The Bad Ideas Guy

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
The_Darkness said:
How exactly do you expect me to 'learn and get good at playing it'? If I go up against experienced players, I am guaranteed to die. Usually very quickly. That doesn't get me any experience whatsoever, and I will stay 'not-good'. 'Get good' is not useful advice, thank-you.

This isn't 'casualizing' the game for an 'inexperienced fanbase'. This is providing them with a way to play that doesn't feel like running into a brick wall over and over and over again until your nose bleeds and you give up on playing the game.
the only way to truly improve your skill is to play against somone who is better thank you. Well that or grind for thousands of hours trying every possible button combination imaginable till you get lucky.

If your game feels like your running into a brick wall over and over again, then have you thought that maybe thats not a game for you?

I was going to also talk about aiming improvements but you are getting it for 360, so using a controler already negates any form of "precise aiming" anyway.

capcha: take wrong turns.
yeah, thats how you learn the map.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Strazdas said:
the only way to truly improve your skill is to play against somone who is better thank you. Well that or grind for thousands of hours trying every possible button combination imaginable till you get lucky.
I'd say, the best way is to play with someone close to your skill level, maybe slightly better. If they're much less skilled, you're not learning anything from them. If they're much more skilled, you won't even know which train just ran you down, so you won't learn anything from it.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Vegosiux said:
Strazdas said:
I'd say, the best way is to play with someone close to your skill level, maybe slightly better. If they're much less skilled, you're not learning anything from them. If they're much more skilled, you won't even know which train just ran you down, so you won't learn anything from it.
If taken to extremes this is true. however you will rarely meet pros in random servers. most will be just like you, new guys. Unless your playing an old game, where it depends a lot on community. For example in CS 1.6 you will get slaughtered if your new because anyone that still plays that version are good at it and they hate anyone new. On the other hand when i tried COD4 multiplayer for the first time last year i was welcomed with open arms and even enemy team players gave me some tips in chat how to get better.

However as far as new games go your usually with similar skill level and asking for "noob guns because i such" will only lead you to never getting better to begin with. you cant get good with a sniper rifle if you never use a sniper rifle you know.

t850terminator

Nov 21, 2013
Oh my god. Are people actually trying to justify an auto-aim pistol in a FPS? What next, people trying to reason that microtransactions in fully-paid game is a good thing? Seriously, we let regenerating health run rampant, extreme linearity, QTEs, unfinished games....sigh....