Tap water , do you drink it?

deathjavu

Nov 18, 2009
No, I buy tap water from somewhere in New Jersey for roughly 1000 times the cost/unit, that someone put in a shitty plastic bottle and shipped here.

(Yes, I drink tap water. Unless some horrible catastrophe occurs to the public water system, it's probably better than bottled water. At the very least, it doesn't have any tiny plastic particles in it.)

(read the label on bottled water sometime, it usually says "bottled from municipal source" which means "you have paid a whole bunch of money for tap water, sucker")

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Tap water all the way here, its filtered etc however when I visited the states it tasted strange

Lliustril

Jan 25, 2013
Yup, but then the tap water here is pretty damn pure. They only started adding fluorine after the earthquakes (I'm from Christchurch, NZ). I buy bottled water when I go to Dunedin because it just tastes odd, you can still taste it in hot drinks.

The water here is sourced from an aquifer so it actually is the same stuff as bottled water, just without the sugar content.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
I do drink tap water. That said, the tap water quality out here is not very good. However, my house and a bunch of my friends houses all have our water filtered. So most of the time I have no problems with it.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Yeah, but my tap is well water and filtered not chlorinated pool piss. I'd still take iron water over city water.

Adamantium93

Jun 9, 2010
Where I'm from, the tap water is as good or better than the bottled kind so I just drink from the tap more often than not (alternatively, through a filter because its more environmentally friendly than a bottle)

The only time I would drink from a bottle is if I was in an area with dubious water quality (such as a large city or at our vacation area in Maine where water is primarily taken from wells.)

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
Yep, since bottled water is just a big ripoff. I have a water bottle that has a filter built into it, so I'll just fill it with water from the tap and then stick it in the refrigerator to keep cool, and get it out to drink as I get thirsty during the day.

Gorrila_thinktank

Dec 28, 2010
krazykidd said:
So my question to you escapists is : Do you drink tap water?

And as a bonus question: Is there tap water where you love considered good
Krazykidd, tap water is my life. Mainly because I'm a student.

That being said: best water I've ever had? Canoe trip in the Muskoka lakes area (like due west of you and like 2-3 hours north of Toronto). I garbed our filter pump and went out into the middle of the lake and dropped the hose line like 10 feet down. Crystal clear, cold and as much as you could pump. It was wonderful.

Also, how do you feel about that religious icon thing for all your civic and government workers? that's Montreal right? or is that Quebec in general... wait, Montral is doing the bilingual dog law thing right? shoot... gotta go and Google this.

Regardless, any thoughts on religious paraphernalia for government workers?

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
I drink tap water, but only after letting it run for a few seconds, think there might be some sort of heat difference making the water temporarily white, or maybe that's the fluoride (?) or whatever they put into British water, don't drink Tea or Coffee though, other than that i do drink Pepsi, milk and even juice.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Yeah. [sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]Hail Cameron[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub] Can't see any reason not to. [sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]Hail Cameron[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub] I know some people get worried about government brainwashing rubbish but that's all a conspiracy.[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]Hail Cameron[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

Tomeran

Nov 17, 2011
Yep, I drink a lot of tap water, I reckon. Sweden has great quality on its tap water, so its not an issue. I get why others from places with poorer quality wouldnt drink theirs though.

I never drink bottled water if there's an option. To go a step further and REPLACE tap water with bottled water?
Wow, talk about a huge expense and a ripoff.(when there is easy access to good tap water)

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I've been drinking almost nothing but tap water for the past half year since I quit drinking Pepsi. I live in Stockholm, Sweden, though. Our tap water is among the best in the world iirc. Works for me.

Bottled water is the same as tap water though. Don't see the point in spending way more money for it... Unless you live in areas where tap water is undrinkable that is.

NiPah

May 8, 2009
Do I drink tap water? Yes.
Is the tap water where I live considered good? Well, it's perfectly healthy but it's Florida so it's not pure and has a distinct taste to it. The funny part is because I grew up drinking this "hard" water I don't actually like the taste of bottled water or purified water, give me tap water any day.

Soundwave

Sep 2, 2012
For some reason, water from water fountains in public places has always been delicious to me, but tap water from home has always been awful. Currently I filter and refrigerate my tap water, which is the closest I can get to that flavor.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Nope.

Not because of any health reservations though, here in Toronto tap water is decently clean. I just don't like the taste.

NearLifeExperience

Oct 21, 2012
I don't see why not. If you live in a country where water from the tap is safe to drink, then you're indeed being way too difficult, snobby even, to insist on drinking bottled water only. If you come over to my place I'll put tapwater in a bottle for you, how's that?

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
The water's perfectly fine here, if a bit hard. I haven't drunk bottled water for years.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
krazykidd said:

Yeeeeeeeees? Why wouldn't I? I don't understand why people buy bottled water (when safe tap water is available) to be honest; never found any that tasted good to me, not to mention it's over-priced - as in NOT FREE like tap water usually is - and not terribly environmentally friendly, not to mention - as other's already have - that we don't know what the hell they put in that bottled water like we do with tap water. I actually lived on Pepsi and lukewarm ice-tea when visiting Taizé, France in my teens because I thought the bottled water was disgusting and the tap water there wasn't safe to drink.

That's not to say I haven't had tap water I thought was awful; I live in a hard water area that's high on lime so I think soft water is bleh sometimes. Will still drink it before having bottled water because if "the totally safe and practically free tap water tastes icky" isn't a first world problem, I don't know what is. Does Quebecois water taste like poop or something? Perhaps you should carry your own bottle of water around?

So yes, I drink tap water. And yes, there's tap water that's been particularly good. (Like Gotland's water, love the water there!)

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
RicoADF said:
Tap water all the way here, its filtered etc however when I visited the states it tasted strange
Where were you staying? The water varies a lot in the states. For example I live over top of a giant shale and coal vein that actually filters the water on it's way down to the area aquifer, so it tastes very clean even with out my well pump's filter.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Tap water here(Okinawa) isn't that great, but I just filter it.

In comparison, when I was a kid we had well water in two different places. One tasted like iron, and the other stank of sulfur. Another place I lived in west Texas had water so hard you could actually see the mineral build up on the faucet. We actually drove 60 miles every couple of weeks to fill up a bunch of 5 gallon jugs with tap water from Odessa.