TF2 Rip-Off game: Really a Rip-Off?

weeman3000

Mar 29, 2009
And here i was thinking that the escapist were an intelligent bunch, for a set of forum users anyway.

Didn't realise there would be this many valve brown nosers here who can't accept that cel-shaded type games aren't anything new and that TF2 did nothing for the creativity department.

You don't even know if its class based or CTF yet and you still cry rip-off, pathetic.

Kstreitenfeld

Mar 27, 2009
WaffleGod said:
Anybody else noticed that the "blood" looks similar to the TF2 blood, except that it's blue?
Yes, did you also notice that they explode into gibs just like in TF2?

FFS, I can't imagine what these people are thinking.

MaxTheReaper said:
This actually doesn't look half bad.

Oh, excuse me, I forgot to be outraged, but then, I don't actually care.
Seeing as how I've never even played TF2, it looks fine to me.
Then you should go play TF2 if you liked the look of this.

UnearthedArcana

Jul 1, 2009
At the risk of incurring the wrath of the Escapist community, this doesn't look bad at all. It's just that HAVE is a really stupid name.

Lordkeppington

Jun 19, 2009
It may actualy be half good despite it being a rip off i see no reason the two games can't co exist, though i doubt many TF2 fans will play it with the obvious hatered for it being a rip off, however i saw that when 'Killing floor' came out alot of people thought it to be just anouther L4D rip off though i did play it at a friends and found it very fun to play so theres no reason this one should be any different. Unless it actually turns out to be a crap game.

TheTemby

May 29, 2008
It reminds me more of the PS2 game Fur Fighters... or N64's Conkers bad fur day
3rd person shooter thats team based...
i dont think its much of a ripoff, sure it has the team based elements, but it has a different type of atmosphere about it that says -Follow me, im going to be modded to death-

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Okay... I don't know wether I should be ranting on the similarites or questioning why one person has so many female manga dolls.

TheTemby

May 29, 2008
Lordkeppington said:
when Killing floor came out alot of people thought it to be just anouther L4D rip off
Hanging on every irrelivent word!
when i saw Killing Floor i thought, WHOH remake of my favorite UT2k4 mod for UT3... then i did research and found a pricetag

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
They even put an eyepatch on the demoman robot and had the audacity to make the sniper girl in this video uses the same moves as the sniper from the Meet The video?

Fuck me.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Holy balls. Are we sure this isn't just a TF2 mod made by some crazy Japanese people? Because not only did that look like it was rendered in the TF2 version of the Source engine, I'm pretty sure those were the actual models for the Scout's bat and the Demoman's grenade. Jesus. Ubercharges, rocket jumps, medigun beling beams...you know, I might actually play this were it a mod. Then the blatant ripping-off would make sense, and I might actually enjoy the premise. But if the devs try to sell this as a full game, I have a feeling there's going to be a huge gap in their consumer base--that is, anyone who's ever bought the Orange Box.

Canton

Jan 30, 2009
The inspiration from TF2 is obvious. . . perhaps a little too obvious(there won't be such an outcry if it weren't). But the game looks good(or not bad at the very least) because of it.

Let's face it, Valve stumbled upon a winning formula. That other developers would adopt it is not surprising(although some could use a bit more subtlety).

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
SakSak said:
Okay, this is clearly TF 2, with simply the models exchanged mainly for manga and anime girls.

Is this a mod for TF 2 or something? 'cause that I could understand. But if this will be/is it's own game...Yeah. Creativity is officially dead. Again.
I agree. Creativity is going to die a little inside when this gets released as a full game.

chaosfenrir

Mar 25, 2008
issit jus me or can some of the chacs pick up new weapons, i could've sworn i saw the scout sniping and the soldier using a mini-gun...

And yeah it's a rip-off,

TF2, now catering to all otakus! Man somewhere in the world, there're gonna be otakus wanking to this vid

Mindblow

Jul 3, 2009
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA! Holy friggin cr*p bros this is friggin hillarious. I swear to god its like some twisted hybrid of an action game. Holy jesus, a new genre, the Japanese Action Game. I can just think of all the delicious parody that could possibly happen with just the name of the genre.

Kage Me

Jul 10, 2008
I actually think that video is meant to be a joke. It's the only logical explanation I can think of.