The Escapist Nicest Member Nominations! (CLOSED please go to voting thread, link in this thread)

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
binnsyboy said:
Freaky Lou said:
binnsyboy said:
Freaky Lou said:
BiscuitTrouser said:
ToastiestZombie said:
BiscuitTrouser said:
ToastiestZombie said:
Redlin5 said:
Colour-Scientist said:
Sassafrass said:
That guy.
Aww...thanks, guys. I really didn't expect to come up in here, being as how I've not been a member very long.
Do you guys want to tell him, or should I?
I figured it out. nvm.
Gets everyone at first. I remember when I first saw it, the thread was quite the opposite. I was relieved, needless to say...
I had something very similar happen on another forum site, where some guy made a post about an "incredibly attractive person" on another site who they'd been following and admiring for a long time, with a link that'd connect to the Facebook account of whoever clicked it. That was one of the best troll posts I've yet seen.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Just Plain Lazy said:
Everyone on my friends list, it's like a pick and choose your own adventure play book, I can't be bothered to list out the names so whoever goes as far as to look at my friends list gets to! :D
You have to pick one mate, it says so in the rules "Don't be too vague". If we did everyones friends list then there would be hundreds of people nominated.

Feb 13, 2008
I vote for anyone else apart from me.

ace_of_something said:
I nominate root_of_all_evil he's very affable.
JesterRaiin said:
If it counts, i vote for Root of all Evil.
He is a decent guy, helpful, witty and with good sense of humor. :)
Trivun said:
But in all seriousness, I would say root_of_all_evil, except he's already been nominated.
therandombear said:
I'm gonna vote on root_of_all_evil.
Danke

Knusper said:
Would have said root_of_all_evil, but he never responded to my game request back when the Frozen Synapse group was still kicking around, so I'll give it to...
Oh heck, I'm really sorry. I didn't get it at all. :( I'll play you next time you're on, just give me a buzz on Steam.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Just Plain Lazy said:
ToastiestZombie said:
Just Plain Lazy said:
Everyone on my friends list, it's like a pick and choose your own adventure play book, I can't be bothered to list out the names so whoever goes as far as to look at my friends list gets to! :D
You have to pick one mate, it says so in the rules "Don't be too vague". If we did everyones friends list then there would be hundreds of people nominated.
N'awwwww but I'm busy downloading really cheap Steam games! >.<
So I'm pretty much clicking about as the number slowly goes up so yeah I'll pick some people might help kill a little time. XD
I vote:
mParadox
Xmbts
Best of the 3

(S'too hard to just pick one! D:)
That's fine. I will put those two on, two is the maximum amount of people you can nominate.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Redlin5 said:
Aylaine is my nominee but I do foresee this turning into a bit of a flamewar.

Aylaine was the nicest person I've ever encountered on the entire internet. She was kind, smart, open about herself. She was likely one of the people who pushed for the creation of the advice forum, became a fair mod and left the site with dignity.

On a more personal level she helped me deal with various stressful times during my first two years here and was always a shoulder to lean on. She moved on due to the demands of her changing life but my thoughts are with her whenever the topic of nice people here arises.

She may no longer be active on the site itself but her legacy shouldn't be forgotten.
That was my instant thought. Still here or not Aylaine was nice on what can only be considered a supernatural level. When she said her occupation was "sunshine" you believed it.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Redlin. He's a good guy. Out of that list so far, I know most of them, never really saw them reach out to anyone in anyway.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Thank you. Thank you all for voting for me and even for nominating me in the first place.

I have never come to expect to receive such a great honour, but thanks to this amazing community you have all voted me for the nicest person to ever visit these forums. I can assure you that I will keep on the good work.

Thanks lads! And a happy new year to you all.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
This is hard.. Oh man.

SO many people I am thankful for, quite a few that deserve this award without 2nd thoughts.
Would name them all, but the rules state I can only nominate one person.. Mm.. Well, honestly I have to nominate..

[user]DigitalSushi[/user]

Let me tell you why...
Even though there are a lot of people I really have the urge to call out and nominate them for such generosity, kindness, and being really noble at heart- I have to nominate DigitalSushi. Because I know somewhat of his history and he fought corruption head on.

He used to Moderate other websites. Even for big companies, he would moderate with good intentions. However, there were the abusive/unfair Mods that would ban people just due to them questioning something. So despite being paid, DigitalSushi left and one day become a Mod here. He doesn't get paid, but Mods because of his free will.

The guy is truly awesome, always lending advise to others and never going out of his way punishing people. Instead, he talks to them and trying to push them in the right direction. Did you know that he even rejected the Ban Hammer Badge because he did not want to represent power? I highly respect him, thus he has guided me a lot of times when I fell down on my face (as in messed up on here.) He could of given me warnings, punished me, even scolded me.. but instead he befriended me and supported me with motivation to stay positive. I can't thank him enough, and not once has anyone I known complained about him. So nicest award without a doubt goes to him.

"What is better? To be born good, or to overcome your evil nature to do better?" - Paarthurnax
Really? I thought he worked for the site, he's assisted me a couple of times as well and it kind of shines a new light on him that he did it because he was a stand up guy rather than just job responsibility.

I nominate DigitalSushi as well.

...He used to be ColdStorage right?

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Whateveralot said:
Thank you. Thank you all for voting for me and even for nominating me in the first place.

I have never come to expect to receive such a great honour, but thanks to this amazing community you have all voted me for the nicest person to ever visit these forums. I can assure you that I will keep on the good work.

Thanks lads! And a happy new year to you all.
Did you click on the That guy button, because that button symobolizes everyone.

Dec 14, 2009
trollnystan added clouds to my awesome avatar, so she gets my vote.

I'd be willing to change my vote if someone was willing to bribe me prove that they're nicer.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
rollerfox88 said:
My nomination is for Jack and Calumon - even though theyre strange, they are always polite and respectful.

I would like to ask though, how many people that nominated themselves have a clean health meter? Indicative of not-niceness, nest pas?
We aren't accepting self nominations. But this is all user chosen. If a user chooses someone close to a ban I will still accept them.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
BiscuitTrouser said:
This guy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view]

I dunno why but everything he says is always really clearly written, respectfull and all around a good content post. I wish more people on the escapist would adopt this attitude. If i met this user in real life id give them a pat on the back. Well done btw, thanks for being you.

Reversal.
Me? Really?! Or am I seeing things?