Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Pants?! I am disappoint.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
kurupt87 said:
Apparently the red and blue didn't shout AMERICA! loud enough, they had to add the eagle to make sure you get it.

As an outsider looking in, America is so hilariously nationalistic. I mean yeah you've got your obvious state sponsored brainwashing with the pledge and all but damn, even your comic characters can't escape.

Anyway, I'll watch the first episodes for s&g's but I'm not exactly expecting The Dark Knight here.
You do know that Wonder Woman got her start during World War II, right?

Also, Batman is an American creation as well. Just sayin'

Now I don't know that much about Wonder Woman, but she's best known by the general public as a type of female role model. She was regarded as a Feminist icon during the 60's and 70's, demonstrating that women could be just as capable as men (or super-powered men, as the case may be).

Somehow I don't think the producers were thinking "female role model" when they designed this particular costume. I understand Wonder Woman is known also for her beauty, but it seems like this is just blatant male fan-service with the over-accentuated boobage factor.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Looks like something that came right from a fetish website. Then again, this is Wonder Woman we're talking about

cabalistics

May 4, 2009
It looks better than I thought it would but it's way too shiny, almost everything Ive heard about the plot makes me think he's just shoe horning Wonder Woman into the the same Ally Macbeal
style formula that wore out it's welcome years ago.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
Palicki's costume is similar to the way Wonder Woman looks in comic books, but she wears bright, solid blue pants and blue boots with gold trim. Instead of the sometimes-used golden "W"s adorning Wonder Woman's chest, the television show's costume designers went with a golden bird. Palicki also has a golden lasso on her hip (which is looking pretty weak), a golden headband, and silver wristbands for deflecting bullets.
Looks great to me. Go girl power!

Wonder Woman is all about female power, and nothing is more powerful than a good neck line. ^^

Also, anyone know who's writing/directing this show?

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
She's going to fall out of that top if she starts fighting... though I bet most of you wouldn't consider that a bad thing. It looks cool, but it's way too impractical.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
FogHornG36 said:
This looks like something they sell at Spencers....
I remember reading that in Raimi's Spider-Man, Parker's costume was supposed to be crap. Eventually, he snags a store-bought costume and uses it because it's superior.

Maybe their prototype was so bad they ducked out to Spencer's.

Feb 13, 2008
Neverhoodian said:
but it seems like this is just blatant male fan-service with the over-accentuated boobage factor.
I suggest you look into the guy who created Wonder Woman in the first place. Who lived with his wife and her lesbian lover. And was not at all into sapphic bondage at all.

Not at all.

marscentral

Where's the Kaboom?
Dec 26, 2009
Wow, it looks like they spent literally tens of dollars on that costume. Between the crappy script and this, I'm trying to decide whether this show is the result of someone losing a bet or an elaborate build up for an April Fool.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Blue spandex tights isn't working. Too much blue in the costume. Granted, if they went with her wearing a bathing suit, that might be a little odd, although I think I'd like it better (no, not because she's showing more skin). Poor Wonder Woman simply can't find a good niche it seems like. I'm curious to see how this show does. Maybe if they changed the colors of her boots back to red the tights might work. I just can't get past all the blue...

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Kind of interesting, I've actually been seeing Wonder Woman for the past three or four weeks around university. Well, sort of, it was a girl who was running against me and some others for election to our student union leadership (she didn't get the position. Neither did I.), and her gimmick was to dress as Wonder Woman and say she'd be the 'superhero' who would improve the union for everyone. I was actually surprised on the results night, it was probably the first time I'd seen her when she wasn't wearing a Wonder Woman costume...

Anyway, just wanted to mention that. As for this, looks kinda sexy from the picture, so I'll probably watch the pilot (either online or if it comes to UK shores) for that alone. As for the quality of the show itself, well, we'll just have to wait and see if it's any good, right?

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
Isn't she form charmed? Paige. Can't remember her actual name but.. She might be able to make wonder woman less of a tramp.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
It's so.... bright. She looks like a plastic action figure. Or a ceramic doll dressed up in Barbie's clothes.