"That's not how the game is supposed to be played!"

Sneaky Paladin

Jan 21, 2009
Me and my friend play saints row 2 turn on friendly fire milk bones infinite sprint
and low gravity and fight. it essentially makes us super saiyans that only work on land and it is kick ass.

AroLombardi

Apr 16, 2009
I had this thing in SSBB were I'd create a storyline. I'd make the main character usually Lucario, Toon Link, or Pit, and the storyline would be dark vs light. All the characters that can have a dark color are evil, and the people who can do white are good. The storyline would usually start with Lucario being chosen because his dark color also has white, so he is more a hybrid. Toon Link would be the lord of darkness because he's black with red eyes, with red-eyed meta knight as his right hand. And Pit would be Pit of Death, being the betrayer for both sides, ultimately overthrowing Toon Link and killing the Queen of Light (Peach). That would force Lucario and Toon Link to team up, despite their hate for each other because Toon Link would constantly trying to kill him because Lucario has pure darkness in him that could cause the owner unlimited power. They would kill Pit, causing all the darkness to fade away, and Toon Link and Lucario would do one final battle as normal colors.

I can constantly do this storyline because it's made up as I go, and I create somewhat random battles, and the outcome would change the storyline progression. Sometimes I would rig the match and make the CPU level nine (I can usually face them, but I was acting dramatic which made it more difficult) or make it level three. And every round would be on stamina because that is much better for dramatic scenes, such as a final shot that brings them to zero.

I have loads of free time...

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Get some pals together, put in a mech game, and see if we can do some online synchronized dancing. Doesn't happen often though, if at all these days. (though I've seen it done to perfection)

In Armored Core: For Answer, we'll usually have boxing matches with DOZARs or all blade matches.

klakkat

May 24, 2008
I've played Half-Life: Opposing Force and saw how far I could get using only the knife. I made it almost half way through the game when the extra large enemies came and stomped on me.

Likewise, I often see just how far I can get using only marines/zealots/zerglings in Starcraft. When you out-number the zerg with just zealots, you've got it made...

Not really a change in gameplay, but in City of Heroes I'll sometimes shout random one-liners. None of them good, but no one is listening anyway.

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
For a couple of the recent games I have been messing around.
In the new Red Faction, even though I a way it could keep to the main gameplay, I try to destroy the buildings no matter what the mode is.
Prototype I usually go street fighting against zombies as a civilian I consume, which I guess isn't that creative...
For GtA 4, my friends and I had a couple of things we would do: Hold out a spot against police, helicopter fights, fight the police with knives, if other players are in, go on a hitlist of other players.
One time though, me and my friends got a massive knife fight going in GTA 4, with about 8 people just stabbing eachother.

Fallingwater

Mar 20, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
In FPS games I try to not fire a shot or survive the round without violence.
Team Fortress 2 as a scout is great for this. I managed 3 non violent intel captures in 2Fort once.

Call of Duty 4...not as easy, but it's fun trying.
Heh, I'm exactly the opposite. If the game is stealthy I'll try to be stealthy (i.e. not like the guy from the "How not to play hitman" videos), but I'll always try to kill all enemies in a level if at all possible, and no, I don't care if the game yells at me for that.

Chaossebba

Aug 11, 2008
ive had several arena matches where i went Melee Only heavy with my medic buddy on TF2

I once beat 4 guys to death! yay boxing gloves!

Merteg

May 9, 2009
I can only use knives and grenades in World at War.

It's hilarious when you come in first...

hagaya

Sep 1, 2008
In TF2 my three friends and I make up "the police squad" by crouching as Heavy Weapons Guys with shotguns out. We actually got a few good rounds because there were medics on our team that put up with it. Or we do the same with our fists and it doesn't end so well.

The Inquisitive Mug

Jul 11, 2008
I hit that one point in Oblivion where I hadn't done anything with the main quest but I was able to take down this one Guard barrack with about twelve of them and only use two potions of healing. So I decided to start "InuYaha"ing whole cities (which is when you just enter a town riding a chariot of death and swear words and kill every NPC in the city.) It was going well, and I even managed to kill the king somehow, but there was apparently some doors I couldn't lockpick and 2 or 3 redguards that wouldn't stay dead. Either way, it was effing awesome.

DM.

Mar 27, 2009
While playing TF2, using only the sandman taunt to kill people. I somehow got a cloaked spy with it.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
scnj said:
I dunno if anyone knows this, but when you jumped in the old Grand Theft Auto games, the guy would automatically clear the car. So I would steal cars and park them end to end so their bumpers touched, until I had around 50 of them. Then I'd go to the first, hit jump and watch him magically fly over 50 cars. Or if I parked four of them to form a rectangle, I could jump and turn in mid air, so he'd fly round in circles.

God, I was sad.
I use that in GTA 2 multiplayer matches. It's very good for avoiding people and protecting yourself.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Me and my friend tend to piss around a lot on Tenchu Z. Totally avoiding the whole stealth element of game-play, running around like lunatics, sabotaging each others assassination attempts by throwing shurikens, explosives and dead bodies at each other, making corpse piles outside the target's room, then making a sound so they come to investigate, finding a pile of bodies with a ninja hiding in it.

It's all laughs really.

Also on CoD4 me and my friends play "zombie" on old school mode, where there is one "Zombie" who is only allowed to use the knife, and everyone else is only allowed to run away, so the game relies on the skill of the players running and their knowledge of the maps which is all good. There's never a winner, but whoever gets "infected" first is the zombie next round.

I also invented a game type on CoD4 called Hunting.
There is a team of snipers who all have the same gun and perks, these are the "hunters" the other team consists of "deer" who have extreme conditioning and juggernaut.

The "hunters" sit on one of the lorries on Countdown, and the "deer" have to run around from cover to cover attempting to not get shot, whichever "hunter" gets the most points at the end wins.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
In FPS games I try to not fire a shot or survive the round without violence.
Team Fortress 2 as a scout is great for this. I managed 3 non violent intel captures in 2Fort once.

Call of Duty 4...not as easy, but it's fun trying.
I had great fun using a knife class in CoD4. It wasn't at all effective, but it is pretty hilarious getting 15 knife kills in a game.

Bomb Squad
UAV Jammer
Extreme Conditioning
Shotgun (for faster run speed)
Me and my clan used to do Banzai runs in World at War. Camouflage, bayonets, and the extra speed sprint thing. Run around the map and shout "BANZAI" down the mic when you see an enemy, hope he doesn't see you before it's too late.

Lukeydoodly

Sep 9, 2008
Occasionally I will limit myself to certain weapons just to see if I can adapt.

And from using just the double barrelled shotgun on CoD5 I have concluded that I can.

Mackinator

Apr 21, 2009
Oh yes, we love doing these things. Even the game developers do. For example was it a mini-achievement in CoD : WaW to do a level using only a knife.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
I try to cap the flag in 2Fort only using my melee weapon.
I sticky jump to the enemy fort on 2Fort and try to melee as many enemies as I can before I die.
And in Fallout 3 I try to kill everyone I see, I used to have one save where the Wasteland was all empty.

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
Me and my buddy loved to mess around in co-op Halo 1. Whenever we came across a huge cliff (Halo was littered with them) we'd have suicide contests. We'd jump off at the same time and try to kill eachother before we hit the bottom. We ususally failed.