The Escapist Presents: Five Things You Shouldn't Do in Mass Effect 2

Apackof12Ninjas

Oct 12, 2009
This has got to be one of the most unfunny things Ive ever seen the escapist sponsor.

How about this TOP 5 things not to do on The escapist.

All 5 being STOP MAKING VIDEOS YOUR NOT FUNNY.

That said Im quite shocked "Having sex with Samaras daughter resulting in DEATH...." didnt make this sad list.

Armanox15

Nov 9, 2009
I have to feed the fish... well... not that i really care about them... but I'm still sad :(

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
HT_Black said:
Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not), but wasn't there a renegade option where you headbutted a Krogan chief?
Yeah, that was fun. I'm playing Paragon pretty much exclusively at the moment, but I just couldn't resist doing that even though it's a Renegade action. It just felt right.

I've used melee on the odd varren (primarily in Grunt's loyalty mission), but that's about it. I guess my Shep just prefers ranged combat.

And yes, my fish keep dying. It makes me sad.

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
Distorted Stu said:
I feed my fish regually :)
They should have made an achievement for that or include the fishes in the "keep your whole team alive" achievement :-D

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
My question is: Why doesn't the frickin' space hamster starve? You don't feed it yet it's a live and kicking all through to the end.

What the hell is that thing living on?
It's a space hamster... It lives on space, and plus what would you have die, a space hamster, or fish. CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE NOW!

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
Aardvark said:
The Cain is the only gun since Doom that gave me that warm, fuzzy, giggly, "I just fuckslapped the fuck out of that fuck" that the BFG gave me. Some have come close, but none have matched it.
You sir.... you sir have given me a new word.

Fuckslap.

I...love you man.

-JB

Tolerant Fanboy

Aug 5, 2009
Wait, if you're completely out of any and all fuel, how exactly are you powering that superluminal propulsion system? Do you throw your fish into the reactor or what?

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Considering how well Bioware handles some of their little details, I was actually expecting something more climatic happening if you ran out of fuel with no minerals. Imagine a short mission playing out where you had to fight off Batarian slavers who find your ship adrift.

Your fish dying was also a incredibly weird moment too. I took me back to being a little kid who forget to feed your pet. It was very much a "oh yeah I have to feed those to keep them alive", but what made it weird was that you didn't need to do any other remedial tasks other then airing out your enemies heads.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Hahaha, totally agree on the fish. The space hamster doesn't die, neither should the fish. Especially considering how sad the tank looks empty.

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
I've done two of those things, which I don't know what that says.
I've meleed multiple Krogan's to death, and I got to watch the equivalent of a slow motion trainwreck when I pressed the dance button...
In other news, this video was the first I have ever heard of having fuel, which I guess is good. Better now then when I start needing fuel. (I got it two days ago, and haven't played too much)

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
Alex_P said:
ravensshade said:
Because they explode when you punch them to death.

-- Alex
yeah but they don't kill you unless your low on health...
that's why you go invis :p (or that's what i did... but i just liked punching stuff)

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Slycne said:
Furioso said:
lockeslylcrit said:
Casual Shinji said:
My question is: Why doesn't the frickin' space hamster starve? You don't feed it yet it's a live and kicking all through to the end.

What the hell is that thing living on?
Bioware wants to preserve the spirit and memory of Boo, I would guess.
Pardon my stupidity, but who/what is Boo?
It's a reference to Baldur's Gate. There was a character who had a pet hamster named Boo. He claimed that Boo was a "miniature giant space hamster", which is another reference back to the AD&D campaign Spelljammer.
Curse you Slycne! Now I will accedentally call the space hamster Boo even though I named him Wilbur D:

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
Ok everybody! It's time to do THE SHEPARD! Just shuffle from side to side in awkward and embarrassing fashion! It's so cool and everyone in the club will take notice of your sexy dance moves!

Seriously, I know the dancing isn't integral to the game, but they could at least give Shepard some better moves in the sequel.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Jeronus said:
Ok everybody! It's time to do THE SHEPARD! Just shuffle from side to side in awkward and embarrassing fashion! It's so cool and everyone in the club will take notice of your sexy dance moves!

Seriously, I know the dancing isn't integral to the game, but they could at least give Shepard some better moves in the sequel.
Or at least change from his combat armor and weapons to his casual clothes. I think 1/2 of what makes it so awkward is the outfit.

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
I forgot to feed my fish >.< made me sad when I remembered them and had to clean em out. i wonder what happens if you run out of fuel, minerals, and can't afford to buy more gas....hmmm