Supposedly Difficult Bosses That You Found to be Easy?

Chaosian

Mar 26, 2011
To keep with the trend of Darksouls,

Capra Demon, Gravelord Neat'o, and Gwyn I all beat in the first or second try.
Granted, I was fairly overleveled at Gwyn (level 100), and had Solaire for the first half of the fight, but eventually I just let Solaire die because we were killing the final boss too quickly for me.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Who here plays Warframe? Two bosses come to mind immediately,although one might not count,as it involves abusing Pathing AI.

-The Phorid. Picture a mutated dog,about the size of an RV. It can scream,harming every player on the level,and completely disabling them until the scream is done. Thankfully,the Phorid itself is ALSO locked down for the duration. It can fire homing psychic bolts,which deal an obscene amount of damage. It moves fast,and when it smacks you,it deals an obscene amount of damage,and knocks you over.

All-in-all,a VERY nasty boss. Or so I heard.

The Phorid's arena is a helipad with some miscellaneous junk on it,including two fairly large crates with a man-sized space between. So I thought "Self,I bet I can get the Phorid hung up on that."

And so I did. The Phorid always opens up with a scream,and will only use the bolts on targets beyond a certain distance. I take the scream,and make a beeline for the crates,getting the Phorid stuck on the gap. Too close for the bolts,too far for the swipe. And it won't scream again,because it thinks it can get me.

-Lieutenant Lech Kril. He's huge,he's very well armoured,he has a minigun with infinite ammo,and a hammer the size of the short bus. If he swings that hammer,there's a big shockwave that probably just knocked you over. If he drives it down,he just sent a wave of ice at you. He can also fling ice spikes. Oh,and did I mention that he's INVINCIBLE!?

Yes,the boss that cannot take damage...Conventionally. Many players have a hard time against Kril because of the fact that you have to first get behind him and muck with his cryopack. By shooting it until it turns green. But that's not all you have to do. Once it turns green,you have to cut one of the hoses by shooting them,and then goad him into throwing an ice wave. Rinse and repeat three times.

Once all four hoses are cut and he accidentally froze himself for the fourth time,he ditches the ice for fire. And then he becomes your average bullfight boss.

Most players find Kril hard because of his raw damage output,and the fact that to fight him,you need to be in the open. Me? I just stay in arm's reach. His AI dictates that he has to swing his hammer at that range. The arm goes up,I roll out of range,then I shoot his backpack. Easy pickin's.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
The first boss of Ninja Gaiden Black. I had never touched an X-Box (and haven't since) before trying this game at my nephew's. I don't see what the big deal is.

PBMcNair

Aug 31, 2009
VodkaKnight said:
My friends said Monsoon from Metal Gear Rising was a difficult boss, I found him really easy.
They weren't kidding about Armstrong though. He's fucking indestructible.
Monsoon is a righteous pain in the ass, if you can't parry. I didn't really get good at parrying until I fought him. Once you get the hang of it, he's not too bad.

But Armstrong, he was something else. Finally bringing him down was the most safisfying feeling games have given me in a long time.

Bestival

May 5, 2012
scorptatious said:
Hmm. Only example I can think of would be Ornstein and Smough from Dark Souls.

I was able to beat them within two tries on my first playthrough. I think I was using a crystal halberd so Smough went down relatively fast.
Yeah my friend had a lot of trouble with them. I did it on first go, with just Solaire... I wanted Ornstein last though, but Sol just beat the ever living shit out him. Ended up DPS racing to kill Smough in time when I noticed that, but Sol got his last hit in just before I managed to get my killing blow.
Am still kinda sore about that one, I really wanted that spear!

In Dead Island, final fight. Never heard anyone say it was hard or anything, but my friend (same guy) literally oneshot him with a knockback flaming circlesaw bat thing. Boss went off flying fucking supersonic and faceplanted into a wall.
Massive disappointment.

Cutscene before fight > Hit > Cutscene after fight.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
In Dark Souls, the hardest boss is Manus. He's from the DLC as the final boss.

Let me tell you- he's REALLY hard if you're not prepared. Not only that, you're screwed if you're soloing him on NG+ unprepared. I remember dying to him 34x before beating him by a notch of health left. The only reason I found him to be easy without even losing a quarter of my health next time was because of a few things...

• 1) I was able to summon Sif to help me. When you rescue him, he actually aids you (hard to find his summon sign during the fight though.)

2) Having the silver pendant repels all of his dark magic so he's basically wasting his time.

3) The character I used was a tank / faith build with a strong shield, so I was able to block 100% of physical attacks.

4) Sunlight blade. It wrecks Manus especially if the Sunlight blade is enchanted on a 15+ Murakumo.

With all of these, he was pretty easy. Don't get me wrong though, without Sif, my build or having a good spell- he's really tough. Heaven forbid if you're a guy with less then 800 HP he'll kill you in a heartbeat unless otherwise.
Generally, Artorias is considered the hardest boss from the DLC. But yes, if you are unprepared for Manus I can see that he would be difficult.

Jul 31, 2013
Well, let's see.... Knight Artorias, the Capra Demon and Manus, Father of the Abyss in Dark Souls. I was actually surprised how easy Artorias was, especially after getting all hyped up for that fight. Just dodge his attacks (or block them, if you are boring) and wait until he does that power-up kneel-thingy. Then start wacking him with your 2H heavy attacks for massive damage. Rinse and repeat until he's dead and you get to buy his sweet armor set.

Manus is a bit trickier, he's a fairly agressive bastard, but as long as you can dodge his melee attacks and repel his dark magic (man, fuck dark magic) with the silver pendant, you're pretty set. Having Sif the Grey puppy also helps, but don't expect him to do anything but run around like and idiot while serving as a distraction, enabling you to chug the occasional estus flask.

Richard Dubbeld

Nov 8, 2011
Lovely Mixture said:
Caramel Frappe said:
In Dark Souls, the hardest boss is Manus. He's from the DLC as the final boss.

Let me tell you- he's REALLY hard if you're not prepared. Not only that, you're screwed if you're soloing him on NG+ unprepared. I remember dying to him 34x before beating him by a notch of health left. The only reason I found him to be easy without even losing a quarter of my health next time was because of a few things...

• 1) I was able to summon Sif to help me. When you rescue him, he actually aids you (hard to find his summon sign during the fight though.)

2) Having the silver pendant repels all of his dark magic so he's basically wasting his time.

3) The character I used was a tank / faith build with a strong shield, so I was able to block 100% of physical attacks.

4) Sunlight blade. It wrecks Manus especially if the Sunlight blade is enchanted on a 15+ Murakumo.

With all of these, he was pretty easy. Don't get me wrong though, without Sif, my build or having a good spell- he's really tough. Heaven forbid if you're a guy with less then 800 HP he'll kill you in a heartbeat unless otherwise.
Generally, Artorias is considered the hardest boss from the DLC. But yes, if you are unprepared for Manus I can see that he would be difficult.
What about Kalameet?

Buffoon1980

Mar 9, 2013
I'm terrible at games. If something is supposedly difficult, it can be pretty much guaranteed that I will have huge problems. I'm genuinely struggling to think of anything relevant. I dunno, I've been playing Rogue Legacy a lot lately, some people have complained it's too hard, but I never came close to finding it too tough. Of course, I still die a lot.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Richard Dubbeld said:
What about Kalameet?
Funny you should ask that, because I've never understood the difficulty people have had with Kalameet. I've always found that his projections and attack patterns are easy to read and the they aren't that difficult to time (compared to Artorias, who has readable patterns, but is very hard to time).

Kalameet's tail on the other hand, is indeed difficult because of the small window you have to attack it.

This is all assuming that we're formally fighting Kalameet and are using Gough's help. Otherwise the "fight" is about as much a fight as it is in Demon's Souls.

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
I was at level 76 at around 2 weeks before Nyx, due to fear of losing I grinded and grinded and beat him easily at level 95.

Also, Sorcerer Fu from Lost odyssey (again, overgrinded), Corallis - Water boss in Kameo, Maneaters in Demon's souls (after finishing Dark souls, Demon's souls felt too easy, I only had troubles with False King and Flamelurker.)

Can't remember what else.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
FightingFork said:
Yunalesca from FFX.

On the forums I frequented at the time, I saw numerous complaints from people about the difficulty of this fight. So, naturally, before the fight I went and powered up my Aeon's and character's overdrives...and completely destroyed her.

Her first form is weak enough that it isn't really worth mentioning. Character overdrives and Holy took care of her second form, and in the third form my Aeon's overdrives took away enough of her HP that the fight was essentially over. I'm not sure, but I don't think I had to revive a single party member. She inflicted that status ailment that has a name which is currently eluding me -- it makes healing items damage you -- but I either cured the character or switched them out without problem.

I felt a little let down after that fight.
Agreed. I've beaten FFX several times now, and I've NEVER had a problem beating Yunalesca. Really, I've had a harder time beating the boss right BEFORE her, rather than Yunalesca herself.

Also, I'm with OP, Nyx was easy. And I didn't even bother to use a single Soma, OR that item that deals 9999 damage in one hit.

Also, in Dragon Age: Origins, I fought the dragon that appears on the mountain where you can ring the bell to summon it. My team was DRASTICALLY underleveled for that kind of challenge. Like, they all died in one hit to this dragon. But, I beat him by myself.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
The final levels of BioShock and BioShock: Infinite, so much for the difficulty curve they'd been building up until that point!

Even the Big Daddy (which is the only one you have to kill so I guess it's a boss) and the final boss were beat in one go on my first playthrough.

I'd also say the final boss of Gears of War: Judgment, just didn't live up to Queen Myrrah from GoW 3's difficulty (at least the ending cutscene in Judgement didn't make me want to vomit, I suppose).

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
I never had a problem with Airman in Mega Man 2 either. In MM3 he is way harder, even with the slide because he seems to do way more damage on contact and his larger size means that he is harder to avoid when he jumps to the other side.

Quickman's stage I never use Flash Stopper on, I prefer just speeding through it. The pattern is pretty much left then right over and over again, but there is like no room for error in some screens.

Quickman himself is pretty easy without the Flashstopper, but in Mega Man 3...he is WAY harder. I absolutely NEED an E tank or 2 on him, and since you can't use one while the Gemini Laser is bouncing around after I inevitably miss...I pretty much suck at fighting him.

Only boss in the game besides Hardman that gives me trouble. Hardman NEVER gave me trouble on the NES. I always took him out first with the Mega Buster. Thing is I play it on the 3DS now, and I swear he is way harder. For instance I don't remember, nor can I find any walkthrough that states, that his fists fly out and then return. I remember jumping over and under both and then sliding under him when he lands. But on the 3DS they shoot out, and come back so you have to dodge them 4 times while avoiding him and still having time to shoot him. Half the time I get hit by the 2nd fist coming back and get knocked right under him and take 2 hits while stunned. I can just barely beat him WITH an E tank, but he's easy with magnet missle.

Flamelurker never gave me much trouble. I've had more trouble fighting the Dirty Colossus melee only as opposed to burning it.

Maybe because my preferred weapon is a +5 Moon Kilij and Flamelurker is hella weak to magic damage.

Kalameet was easy, and I got his tail and killed him on first try. The Sanctuary Guardian was harder on both counts. Artorias wasn't too bad for me, but Manus was as I didn't have the Pendant until he killed me several times.

I have issues getting Priscilla's tail, and Seathe's tail but don't really have problems killing them. Which leads to my tail issue.

I always kill Vanguard in the Demon's Souls tutorial, and the Asylum Demon in Dark Souls. Though I use black firebombs :p

b.w.irenicus

Apr 16, 2013
Hmmm, I'll go with Dark Souls:
Gwyn. I never even once died against Gwyn and I don't know how he is supposed to be hard. I crushed him with my first Build (Heavy Tank complete with Greatshield and Man-Serpent-Sword) und pretty easyly finished him off with my second (Dex-Build going for counters) and third (Mage-Warrior-Hybrid).
Artorias was interesting. He kicked my Dex-Build's ass, but was nearly helpless against my tank.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Lovely Mixture said:
wait, what?
i found him incredibly easy, he melted away from eating soul spears. mind you, i have not encountered him in any kind of NG+ because that just isn't my jam but still, i had more trouble with the chimera.

i would name O&S, so many people have told me they quit the game because they couldn't get past them but really only died once because i didn't have a shield that blocked lightning damage so i died from the damage that bleed through my block. The main reason they are hard is because there are two of them, the attack patterns fairly easy to read and you have to separate them. Unless you want to kill smaug first, that is a ***** to do.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
BioShock Infinite comes to mind, I've read comments about the last fight being hard. I've managed to do it on 1999 without dying, since knowing the game mechanics better a second time around made it a cakewalk. Seriously, you have like 2 gears what makes you invincible and a Vigor upgrade aswell (which also recharges your shield). That game is horribly balanced. I wouldn't mind it being easy, but it was hyped up as being hardcore as duck. Well it ain't.

Also, The Witcher 2 Roche's path, when you have to relive the memories of a dead assassin. You fight against Geralt, it is a foregone conclusion that you die (since playing as Geralt you won), but I've managed to fight so long that the game simply got bored and fast forwarded to my inevitable defeat. :D

And Deus Ex HR, I took the chip (wanted to see if the devs had the balls to screw me hard), so the Namir fight was supposed to be tough as nails, but you could evade him so easily. It was a bit long, but nothing special.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
Ornstein and Smough. The sun guy distracted smough while I whooped Ornstien and Smough was easy after that.

I've heard of a lot of people having trouble with the Siren in Bioshock Infinite. I just hammered her with Devil's Kiss and the Hand Cannon on hard difficulty. Maybe it was just 1999 mode people had trouble with, I don't know.