Swatter Arrested, Could Face Five Years in Prison

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
BakaSmurf said:
Risingblade said:
Carrots_macduff said:
it depresses me when people are happy to see a kid go to jail, no matter what they did.

not saying he doesnt deserve it, but if you must send a 19 year old to prison, it should be done reluctantly, not with a smile on your face. plus, if you think its going to make him a better person, youre probably wrong.
Hopefully it's a minimum security prison, poor kid is probably going to be molested.
Poor kid? Poor KID?

You jest, surely you jest! This sociopath not only attempted pre-meditated murder via police of several individuals for his own personal enjoyment, he has also committed identity theft of at least two persons, and in at least one case contacted them afterwords, and threatened to use this information he had acquired to bankrupt his victim's father as well as the victim themselves just because. These are not the actions of a 14 year old making empty threats over Xbox LIVE to another 14 year old and being punished severely and unnecessarily for it, these are the actions of a man with so few personal morals that he's all too willing to destroy the lives of people he has in all likelihood never met simply because he can.

I pray that you both simply didn't read through the entire article as opposed to actually believing that this grown-ass adult man that has flat-out terrorized several people in the past for his own personal enjoyment is a "kid," and by definition should receive a lax sentence for his multiple, sociopathic crimes that frankly he should be serving at the very least a life sentence for.
I'm not saying he should receive a light sentence. I just feel sorry for anyone that young going to prison.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Carrots_macduff said:
it depresses me when people are happy to see a kid go to jail, no matter what they did.

not saying he doesnt deserve it, but if you must send a 19 year old to prison, it should be done reluctantly, not with a smile on your face. plus, if you think its going to make him a better person, youre probably wrong.
If the idiot didn't want to be sent to prison he should have never done what he did. This is entirely his own doing. Perhaps he should have used his brain and thought about the consequences of such actions instead of being an entitled little shit thinking he can do whatever he wants.

I am happy this guy is going to prison. Honestly I think five years is a slap on the wrist. I say throw a huge fine at him too that will take decades to pay off.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
For fuck sake! I've never heard of Swatting before, but I shouldn't be surprised it exists.

With that damage, 5 years is good, though I'd do more. Now that we have his name and face, he most likely won't do it again. Well, many here would have me believe that.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Sad to hear that a 19 year old may end up behind bars for doing something stupid. I understand that he could have gotten someone killed but oh well. If you do the crime, you better be prepared to do the time.

JarinArenos said:
Eiv said:
I would give him 5 years for that poor attempt at a beard alone.
The "neckbeard" phenomenon is a remarkably easy one to explain. It comes from the position that the owner should not be inconvenienced in any way. See, hair on the cheek itches, especially when it's coming in, and once it's long enough not to itch, it's annoying and hot and gets in the way. Thus: shave it. Hair on the neck does not get in the way nearly as much, however, so it can just be trimmed once it reaches the point that it no longer itches. Add to this the fact that it is FAR more difficult to shave (much like that little bush on his upper lip), and the inconvenience-avoidance response kicks in and says "just trim it".
Wait, hair on other people's necks doesn't itch for them? That's the place I have the facial hair itch the worst. I shouldn't complain because it encourages me to keep myself clean shaven but that would explain the weird neck beard style nerds and hipsters have adopted recently.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
Risingblade said:
BakaSmurf said:
Risingblade said:
snip
I'm not saying he should receive a light sentence. I just feel sorry for anyone that young going to prison.
Your empathy is misplaced. If you're going to feel sorry for anyone, feel sorry for the victims of the malicious crimes that could have been killed by police officers believing that a very serious crime was occurring in their house rather then the perpetrator.

Seriously, this man's actions were straight-up sadistic, he's done this before, he would have done it again had he not been caught.

Another thing worth mentioning, there's a good chance that the people that've been 'swatted' by this psychopath may very well have lost any trust they may have had in the American police force after having a loaded and armed 12-gauge shotgun being pointed at their head simply because some pathetic excuse of a man thought wasting tens of thousands of tax payer dollars would be funny.

Honestly, would you still feel bad if he were the one holding a gun to his victim's head simply because he could? Because what this malicious asshole did, on multiple occasions I feel the need to mention again, was only one step away from just that. Actually, if anything, what he did was worse then if he had been holding the gun himself. Just imagine how the police officer that may have shot an innocent man to death may have felt after doing so once he'd realized they'd been tricked. He didn't just risk ruining the lives of the men he targeted, he risked ruining the lives of the police officers he mislead into attacking innocents they'd sworn to protect.

Just consider that the next time you think of this asshole and feel even the slightest pinge of empathy for the situation he deservingly got himself into.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
thaluikhain said:
In other news, 2-3 days ago US police went to someone's house because the family were concerned after they'd had surgery. The police shot and killed them.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/family-asks-cops-to-check-on-74-year-old-vet-after-surgery-and-they-break-in-and-kill-him/

So, very limited sympathy for people who send call for SWAT teams.
Did you READ the article you linked? The cops shot a man who was pointing a gun at them, after he'd refused a request to disarm. That's pretty much what you'd expect to happen...
OT: Peggy Hilling at it's finest. Dude knew just enough about the activities to perform them, but not enough to get away with them. Criminals who are too dumb to know how much they don't know are a near self-solving problem. Regardless of any punishment he receives, it's not going to stop future attempts from others; it will just stand as an example of why they need to be more careful.

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
Really wish people would stop treating swatting like it's new. I guarantee it wasn't a brand new phenomenon when my friend was swatted 10 years ago. He lost his house because of that. He had night terrors about it for a good while, and in all honesty, he'd likely be a much better person if it had never happened to him. He's got a distrust and hatred of the police so strong it consumes him. He blames his whole life being fucked up on the cops. Personally, I think it was all the laws he broke, drugs he smoked, and being an eternal fuck up, but that's just my take on it.

I don't think 5 years is a large enough sentence for the severity of these crimes. Maybe if it was 5 years without parole I could support it. It seems that quite often a sentence like this would realistically get 2 1/2-3 years with good behavior.

mjharper

Can
Apr 28, 2013
Five years is not enough. Make an example of this fool.

And make sure he has no access to the internet at all. Dial-up phones only.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
BakaSmurf said:
Risingblade said:
BakaSmurf said:
Risingblade said:
snip
Your empathy is misplaced. If you're going to feel sorry for anyone, feel sorry for the victims of the malicious crimes that could have been killed by police officers believing that a very serious crime was occurring in their house rather then the perpetrator.

Seriously, this man's actions were straight-up sadistic, he's done this before, he would have done it again had he not been caught.

Another thing worth mentioning, there's a good chance that the people that've been 'swatted' by this psychopath may very well have lost any trust they may have had in the American police force after having a loaded and armed 12-gauge shotgun being pointed at their head simply because some pathetic excuse of a man thought wasting tens of thousands of tax payer dollars would be funny.

Honestly, would you still feel bad if he were the one holding a gun to his victim's head simply because he could? Because what this malicious asshole did, on multiple occasions I feel the need to mention again, was only one step away from just that. Actually, if anything, what he did was worse then if he had been holding the gun himself. Just imagine how the police officer that may have shot an innocent man to death may have felt after doing so once he'd realized they'd been tricked. He didn't just risk ruining the lives of the men he targeted, he risked ruining the lives of the police officers he mislead into attacking innocents they'd sworn to protect.

Just consider that the next time you think of this asshole and feel even the slightest pinge of empathy for the situation he deservingly got himself into.
Exactly, this criminal built his coffin and now he has to lay in it. Five years is a slap on the wrist. I say hit him with a thirty or forty year sentence. Make an example of him.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Zefar said:
I suppose he isn't laughing anymore when the cops are knocking on his door.

As for 5 years. That seems to high imo. I'm sure people who have gotten others killed have gotten less. Or permanently disabled someone only getting like a year or two.
Do you have any idea how a swat team behaves? His actions certainly could have gotten people killed or seriously hurt... All it would have taken is a slight misunderstanding or vaguely threatening behaviour when the swat team breaks into your house unexpectedly...

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
All sympathy I might have had seeped away when I saw the definition of Swatting and his fucking hacking hobbie.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
you could almost say that this god got frame?

ill see myself out.

JarinArenos said:
Eiv said:
I would give him 5 years for that poor attempt at a beard alone.
The "neckbeard" phenomenon is a remarkably easy one to explain. It comes from the position that the owner should not be inconvenienced in any way. See, hair on the cheek itches, especially when it's coming in, and once it's long enough not to itch, it's annoying and hot and gets in the way. Thus: shave it. Hair on the neck does not get in the way nearly as much, however, so it can just be trimmed once it reaches the point that it no longer itches. Add to this the fact that it is FAR more difficult to shave (much like that little bush on his upper lip), and the inconvenience-avoidance response kicks in and says "just trim it".
what i took from this is that bear growing itches for some people. i never feel my bear grow and i shave randomly (every second day when i go to work, not at all for up to over a week when i dont have to go to work).

I also wouldnt say that neck is hard to shave. its the easiest part for me. the curve where it goes from neck to face is the most annoying one (which i guess explains the "soul beard" popularity.

Ticklefist said:
If this was the 90s the guards would have already wiped that tough guy look off his face.
yeah, because beating people up before they go to court is a great way to conduct law enforcement.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Carrots_macduff said:

I think it's more that people are happy in that it might serve to dissuade others from swatting in the future.

Also, some people just get happy when bad people are put away. I know you're calling him just a kid, but he's old enough to make responsible decisions. Him swatting someone makes him a pretty awful human being in my book.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
ccggenius12 said:
thaluikhain said:
In other news, 2-3 days ago US police went to someone's house because the family were concerned after they'd had surgery. The police shot and killed them.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/family-asks-cops-to-check-on-74-year-old-vet-after-surgery-and-they-break-in-and-kill-him/

So, very limited sympathy for people who send call for SWAT teams.
Did you READ the article you linked? The cops shot a man who was pointing a gun at them, after he'd refused a request to disarm. That's pretty much what you'd expect to happen...
Sure (well, at least, that's what the police claim). But someone who legally owns a firearm isn't unlikely to grab it when strangers unexpectedly enter the house, and it isn't unlikely to end like this.

heroicbob

Aug 25, 2010
Scorpid said:
J Tyran said:
I hope he gets jailed for each charge he gets convicted of and has to serve the sentences consecutively, hopefully after a few examples are made this will stop.
Just like murder. Murdering Murders has built us a world of all man kind embracing each other with absolutely no knives involved!

OT: I think that sentence is too harsh. Fine him for sure but locking a young man into prison where he can sit on his ass do nothing for 5 years isn't going to improve his life or that of his loved ones who are going to likely support him. But then again that is my problem with the american prison system (which lets never forget is itself hyper racist).
is it? the swat teams that are called in are armed to the teeth with the expectation that they are there to save someone from a home invasion im surprised no one has been killed by swatting yet

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Why not jail them like you would do anyway but also slap on a perma tech ban, anyone who dares to swat like that guy will forever lose their privs to use anything like a PC again which will further fuck their careers down the line for the massive risk they took with wasting gov money and lives along with the law.

A friend of mine was against the idea but I believe it;s the only brute force way to get the point across as bluntly as possible, you aren' t supposed to be doing that shit and you;re supposed to stop doing it, it;s not okay, getting 5 years to some people can mean diddley squat but a perma tech ban can leave a proper mark and teach a powerful lesson, if you don't care about losing the right to use tiwtter you will care when you're limited to what jobs you can apply for, either way it;s a lesson that will affect you one way or another.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I'm just sorry such a young person had to be the poster boy to drill a hole into these fuckwits. But ...yeah. Sorry, you are getting exactly what you deserve if you think this is an okay thing to do.

Get your head straight.

Zefar

May 11, 2009
CrystalShadow said:
Zefar said:
I suppose he isn't laughing anymore when the cops are knocking on his door.

As for 5 years. That seems to high imo. I'm sure people who have gotten others killed have gotten less. Or permanently disabled someone only getting like a year or two.
Do you have any idea how a swat team behaves? His actions certainly could have gotten people killed or seriously hurt... All it would have taken is a slight misunderstanding or vaguely threatening behaviour when the swat team breaks into your house unexpectedly...
I know how a Swat team behaves and I know the risks of it. But I'm positive that I've read about people actually hurting someone to the point of forever handicapped and gotten off lightly. It was the same with like tax evasions and such. You get a ridiculous high punishment for it.

Rattja

Dec 4, 2012
At first I thought he deserved it and it was right, hell 5 years may not even be enough! Then..
Think about it for a second here..
Put this kid who is already sort of missguided in a place with a bunch of actual criminals, is that really a good idea?

Yeah he deserves something, but I don't think surrunding him with people that have done way worse for a long period of time is going to do much good for him.
No sure how the jail system works over there, but I've got a feeling that this is not helping him in any way, and he might be even worse when he gets back out.
But hey why care right? He did something wrong so "fuck him" right?
Unless he does something wrong again, first THEN people care... Gahh...