Teacher Cancels Class Because of Portal 2 Launch

Brawndo

Jun 29, 2010
inb4 this makes national news, people overreact (as usual), and Mr. Pado gets fired

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
I'm probably one of the only gamers who actually has never called in sick just so that I can play a game before. The only times I've ever called in sick were when I was actually sick, and one time to get out of work so I could hang out with some friends.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
Im English ... I dont get it till the the 21st T_T STOP MOCKING ME heheh
played through portal today again.

inx7

Apr 30, 2009
HAH! I skipped school today because of portal 2. 1st time i have ever done that for a game and 1st time i had ever pre ordered a game. TOTALY WORTH IT!1

Metal Brother

Jan 4, 2010
Epic teacher win!

I have been known to miss deadlines on occasion when new games have come out. Fortunately my travel laptop isn't capable of running Portal 2 (I know - I just tried ;-) so I won't be able to play until I get home on Sunday...

restoshammyman

Jan 5, 2009
HankMan said:
Mackheath said:
"So by divising his equation E equals M C squared, Einstein proved that the cake is -in fact- NOT a lie."
So THAT's what the C stands for!
It's been bugging me for years. :p
in case you really want to know. C is the speed of light. 300,000,000 m/s

Cracker3011

May 7, 2009
Well, our school basically shut down when Black Ops came out, I swear at least half the school was missing XD

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
This was sent at 1 in the morning, you know he was up waiting for the early unlock on Steam. It was 6am ish UK time so he had a bit of a wait left.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Nice. I've had teachers cancel class for opening day of hunting season. Everyone knew why but nobody openly admitted it. Fun times. Unfortunately it was such a common occurrence they officially changed opening day to a Saturday.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
HAH! I love teachers that do this. He knows the bullshit, everyone is calling in sick so they can play portal. Despite the fact that after the school day is done, THE GAME IS STILL THERE. IT'S NOT LIKE IT WILL DISAPPEAR IF YOU DON'T PLAY IT AS SOON AS IT COMES OUT. Sigh...

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm about to meet up with GlaDOS... Not sure what will happen next.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Last time I skipped school it was because I was riding an ambulance 20 minutes before school started... I guess that can't count as skipping class...
I've never understood those who skip school for games. Sure, I've pulled an all-nighter on a school day, but I've always went and contributed as much as I normally do.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Eugh at people "smiling" and being all happy over such a petty thing, you selfish, narrow minded gaming people (sorry but this is genuinely how i see it)¬¬

You do realize that because a minority (gamers) couldn't wait to play, the ENTIRE class had to rescheduled and end at 7 to compensate?

That is seriously not cool, and if it happened in my class it would totally have screwed over quite a few people who need to get to jobs/kids after, and such rescheduling is a nightmare for them, usually forcing them to miss the lecuture all together (and not because they just wanna play a game).

Generic gamer covers other negatives so ain't touching those, but this seriously isn't something to cheer about, if anything this is the kinda thing that make us seem like total douschebags to non gamers.

Edit: Was this in a school? Kinda assumed from the picture it was a lecturer posting to his students.

If this took place in a school, disregard all what I said.
If this applies in a uni, then what I said applies (you might not be at school by choice but this is not the case for uni, messing with other people's studies just ain't cool)

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I like how nothing got postponed, leaving the students with the need to get their work done, just without the benefit of a day of class.
That teacher is crafty!

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Rattler5150 said:
I wonder what they will do when Duke nukem forever gets released
The world will explode when that happens, everyone knows that.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Last time I was too "sick" for school was Dead Space 2. Next one might be about the same time I get, L.a Noire.