Survey Says Women Prefer Games Over Sex

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
... while the act of male/female coitus is exactly as awkward, baffling and confusingly unerotic as it has been since Adam first asked Eve if she wanted to see his "snake."
Well then you've been doing it wrong.

Daryle Walker

Jul 16, 2011
Earnest Cavalli said:

Hey stud, Mario is giving your lady more pleasure than you are. Doritos says so.
File these conclusions under "lies, damn lies, and statistics"

Like a nacho cheese-flavored Richard Dawson, Doritos recently polled 2,052 people and discovered that the ladies apparently prefer game time over sexy time.

MCV reports:

The survey of 2,052 people was commissioned by Doritos and found that 49 per cent of women play online games, almost matching the 50 per cent of men that game online.

Of these female online gamers, 84 per cent said they enjoy their gaming sessions, compared to just 70 per cent who enjoy sex. 62 per cent enjoy working out, 71 per cent enjoy shopping and 75 per cent enjoy having a bath.
Each preference result is independent, so there's no way to rank them relatively. The two results in particular add up to over 100% and are each over 50%, so there is a LOT of overlap, with women that like gaming and sex. Even if the number of women online gamers that didn't like sex (30%) were all game-enjoyers, they are still outnumbered by those who like games and sex (54%) by over half (54% > 1.5 x 30%).

Kuckles

As good as the next man.
Aug 15, 2010
bjj hero said:
My partner hates gaming. Why is everyone chasing gamer girls again?
The same reason that hunters like to hunt on rare species, cause it's challenging and everyone will be impressed of your achievement, well other hunters mostly, and the animal rights guys will have a fit, and this analogy is not so accurate as I hoped it would be. But in a nutshell: 'Not many of them available, DO WANT.'

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
AdeptaSororitas said:
Lyri said:
Gives me time to practice on ME2 then lolz. I'm sure we could both play at the same time whilst fornicating xD
This has suddenly taken an astounding turn for the awkward O//O
I can't believe you two let it get past the "It's a long waiting list" post. 0_o

But I came here for this post, actually:

spartan231490 said:
I suspect that these numbers come from a relatively high percentage of the polled gamers who enjoy games but aren't having sex or are virgins. You can't enjoy what you aren't having. That would reduce the percentage.
This is absolutely wonderful, even if you were to take this post as humor.

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
Kuckles said:
bjj hero said:
My partner hates gaming. Why is everyone chasing gamer girls again?
The same reason that hunters like to hunt on rare species, cause it's challenging and everyone will be impressed of your achievement, well other hunters mostly, and the animal rights guys will have a fit, and this analogy is not so accurate as I hoped it would be. But in a nutshell: 'Not many of them available, DO WANT.'
There are *plenty* of gamer girls. o.o Enough so that there's a good chance some may find out their girlfriends are avid gamers *after* the relationship starts. I mean, even the ones that put on the air of being above video games are starting to act less haughty towards them. >D

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Survey is bullshit, and doesn't give nearly enough parameters to be anything near scientific

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
Earnest Cavalli said:

Hey stud, Mario is giving your lady more pleasure than you are. Doritos says so.

Like a nacho cheese-flavored Richard Dawson, Doritos recently polled 2,052 people and discovered that the ladies apparently prefer game time over sexy time.

MCV reports:

The survey of 2,052 people was commissioned by Doritos and found that 49 per cent of women play online games, almost matching the 50 per cent of men that game online.

Of these female online gamers, 84 per cent said they enjoy their gaming sessions, compared to just 70 per cent who enjoy sex. 62 per cent enjoy working out, 71 per cent enjoy shopping and 75 per cent enjoy having a bath.

Additionally, the survey found that of the average 3.5 hours the participants spent online each week, those of the feminine persuausion dedicated 23.1 percent of their time to interactive gaming, while the burly male types found themselves gaming only 22.3 percent of the time.

Alright, look, I'm going to level with you guys: Even forgetting that this survey was conducted by a company most famous for clogging keyboards worldwide with greasy orange dust, this entire thing is meaningless.

84 percent of women enjoy gaming, while only 70 percent enjoy sex? I don't see a correlation between the two data points. I see an entertainment industry segment designed to be, at best, wildly entertaining (and at worst, completely inoffensive) succeeding at its goal, while the act of male/female coitus is exactly as awkward, baffling and confusingly unerotic as it has been since Adam first asked Eve if she wanted to see his "snake."

Of course, a headline like "games are rad, sex is pretty confusing for most people" wouldn't do much for the Doritos PR wonks, so the company explicitly focused on the most salacious data point it could find.

Remember kids: Sex sells, but questioning the virility of your stupid male audience will have you swimming through a Scrooge McDuckian money vault by the end of the week.

Source: MCV [http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/women-love-gaming-more-than-sex#after-ad]

If you think about it this is a pretty insulting survey worded in a way to make it sound like women prefer gaming, shopping and pampering themselves (baths) over sex. Take out the gaming part and you're insinuating that all women are Peggy Bundy.

The better news from this is that 55-70% of the women polled enjoy both Gaming AND Sex. Gamer girls are the majority of this poll and their lookin for love.

That is how you should have worded this to make your readers happy.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
ProjectTrinity said:
snip

spartan231490 said:
I suspect that these numbers come from a relatively high percentage of the polled gamers who enjoy games but aren't having sex or are virgins. You can't enjoy what you aren't having. That would reduce the percentage.
I admit being somewhat confused. Are you agreeing with me? or is that sarcasm?

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
spartan231490 said:
ProjectTrinity said:
snip

spartan231490 said:
I admit being somewhat confused. Are you agreeing with me? or is that sarcasm?
I was agreeing with you. I also found it a little funny, so I added that second part in thar.

Comando96

May 26, 2009
I'm sorry but this story and its use of statistics is the method Fox news use to get theirs...

There is a 12% difference between those who enjoy games and those who enjoy sex.

However that difference does not account for the other 88% of the survey as to whether they prefer games or sex.

It could turn out that this 38% of women's sexual partner(s) simply do not know how to do the job or don't have what is required to do the job(I feel sorry for the latter). And the rest enjoy it more than games...

They didn't ask the direct question "Sex or online gaming" therefore a comparison point cannot be made >.>

Zeraiya

Jul 16, 2011
I can't believe that. That hardly seems like a proper survey. It was done by a chip company for God's sake!

I'm female and I can tell you I find it very hard to find other female gamers. Aside from the debate on whether women prefer sex to games... I can't even find the women who play games to start off with.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Since when does Doritos qualify to be trustworthy with such data ? It is a fucking snack! I have never been hard on statistics cause I hate math but if I were to believe this, I should have gotten laid years ago.

In all my years of gaming, I have come across 3 women who own a current gen console. 1 of them is presentable and she lives in fucking California. Are you telling me, that you found enough gaming women for a survey that took about 3 minutes, while people like me, who are actually more into the medium than you are, have come across maybe 10 of these women in their entire lifetime? How the hell are we supposed to buy this? What kind of cologne did they spray the survey center with ?

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
boondoggler23 said:
Its Doritos trying to depress us, so that we eat more Doritos due to our terrible depression.

Nice try Doritos
I agree...besides, I prefer other brands of chips anyway >:p

so good job to them, cuz the part of my brain that wants chips is going crazy right now... but not for Doritos

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
AdeptaSororitas said:
This female humbly questions: "Why I can't I do both at once?"
LOL and to think some guys, after reading this article, were starting to question the wisdom of pursuing a gamer girlfriend

I kid, I kid. I always joke to my (non-gaming) friends that a gamer girl is gets bonus points in attraction. Not sure why I confound them so much.

Eh, my ex had no interest in gaming and much preferred time spent on...other activities.
(jk, Facebook. no no ART actually...)

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
Lol these women who prefer gaming obviously have not had a good f$#@, and when i say good f&%* I mean the kind that makes them d@$# whipped. Believe me it happens the same way guys get p@!&$ whipped. Why do you think that girls love bad boys? Let me give you a hint, its not just our personality.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
The better question would have been
"If you were to choose one and eliminate the other entirely, which would you pick?"

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
So, I take it Doritos is aiming to sell to the single and depressed young male gamer market? Because fuck it, girls don't like sex, might as well eat Doritos right?