Survey Says Women Prefer Games Over Sex

AdeptaSororitas

Jul 11, 2011
Coldflame727 said:
I'm not quite sure the math checks out...
"84 per cent said they enjoy their gaming sessions, compared to just 70 per cent who enjoy sex. 62 per cent enjoy working out, 71 per cent enjoy shopping and 75 per cent enjoy having a bath."

84+70+62+71+75=362.

I am NOT trying to troll, so if anyone can figure out how the math works, please tell me.
The percentages aren't mutually exclusive. So one girl might enjoy both games AND baths, or shopping AND working out AND sex.

Lekonua

Mar 25, 2009
Coldflame727 said:
I'm not quite sure the math checks out...
"84 per cent said they enjoy their gaming sessions, compared to just 70 per cent who enjoy sex. 62 per cent enjoy working out, 71 per cent enjoy shopping and 75 per cent enjoy having a bath."

84+70+62+71+75=362.

I am NOT trying to troll, so if anyone can figure out how the math works, please tell me.
It's not a poll. They probably gave them a list and said "check off everything you enjoy."

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
AdeptaSororitas said:
I see what you did there XP
I'm totally innocent I tell ya...but hypothetically speaking if I wasn't so innocent would it have hit an approval rating? :p
[sub]Game of choice for such actions?[/sub]

AdeptaSororitas

Jul 11, 2011
Lyri said:
I'm totally innocent I tell ya...but hypothetically speaking if I wasn't so innocent would it have hit an approval rating? :p
[sub]Game of choice for such actions?[/sub]
Riiiiight, and Eldar aren't space elves. And who knows *shrug* ^.~ And Mass Effect 2, on Insanity, it CAN be done.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
AdeptaSororitas said:
Riiiiight, and Eldar aren't space elves. And who knows *shrug* ^.~ And Mass Effect 2, on Insanity, it CAN be done.
Let's do this xD

JezebelinHell

Dec 9, 2010
The article and poll are reading something into the results that isn't there. They did not ask women "Do you enjoy video games more than sex?" They basically asked "Do you enjoy video games?" and "Do you enjoy sex?" Both of those questions would be answered yes by the majority of people out there. It does not support the assumption being made that they PREFER video games over sex. They apparently did not even bother to ask that. All this says is that more women are satisfied by their gaming sessions than they are with their sex lives and the reason they enjoy gaming more may simply be because they are not having sex, not having enough sex, having sex with a guy that sucks, so on and so on. Again, questions that were not part of the information given.

I love having debates about the lack of information and baseless assumptions. Way to go. Yeah, you can be aggravated with Doritos, the article and the writer for misleading assumptions.

Also, this is the problem with a lot polls.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
AdeptaSororitas said:
Let's do this xD
Take a number XP its a loooong waiting list, namely somewhere between 60-80 years ^.~[/quote]
*takes ticket*

Gives me time to practice on ME2 then lolz. I'm sure we could both play at the same time whilst fornicating xD

AdeptaSororitas

Jul 11, 2011
Lyri said:
Gives me time to practice on ME2 then lolz. I'm sure we could both play at the same time whilst fornicating xD
This has suddenly taken an astounding turn for the awkward O//O

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
AdeptaSororitas said:
This has suddenly taken an astounding turn for the awkward O//O
I lol'd irl.
If you'd had picked Dai Katana, THAT would have been awkward.

blasmeister

May 30, 2011
this poll is so bad - sure 84% of women who play online games... enjoy playing online games, but that's 84% of that 49% of total women who actually play games. assuming people's enjoyment of games and sex are uncorrelated, you can say the 70% figure is fairly accurate across all women polled, making it ~70% compared to ~42%. That and the poll not being at all comparative, being vague and having a small/unrepraesntative sample etc. makes this mean basically nothing at all.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
In the past week (5 days: not even a week) my GF and I have clocked more hours in WoW alone than we have being intimate in the past 2.5 months (read; the amount of time we've been living together).

Honesty time: I am male and I only read a bit of the article. I think though, that it's more surprising that I (as a male) personally prefer gaming to sex having.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Wow, this thread has been all sorts of strange to me.

1. are they counting farmville as an online game? how did they define "game"?

2. a Jack and Calumon post? Where have I been? because I haven't seen that in a long time.

3. did Lyri and AdeptaSororitas just hook up?