-Geohot], but GeoHot is winning the rap battle. GeoHot recently posted a video of himself on YouTube where he raps about his feelings on the lawsuit.

The video is GeoHot's entry into an online rap contest, but I have a feeling it's a little bit of catharsis too. In typical rap fashion, GeoHot says he wants to take things "out of the courtroom, and into the streets."

The rap is actually pretty good. GeoHot calls Sony out for suing him due to its inability to technically protect the PS3. He also mentions Lik Sang, the import website Sony shutdown with a lawsuit in 2006.

Who knew GeoHot was so talented? A hacker and a rapper? What a dangerous combination. Any chance of Kevin Butler coming up with a reply?

Electric Gel

Mar 26, 2009
I can't understand most of what he's blathering on about, but real "personifications of freedom" probably have the energy to get out of their chairs when filming rap videos.

TheAmazingHobo

Oct 26, 2010
Uhm okay, that was...... white ?

Mazty said:
He just needs to come to terms with he is the bad guy in this instance and the law sees it that way.
To believe the first thibg is your prerogative, with the second thing, we might want to wait until he has actually been sentenced to anything.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Mazty said:
He just needs to come to terms with he is the bad guy in this instance and the law sees it that way.
Except that sony is in a big "shoot the messenger" mood and is is violating every single "fair trial" law in existence here.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Enjoyable! Got more than I expected out of that, good for him for the effort. Also I hope Sony gets taken down a notch because of this in some way.

...what? I can be against both Microsoft and Sony. I have multitasking powers...of hate.

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
LawlessSquirrel said:
Enjoyable! Got more than I expected out of that, good for him for the effort. Also I hope Sony gets taken down a notch because of this in some way.

...what? I can be against both Microsoft and Sony. I have multitasking powers...of hate.
But what about Activision and the Kotick empire?

OT: Well, that was... Interesting... =/
I like the fact that he's gone and challenged Sony, but he could of done it in a better way...

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
I'm rooting for that guy, Sony shouldn't sue people for breaking through their security. It was bound to happen eventually.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
I am indeed waiting for Butler to reply with a rap...

If he's allowed though, maybe Sony has grounded him for the whole master key tweeting ;)
[sub]ofc could be his assistant who tweeted it not him :3[/sub]

TheAmazingHobo

Oct 26, 2010
Mazty said:
"You helped promote and further the hacking of the PS3 anti-copyright system"
No, it seems pretty fair to label him the criminal here.
Here´s an idea:
How about we NOT reduce a REALLY complex case, that touches upon rather fundamental issues, such as meanings of ownership and what is actually allowed in the area of copyright-protection, to a one-sentence talking point.

jp201

Nov 24, 2009
LawlessSquirrel said:

taken down a notch? your kidding right?

I hope this guy gets a major fine and prison time

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
He coulda played the Justin Timberlake character in The Social Network. Getting sued and taking it with a sense of humour.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
jp201 said:
taken down a notch? your kidding right?

I hope this guy gets a major fine and prison time
Oh, no argument that he should pay for his crime, but Sony isn't exactly a symbol of innocence in all this. I'd like to see these big companies be forced to take responsibility for going back on their promises. It might stop them from always thinking they can get away with it. Hell, I think both parties are guilty in their own ways.

KaosuHamoni said:
But what about Activision and the Kotick empire?

OT: Well, that was... Interesting... =/
I like the fact that he's gone and challenged Sony, but he could of done it in a better way...
Oh, and Activision. But I only have enough hate in my heart for two at a time, and Activision counts for both. It'll have to wait it's turn.