The Big Picture: Next Light

whycantibelinus

Sep 29, 2009
I say fuck all this. Ridiculous. If anyone wants some badass psychotic love triangle action set supernaturally feel free to join me in watching TrueBlood. At least it has ultra violence and tits.

MrWhitekeys

May 21, 2009
I looked up that twist at the end of City of Bones (Mortal Instruments) and as for how mainstream audiences will handle it, I have to point out (POSSIBLE SPOILERS i guess) that star wars did it so its not that big of a stretch.

jad4400

Jun 12, 2008
I was kind of sad when I saw Mortal Instruments, for one moment I though he was talking about the Mortal Engines quartet and I was thinking "Holy shit, a film about moving cities eating each other, its going to be awesome"

I can still dream.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Personally, I'm really looking forward to Warm Bodies. It seems to be that kind of oddly ironic humor that makes it sound like it would work, and so far nothing about it seems too outlandish or silly.

So hey, maybe this'll be good. Hopefully, at least.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
So...Are all Big Pictures from now on gonna be a video version of Intermission?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
"We might be through with this crap, but this crap ain't through with us."

Well......crap. I'd say that about sums it up.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
canadamus_prime said:
Frostbite3789 said:
canadamus_prime said:
DVS BSTrD said:
If at first you do succeed
Twi, Twi, Twi again.
Yep that's Hollywood for you.

Incidentally, that Warm Bodies looks incredibly stupid, at least based on the scene where the zombie "falls" for the girl. Oh god... *facepalm*
It looks stupid in that really corny/cheesy kind of hilarious way.

Like they're going for that it seems, which can either go wildly right or horribly wrong.
I'm thinking horribly wrong, esp considering certain other inevitable scenes... *shiver*
Come on, there's bound to be some excellent rigor mortis jokes in there!

e.wlmo4

Oct 9, 2010
As someone who read all of the Mortal Instruments trilogy for some reason back in high school, i'll probably go see it and pretend that it's in the same universe as Mad Men.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
What about Maximum Ride? Since the series is already done, they don't have to wait much, and it has six books rather than a trilogy. Plus, its actually somewhat decent.

And for the record, The HOst plays out more as Yeerk Propaganda than Body Snatchers sequel.

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
Shame on that Mortal Instruments trailer for using "Sunshine (Adagio in D Minor)" for it's trailer song. You don't deserve that masterpiece.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
I wouldn't be so sure about how good mortal instruments might be.

That Sunshine soundtrack messes with your head.
It's so good it makes other things seem better by association.

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
Grimh said:
I wouldn't be so sure about how good mortal instruments might be.

That Sunshine soundtrack messes with your head.
It's so good it makes other things seem better by association.
I was upset that the song was used in Kick-Ass until I found out the rest of the original score was by the same composer, so the production team was probably just being lazy and asked if they could use his old material.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
-Dragmire- said:
canadamus_prime said:
Frostbite3789 said:
canadamus_prime said:
DVS BSTrD said:
If at first you do succeed
Twi, Twi, Twi again.
Yep that's Hollywood for you.

Incidentally, that Warm Bodies looks incredibly stupid, at least based on the scene where the zombie "falls" for the girl. Oh god... *facepalm*
It looks stupid in that really corny/cheesy kind of hilarious way.

Like they're going for that it seems, which can either go wildly right or horribly wrong.
I'm thinking horribly wrong, esp considering certain other inevitable scenes... *shiver*
Come on, there's bound to be some excellent rigor mortis jokes in there!
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of.

nondescript

Oct 2, 2009
While I don't like much about Twilight (aside from the rifftrax version), and even my wife admits she hates how the movies turned out, I have to admit that blaming Meyers for it being a terrible series/movies is a bit unfair. Are they bad? Obviously I and others think they aren't as good as some make them out. But the fact that someone made the series so popular this whole fiasco began negates the argument that she has zero skill as a writer. If she was bad at it, the first book wouldn't have sold, so the sequels wouldn't have sold, so some producer wouldn't have said "We can capitalize on this!" and Kirsten Stewart would still be the faceless, bland girl you see for 5 seconds in Jumper.

Again, I'm not a Twi-hard, but causality states we suffered this because she was at least passably good, and very lucky.

Ryan Hughes

Jul 10, 2012
Andrew Niccol? Seriously? To be honest, I am a fan of his. Gattica, Truman Show, Sim0ne, and Lord of War were all good films. I actually wrote a paper discussing the role of society and identity within "Gattica, Truman, and Sim0ne," i.e. Fake Humans/Fake World, Real Human/Fake World, Fake Human/Real World, in that order.

Having him attached to anything Meyer is doing is simply mind-boggling.