Teen werewolves pop up at texas schools

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Strange. When I was in school the only ones who wore tails were the anime freaks, and they were always an enjoyable, if not socially awkward, bunch. Can only hope these kids are the same. I suppose it is their way of making friends. A little strange, but then again, so is everyone else.

cheese_wizington

Aug 16, 2009
Gang's are posers they just want attention.

What the fuck?! YOU ARE DRESSING UP AS FUCKING WEREWOLVES, I THINK THAT YOU ARE THE ONES WHO WANT ATTENTION.

Mannayz

May 6, 2010
A bunch of emo kids with fluffy tails, a pack, and actually believing they're werewolves? I'm going to restate what several people have said already: it sounds quite similar to the furry lifestyle. They'll discover the furry fandom soon enough, and then they'll get involved with said fandom, and then they'll try to round up all the werewolves within the fandom into their pack.

Also, I'm totally up for that pirate idea. BITTORRENT, GO! Oh... wait... wrong pirates.

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
Grey_Focks said:
*puts on eye-patch*

Ahoy matey.

Yea...nothing really to add to this conversation. Those tails look like a safety hazard, I hope that one kid gets in trouble for that dog-skull, and I STILL say that the 80's trends were more annoying.

YEE HARN HAR HAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I BE DE CAPTAIN O` ME SHIP, DE LADDIEHOO!!! AND YE BE WELCOME ABOARD ME BOAT IF YE BE SO INCLINED

(yes, I live in the Crystal Coast region of North Carolina, I live on the shore, my family has some boats, and Im going to paint "THE LADDIEHOO" on the side of one someday when nobodies looking, join me someday. It will be funn )

Any who....
See, I had fun in high school because I was an anomaly. I got along very well with just about any group. I find it funny that to most kids in high school, individuality involves dressing just like some cliche does. Is a prerequisite of being a "werewolf" having a chain/leash hanging from some part of your clothes or person? dressing in mostly black and changing your "name" to something that sounds canine?

It applies to any "cliche", preps need to dress rich, jocks need to perform in a sport well. Emos need to dye there hair black and be "sensitive". Face it, they dont want to be individual, they want attention

I wasnt really part of any one group. I dressed however I damn well pleased (usually just jeans or cargo khakis and a t-shirt or a polo, or nice button up if i felt snazzy)played on the football team, hung out with the "theatre nerds", the "preps", I got good grades and was on good terms with the school faculty etc etc. I dont think individuality had anything to do with style or what you do or how you act all the time. Its in the little moments. I played football because I enjoyed it. I hung out with the "losers" because A) most were game nerds and I could let my little inner geek out and B) cuz I felt sorry for them, I didnt want to be the guy who just walked by. I performed in theatre because I LOVED IT! Point is(and I know I walk a close line to being guilty of this when I say it)if you try to define you own "Individuality" as something that can be put out in a sentence, your failing.

googleit6

May 12, 2010
Yep, this totally reminds me of the "Ungroundables" episode of South Park.

Damn, ninja'd.

BUT, I say that it's great that the kids can feel like they are close enough to be a family. Having a tight knit group of friends can be awesome, and they are trying to express their individuality. For me, it is a little tacky, but to each their own.

Some people dye their hair, others wear tails.
And some do both. :p

Bagaloo

Sep 17, 2008
Excuse me for a moment while I laugh myself into a coma.

Are they serious? I really don't understand people who would dress in such a ridiculous fashion just to get the attention, but then I'm quite shy in person so I guess it comes down to your personality or something.

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
Those fangs would look a hell of a weird with a full beard...

I really hate the news reporting style of basically saying "look at them, they are weird, but don't worry there is nothing to fear...". Of course there is nothing to fear! They are just people!

Veleste

Mar 27, 2010
Sounds kinda cool, everyone wants to feel like part of a family. I found mine through gaming, is it so surprising that they find it through one of pop cultures latest fads? Bully for them standing out and being different.

Nylis

May 5, 2010
If they wanna dress that way, then whatever. However, tell that one kid to leave people's pets alone. Poor dog.

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
Yeah, um...I like the thought of werewolves and all...

But, seriously?

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Nylis said:
If they wanna dress that way, then whatever. However, tell that one kid to leave people's pets alone. Poor dog.
Exactly.

I can respect them for being who they are(even if I think its completely ridiculous), but murdering someones pet is taking it too far.

Why wasn't he sent to a behavioral school for that? It starts with pets, then moves to people.

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
tehpiemaker said:
Dude, I'm a furry, and I just gotta say that these kids are strange shit. I mean I never think I'm anything other than human. But seriously, maybe it's just a freaky twilight werewolf fan group?
The Emo vs Vampires South Park episode comes to mind. And yet, I believe burning down a Hot Topic will still solve the problem.