Teacher Cancels Class Because of Portal 2 Launch

Siberian Relic

Jan 15, 2010
This is why kids these days are as dumb as they are, putting video games above an education. A better option for the teacher would've been to flunk the kids who called out sick.

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
There's still more people on Steam playing Counter Strike than Portal 2... I don't see why this is such a big deal.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Oh My GOD!!! THEY'RE LEARNING!!!!!!!!!

And also, the only classes I missed were because I was deathly ill... I have an outstanding attendance ethic...

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
I never called off school because of a game because my mom wouldn't let me hell she wouldn't let me miss school when I came home from a concert at 3:00 am

beema

Aug 19, 2009
this is getting quite pathetic and disturbing. especially since it's just goddamn Portal, which is nothing more than an amusing room-escape puzzle game in a pretty package. Not that it's not a good game, but the level of insanity surround the Portal 2 release is completely absurd. I really don't understand how this level of hype built up around this series.

The Portal 2 subforum on Steam's message board has 40 PAGES of new threads since Portal released at midnight. Think about that.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
You know what's worse than having to go to school on Portal day?

I came into work at 10:30 this morning which is early since I usually don't start until 6:30, but it's the Easter holidays. So I've missed out on playing Portal today. The thing is my boss came in, saw me, and said "what are you doing here at this time?" I told her that it's early starts during holidays, and she said "Yes but not today as there's a meeting on. Go home and don't come back until 4:30". It was, in fact, 3:00 at this time so I didn't have time to go home and come back. So I spent the hour and a half having some lunch before returning to work.

So no only did I miss out on Portal 2 fun, but also completely needlessly.

Sep 14, 2009
Tulks said:
Anyone else bothered by the grammatical error in the first line? I hope this wasn't an English class.
I would put 100 bucks down it was the annoying as fuck iphone/itouch grammar correction, the thing is annoying as hell and I always end up rereading everything I type on it for errors like that.

OT: that is awesome. my teachers were never this awesome though....jealous.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Wow, that's awesome!!
I don't have Portal yet cuz I don't live in NA like you lucky basterds! But I have a vacation here, so I don't have to call in sick ^^

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Yeah... if your so obsessed with a game that you have to quit your obligations to play it... you might have a problem. I've spent more then a little time avoiding the hype machine and reminding myself... its just a game, there is more important stuff.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
this is cool, but sad at the same time. Oh well, who am I to talk when about 2 years ago I was taking days off to play wow.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
KeyMaster45 said:
Don't lie - you've called in sick to school (or to work) because a game came out that you really wanted to play, haven't you?
No actually I haven't. When a new game comes out that I really want to play I have some freaking patience and play it when I have the free time. The same way that people take off the day after the Super Bowl I think it's silly. (granted some people may actually be sick the day after the Super Bowl) It shows a lack of self-restraint in my opinion.
Yup basically this.

Seriously people, cant you just wait after school or work to play a game?

UnmotivatedSlacker

Mar 12, 2010
Really? Skipping a class just to play some dumb game you can play at any time? Are you fucking kidding me? And from the look of the text, it's probably a college course too, so a bunch of douchebags are wasting time and messing up the schedule of people who paid take that class. ...Yeah, that's totally something to be proud of and cheer for. People need to learn about priorities. Games can wait, educate yourself first.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Well, it was for Science.
I'm going to stop being stupid and give my opinion maturely, now:

Dude, play games when you have time, stop being an impatient twat.