Super Rare Wish-Granting Pokémon Available in Stores Soon

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
I still have the Jirachi that I downloaded from the pre-order disc of Pokemon Colleseum(my first pre-order ever) on my Pokemon Leafgreen.

chickenlord

May 14, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Super Rare Wish-Granting Pokémon Available in Stores Soon

GameStop has Pokémans for you, let it show you them.

Previously this year, GameStop offered a Pokémon download for a Pikachu-colored Pichu [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97840-GameStop-Offers-Exclusive-Pokemon-Download], and while I'm sure this was really cool for the average Pokéfan, it doesn't seem quite as special as the next rare offering that starts this weekend. Beginning this Saturday, February 27, GameStop will be allowing the Poké-crazed to get their hands on the deliciously rare Jirachi, a wish-granting legendary Pokémon that almost compares to Mankey, the greatest Pokémon ever conceived (is it a man, or is it a monkey?).

Jirachi is said to awaken only every 1,000 years when the Millenium Comet passes by, and at this time will grant wishes. I know this off the top of my head. Most commonly, people will ask Jirachi to instantly let them catch 'em all, which is sadly the only wish Jirachi cannot grant. In fact, Jirachi will grant no wishes even partially related to the Pokémon cartoon's opening song, so don't waste your time.

The pointy headed Jirachi will only be available until March 13, 2010, giving Pokéfans only two weeks to get this rare monster into their collections. It is said that Jirachi can not be acquired through normal gameplay, meaning that if you ever were to go out of your way to download a Pokémon, now is the time. Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum will be required to download Jirachi, so I don't want to see anybody heading to GameStop with a big gray Game Boy playing Pokémon Red trying to figure out why they can't make it work.

Jirachi is not only a strong Pokémon that can use abilities such as Wish, Confusion, Rest (sounds powerful), and Draco Meteor, but when traded into March 14's Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver will unlock a special Route inside the included Pokéwalker accessory. The Pokéwalker is a pedometer that can hold Pokémon to level them up or help Pokéfans encounter special Pokémon or hidden items. Using Jirachi is the only way the Night Sky's Edge Route can be accessed in the Pokéwalker. At this point, I'm sufficiently confused, but as always, I know you Pokéfans know better than me here.

I'm sorry sir but you've made a mistake, mankey is not the greatest pokemon ever conceived...it is in FACT, Syther #123, he has blades for Eff-ing arms!!!1! Non can compare to his bad-assery!!!

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
To ask a silly question, having never played Pokemon, but what do you need to do in order to DLed a Pokemon from a Gamestop exactly?

I got a copy of Pokemon Platinum a while back really cheap, and have not really tried it, but I am going to be spending a lot of time sitting around waiting rooms shortly I think so I was thinking (ironically just before reading this) that I'd bust out Pokemon Platinum and give it a shot.

Having never really noticed any link cables or something, I was just wondering what the process was to get something like this to cheez the newbie levels would be.

Also being 34, what is the usual bribe to hire a 9 year old to go in and do it for me? Since I don't want to be recognized by the Gamestop employees who recognize me on sight. :/

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
will1182 said:
Man, I want it so badly, but...I just can't picture myself walking up to the counter at 17 years old and telling the girl "Yes, one Jirachi, please" and pulling a Pokemon-loaded DS out of my pocket. I think I'd die of embarassment.
Never fear! It's all done wirelessly, so you can just wander into the store during the promotion and stand in the middle of the store doing something inscrutable with your DS. It's not suspicious at all!

(Actually, the people who work there are cool about it- I picked up a friggin' Pikachu- colored Pichu, and I'm 21)

Off- topic: Love the avatar. I don't think I have a Dewgong at the moment. (runs off to train)

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
MelasZepheos said:
Bah, there's a hundred and fifty one, and there will always be a hundred and fifty one.

These new fangled pokemon with their new fangled fancy attacks. We were happy with tackle! Two tackles and a sandstorm for a whole battle.

Have to say though, at twenty I think I am finally justified in not caring overmuch about pokemon anymore, which is ironic given I'm currently spending my free time rewatching the first series again.
Sandstorm was introduced in GenII...

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
will1182 said:
Regiment said:
will1182 said:
Man, I want it so badly, but...I just can't picture myself walking up to the counter at 17 years old and telling the girl "Yes, one Jirachi, please" and pulling a Pokemon-loaded DS out of my pocket. I think I'd die of embarassment.
Never fear! It's all done wirelessly, so you can just wander into the store during the promotion and stand in the middle of the store doing something inscrutable with your DS. It's not suspicious at all!

(Actually, the people who work there are cool about it- I picked up a friggin' Pikachu- colored Pichu, and I'm 21)

Off- topic: Love the avatar. I don't think I have a Dewgong at the moment. (runs off to train)
Why thank you! He's gonna be part of my team of all R/B/Y/G/S/C Pokemon in Heart Gold. Because as we all know, TEH ORIGINAL POKEYMANZ WERE TEH BEST!

Also, how does this wireless thingy work? Like, do you have to go to a Pokemon Center or something while you're in Gamestop?
Harumph! (hitches thumbs under overall straps) Well, you need a Pokedex (obviously). Boot up the game, but instead of hitting "Continue", go to "Mystery Gift" and choose "Recieve Gift", then "Get Via Wireless". You should get a confirmation; hit it and there you go. You're done and can leave the store.

Next, you need to go to a Pokemart in-game and pick up the Pokemon from the omniscent mailman who's just going to give you a one- of- a kind wish- granting demigod. Don't ask where he got it. (Obviously you'll need a party slot open for this.)

There will be instructions there in the store also.

Also: Anyone who says the original 150/151/250/251 Pokemon were the best is provably wrong, as the first two generations lacked Metagross, who is clearly the best Pokemon ever. Giant psychic robot thing? How can you top that?

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Pssh. I remember back when I got a Mew and nobody else had one. Now they're just giving away this generation's Mew equivalent for free?

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
MimsySnark said:
Wait, I'm confused...Pokemon obsession is still a real thing? Does it cut across demographics, or is it mainly the domain of kids/teens? It's just that when they first came out they had all the signs of being a typical fad, and Pokemon has barely been a blip on my radar in the last several years.

Oh, right...On Topic: Jirachi looks adorable and I would like to get my hands on anything with the potential to grant wishes;)
Actually, Pokemon disappeared off my radar right around when yellow came out and reentered about Platinum. If you can believe it, Pokemon has gotten HUGEMONGOUS in the time between my elementary school years and college. They just keep raking in the money. They just announced their newest game and are still going strong.

The original 150 are where it's at though. I can never figure out these newfangled pokemon with their newfangled moves.

Check out the wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Hithlain said:
MimsySnark said:
Wait, I'm confused...Pokemon obsession is still a real thing? Does it cut across demographics, or is it mainly the domain of kids/teens? It's just that when they first came out they had all the signs of being a typical fad, and Pokemon has barely been a blip on my radar in the last several years.

Oh, right...On Topic: Jirachi looks adorable and I would like to get my hands on anything with the potential to grant wishes;)
Actually, Pokemon disappeared off my radar right around when yellow came out and reentered about Platinum. If you can believe it, Pokemon has gotten HUGEMONGOUS in the time between my elementary school years and college. They just keep raking in the money. They just announced their newest game and are still going strong.

The original 150 are where it's at though. I can never figure out these newfangled pokemon with their newfangled moves.

Check out the wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon
Their games have been tweaked and changed a phenomenal amount over the years (at least I think respriting and animating hundreds of creatures each time you want to make a game is tedious not counting everything else). Most people who say otherwise just haven't played since Red or Blue, which isn't a surprise.

I'm excited to get Jirachi :).

Might have to get a new DS too...my current one quite literally JUST blew a fuse about 5 minutes ago.

Pokemon is one of the largest game franchises in the world and has spinoffs across a few different genres (the mystery dungeon games are very fun).

They've finally (with the diamond and pearl games) told the story of pokemon, in a round about way, from the very moment of creation. Arceus, in a sense, is god. The rest I believe you can read on the bulbapedia.

I'm excited to see if they run with it and finally make an MMO where people uncover the history of pokemon while trying to stop team rocket (or a similar organization) from ending existence. I know Cyrus comes close in the latest games, which is...btw...a dick move. Nobody should be ending existence, that's just rude ;).

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
..What?

Is this real life or a game or some messed up dream that someone had and decided to write down?

I am so confused by all these weird fuzzy things wandering around. Why do they keep saying their own names like they're trying to remember them? What's with the little ball things? How do these creatures fit in them? And if I can't wish for anything related to the game in the game, what can I wish for?

Ah, I guess I'll never know. I've been avoiding Pokémon like the Black Plague ever since someone conceived the idea on their LSD-fuelled trip around a Japanese nursery.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
will1182 said:
Pfft, clearly you're not as hardcorz as some people.

Harumph. And you call yourself a gamer!

[sup]I probably also would die of embarassment, but that's beside the point![/sup]

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
I must get to gamestop and get this...and i must get soul silver...silver was awesome. but so was gold. the best games in the whole series.