TF2 Rip-Off game: Really a Rip-Off?

WaffleGod

Oct 22, 2008
Anybody else noticed that the "blood" looks similar to the TF2 blood, except that it's blue?

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I liked it. At least they didn't make them all huge chested and in skimpy clothes.

Arcanz

Jun 25, 2009
Flying-Emu said:
Arcanz said:
Flying-Emu said:
I disagree. Female models are generally smaller, and therefore harder to hit. This would unbalance the game, because a skinnier Heavy or a more feminine-shaped Scout are going to respectively break their classes.
Dunno how to make ze pictures appear so I'm giving you a link, female models does not need to be smaller. Heavy girl version could be a large russian lady or something, girls ain't always smaller than boys you know

http://www.superaldo.com/files/pyro/pyro_girl_ingame.jpg
Main problem with that picture is that A) Pyro is already a chick and B) Why is she wearing flame-retardant pants and overalls? That doesn't make any sense.

No, women aren't always smaller than men, but GENERALLY they are. And, really now, do you think anyone will want it if their Medic is a fat, blubbery mess?

They want it because they want the novelty of "lawl bewbz kill bewbz", and it would unbalance the game. The classes were given very distinct, very recognizable shapes so that they could be determined with a quick glance. Add in new ones, and invariably they'll start to blend. That=bad.
Hmmm, medic girl. Not a problem, a tall girl wearing a labcoat. And if you need the boob factor you can just have the labcoat open. And it would be easy to make them look similar to the male counterpart. Just use some imagination: But if you're worrying about the hitbox getting smaller, there are a lot of different ways to keep the hitbox the same size without bulking up the females to male physics.

About the pyro, pyro is supposed to resist fire. That's why, of course it doesn't make sense now with all the skin who should now get third degree burns. But hey, it's a game. The most awesome thing about this skin is that just the clothing gets ubered(glowing, still immune to damage) during an ubercharge, looks realy good infact.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
This game may have come potential in the long run, er sure its a stealing a lot of ideas from TF2 but what u have to realise is that TF2 would inspire people to make games like it. Since this game looks like its going to be a stand alone game, its not a mod trust me on this, I will give it a try I don't care much for playing as Manga style characters at all in fact I don't care at all what the character models are of.

Things I can see that are stolen strait from TF2 is the scout double jump, the scout in genral and the Rocketjump as well as the demo man style grenade. The ubercharge in this looks remotely cooler then the one in TF2, plus the biggest difference has to be the use of a 3rd person. The Graphics style is still cartoony and over done.

In the end I don't care, Its not a complete copy like a TF3 or TF-mmo (although that would be awesome) And will give it a shoot even if it makes my brain implode with a shower of party hats.

May 7, 2008
Machines Are Us said:
I liked it. At least they didn't make them all huge chested and in skimpy clothes.
a little bit skimpy...

things i noticed
1.that anime girl from haruhi ((what ever its called))
2.its too well made..probably coming on the ps3 ((lol))
3.exploding and weapons are the same ((lets just throw some anime in there))
4.music is trying to sound like the epic music in tf2 ((..pretty close actually))

.....5.i hated it as soon i noticed they looked like toys made me think of that terrible movie ((cookie to those who figure it out))

I'm pretty close to hating anime now...because of this..=/

May 7, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
This actually doesn't look half bad.

Oh, excuse me, I forgot to be outraged, but then, I don't actually care.
Seeing as how I've never even played TF2, it looks fine to me.
-___-

then you won't understand why people hate it

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
This looks to be a TF2 homage/tribute game, or some kind of mod, but if it's a seperate, for-profit game to be made then it does seem wildly similar to TF2. Hell, even the music's highly similar.

Also, anime. Blech.

FoOd77

Jul 2, 2009
Geamo said:
This looks to be a TF2 homage/tribute game, or some kind of mod, but if it's a seperate, for-profit game to be made then it does seem wildly similar to TF2. Hell, even the music's highly similar.

Also, anime. Blech.
"Blech" indeed, my friend, "Blech" indeed... The anime aspect of it seems pretty tacked on, too.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
sorry user name taken. said:
Machines Are Us said:
a little bit skimpy...

things i noticed
Only the Haruhi character has anything that could be seen that way, she is wearing shorts. That's still nothing compared to the godawfullness that is Dead or Alive or the woman from Ninja Gaiden.

It is similar, but I don't see why anyone cares, nobody is being forced to buy it.

If it's too similar from Valves perspective they will sue and it won't get made so I don't get where all the nerd rage is coming from.

MaxTheReaper said:

-___-

Because it's impossible to like Valve games and not be a fanboy/girl? ;)

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
What is it with people making all these comparisons nowadays?

So what if it's similar to TF2? What if it turns out to be a better game?

It's such a lame rationale to make. I suppose then that Half Life or Unreal shouldn't have been made because Doom cornered the FPS first?

Lame.

ExplosionProofTaco

Nov 13, 2008
I facepalm'd so many times while watching that video. What a retarded name, H.A.V.E, what does that even stand for? Hentai Action Video Enjoyment?

The Creators H.A.V.E no creativity! Sorry I couldn't resist.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
This is what would happen if TF2 hit it's head and thought it was a serious game. They even seem to attack TF2 with the scene with the alarm on the wall and the blatant music theft.
They even use the same sniper rifle sound, nearly the exact pipebomb that the demo uses, the same blood effects, and even a near identical chaingun.

Only "otakus" will buy into this game I figure, I'm not about to buy into it, I like anime, but I don't like ripoffs.

Rafe

Apr 18, 2009
uuhh.....

This has to be a joke right? Damn I hope the pretentious idiots behind this get their arses handed to them by valve.

Lol not sure why this makes me so angry though :p

May 7, 2008
Machines Are Us said:
Machines Are Us said:
a little bit skimpy...

things i noticed
Only the Haruhi character has anything that could be seen that way, she is wearing shorts. That's still nothing compared to the godawfullness that is Dead or Alive or the woman from Ninja Gaiden.

It is similar, but I don't see why anyone cares, nobody is being forced to buy it.

If it's too similar from Valves perspective they will sue and it won't get made so I don't get where all the nerd rage is coming from.

MaxTheReaper said:

-___-

Because it's impossible to like Valve games and not be a fanboy/girl? ;)
oi! XD

only pisses me off because its not original idea just looks like a Japanese girl threw up on it and this was made..

ExplosionProofTaco

Nov 13, 2008
There is a petition trying to stop this. http://www.petitiononline.com/tf2lover/ Sign it, Or not, Whatever. I don't care.

FoOd77

Jul 2, 2009
ExplosionProofTaco said:
I facepalm'd so many times while watching that video. What a retarded name, H.A.V.E, what does that even stand for? Hentai Action Video Enjoyment?

The Creators H.A.V.E no creativity! Sorry I couldn't resist.
Hentai Action Video Enjoyment? Honestly, I wouldn't be all that surprised if thats actually what it stood for.