NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Revnak said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
MarsAtlas said:
1) Bigotry still exists and effects people day-in and day-out

and

2) Institutionalized bigotry of the past (and the present) have effects long past their expiration because it affects the development of generations to come

Neither of those are, or rather, should be, inflammatory things to say. In fact, most findings of developmental psychology support the second statement quite strongly.
and you are responding to that acting in the exact same way? it dies off on its own, trust me,
WHEN?

I don't think that this has ever happened. Not that I'm aware at least. So why should I just trust you?

I mean, maybe for a single person, in their individual life, it may appear as such, but macro level sociological issues don't just go away. They do not "die off on [their] own." There is always a huge fuss raised, or some huge economic change to motivate it all. Change doesn't just happen. You make it happen. Maybe there are limits as to what is and isn't the right way to make it all happen, but it won't just happen on it's own.
because it happened in my country, i havent experience first hand in my entire life in here, i dont know what it is to discriminate someone based on the color of their skin, over here abso-fuckin'-lutely nobody cares, thats all it takes, giving everyone equal rights and stop caring

dont get me wrong, if someone gets assaulted for the color of their skin, sure condemn those actions, but stop talking in terms like "priviledge" and "CISscum", etc, you are drawing lines on the sand and simply make things worse

i cant promise you its going to happen soon, hell you might not even live to see it, buts its the only real equality that exists in my opinion, seeing people, as people, not as races
Thats is the most ridiculous thing i have read. Sorry but america is far from biggotry free. There are protests against homosexuality by religious fanatics, there are hate crimes against people from middle east, trans people are ridicule by media, the muslims are send concentration camp in cuba from their homes countries without evidence or charges united states of america is far from Utopia
"dont get me wrong, if someone gets assaulted for the color of their skin, sure condemn those actions"

my point is, dont antagonize other races, dont talk about "priviledges" and stuff like that that only alineate people, treat everyone as if they were from the same race, i never said you should condemn crimes based on race

intolerance is something that will eventually disappear almost completely from society, its human nature, the more we understand each other, the less we hate each other, dont put barriers that limit understanding and dont judge people for stuff they have no control over, like their race, gender or sexual orientation. a homosexual female asian deserves the same level of respect than a straight white male and vice versa
Not in our lifetime it won't if we don't fight against biggotry do you really think that race segregation against blacks would have stopped if people would have not fought? Or do you think that women could own the lot without feminist movement? These things won't go away by waiting them magically go away it just doesn't work like that. Biggots teach their kids their biggoted ways and those kids teach their kids what they tought from their parents its endless cycle that only stops by fighting it. Praying, and wishing up the stars doesn't work

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Revnak said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
MarsAtlas said:

and

2) Institutionalized bigotry of the past (and the present) have effects long past their expiration because it affects the development of generations to come

Neither of those are, or rather, should be, inflammatory things to say. In fact, most findings of developmental psychology support the second statement quite strongly.
and you are responding to that acting in the exact same way? it dies off on its own, trust me,
WHEN?

I don't think that this has ever happened. Not that I'm aware at least. So why should I just trust you?

I mean, maybe for a single person, in their individual life, it may appear as such, but macro level sociological issues don't just go away. They do not "die off on [their] own." There is always a huge fuss raised, or some huge economic change to motivate it all. Change doesn't just happen. You make it happen. Maybe there are limits as to what is and isn't the right way to make it all happen, but it won't just happen on it's own.
because it happened in my country, i havent experience first hand in my entire life in here, i dont know what it is to discriminate someone based on the color of their skin, over here abso-fuckin'-lutely nobody cares, thats all it takes, giving everyone equal rights and stop caring

dont get me wrong, if someone gets assaulted for the color of their skin, sure condemn those actions, but stop talking in terms like "priviledge" and "CISscum", etc, you are drawing lines on the sand and simply make things worse

i cant promise you its going to happen soon, hell you might not even live to see it, buts its the only real equality that exists in my opinion, seeing people, as people, not as races
Thats is the most ridiculous thing i have read. Sorry but america is far from biggotry free. There are protests against homosexuality by religious fanatics, there are hate crimes against people from middle east, trans people are ridicule by media, the muslims are send concentration camp in cuba from their homes countries without evidence or charges united states of america is far from Utopia
"dont get me wrong, if someone gets assaulted for the color of their skin, sure condemn those actions"

my point is, dont antagonize other races, dont talk about "priviledges" and stuff like that that only alineate people, treat everyone as if they were from the same race, i never said you should condemn crimes based on race

intolerance is something that will eventually disappear almost completely from society, its human nature, the more we understand each other, the less we hate each other, dont put barriers that limit understanding and dont judge people for stuff they have no control over, like their race, gender or sexual orientation. a homosexual female asian deserves the same level of respect than a straight white male and vice versa
Not in our lifetime it won't if we don't fight against biggotry do you really think that race segregation against blacks would have stopped if people would have not fought? Or do you think that women could own the lot without feminist movement? These things won't go away by waiting them magically go away it just doesn't work like that. Biggots teach their kids their biggoted ways and those kids teach their kids what they tought from their parents its endless cycle that only stops by fighting it. Praying, and wishing up the stars doesn't work
you are not going to stop intolerance with intolerance, or discrimination with discrimination, forget it

if your idea of making race a non-issue is giving it more undeserving important you are shooting yourself in the foot

also id like to add that praying and wishing upon stars does work, my country is the clear example of that, we had slavery like any colony but nowadays i dont think ive seen a single crime commited based only on the race of the victim, nobody gives a shit about race over here

the difference between the movement for equality of the past and the movements for equality of today is that before, it was a matter of earning back rights for the minorities, nowadays it seems to be about making white straight male feel bad about themselves either directly or indirectly

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
MarsAtlas said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
That. Doesn't. Work. Doing so is to essentially pretend that racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, etc don't exist or have any influence. Prejudice doesn't go away when going unchallenged, it spreads. Here's just one of many studies that show that the "I don't see 'x'" approach doesn't work.

http://www.timwise.org/2010/09/new-study-colorblindness-reduces-kids-ability-to-see-challenge-racism/

Pretending that the building isn't on fire doesn't put out the fire.

intolerance is something that will eventually disappear almost completely from society,
It will only "eventually" die off if we don't pretend that it doesn't exist.

dont put barriers that limit understanding and dont judge people for stuff they have no control over, like their race, gender or sexual orientation. a homosexual female asian deserves the same level of respect than a straight white male and vice versa
Who is putting up barriers? Who is saying that anybody is any more or less human because of their sexual orientation?
again, i present you the living example that is my country

when you say the opinion of someone isnt valid because they are straight white male, you are putting barriers

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/826/169/f25.png

thundra

Aug 19, 2014
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Revnak said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
MarsAtlas said:

and

WHEN?

you are not going to stop intolerance with intolerance, or discrimination with discrimination, forget it

if your idea of making race a non-issue is giving it more undeserving important you are shooting yourself in the foot

also id like to add that praying and wishing upon stars does work, my country is the clear example of that, we had slavery like any colony but nowadays i dont think ive seen a single crime commited based only on the race of the victim, nobody gives a shit about race over here

the difference between the movement for equality of the past and the movements for equality of today is that before, it was a matter of earning back rights for the minorities, nowadays it seems to be about making white straight male feel bad about themselves either directly or indirectly
You are so UGH!!!
i give up if you really think ignoring the problem makes it go away go ahead bury your head in sand, i'm not gonna waste my time with you anymore.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Rocket Girl said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Please provide examples to demonstrate this point - preferably in the form of quotes and references.
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/825/680/f88.png

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/825/674/bb0.png

and this

http://gamergateharrassment.tumblr.com/

really this whole gamergate debacle is full of the stuff, either white males being insulted

or minorities being insulted for saying not everyone agaisnt corrupt game journalism is a white straight male

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/825/907/0ec.png

and you think this happened overnight? no, its the narrative that was build around white straight males, you cannot combat discrimination with discrimination, you have to break the cycle and just stop caring about someones race

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Revnak said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
MarsAtlas said:

and

WHEN?

You are so UGH!!!
i give up if you really think ignoring the problem makes it go away go ahead bury your head in sand, i'm not gonna waste my time with you anymore.
are you implying the race of a person is a problem? because thats the only think im asking you to ignore

i have said many times, condemn hate and intolerance, but stop making the race of someone such a big deal

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Revnak said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
MarsAtlas said:

and

WHEN?

You are so UGH!!!
are you implying the race of a person is a problem? because thats the only think im asking you to ignore

i have said many times, condemn hate and intolerance, but stop making the race of someone such a big deal
That is not what I'm implying and you know it.
well that IS the only thing im asking you to ignore, i never said you should ignore hate crimes, i actually said the opposite

thundra

Aug 19, 2014
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Revnak said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
MarsAtlas said:

and

WHEN?

You are so UGH!!!

well that IS the only thing im asking you to ignore, i never said you should ignore hate crimes, i actually said the opposite
Yes you are you are saying if we ignore biggotry it goes away by magic. Here is little hint it doesn't

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Rocket Girl said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Rocket Girl said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Please provide examples to demonstrate this point - preferably in the form of quotes and references.

and this

really this whole gamergate debacle is full of the stuff, either white males being insulted

or minorities being insulted for saying not everyone agaisnt corrupt game journalism is a white straight male

and you think this happened overnight? no, its the narrative that was build around white straight males, you cannot combat discrimination with discrimination, you have to break the cycle and just stop caring about someones race
Wait, you are arguing white men are discriminated against, but one of your examples contains two white men arguing and regarding the latter of the three images, you discuss minorities being discriminated against? How do you hold it true that both the white majority and non-white minorities are discriminated against? Who has the upper hand if both parties are set back?

What exactly is your argument?
id really like to know what this people think as well, most people insulting white people seem to be white as well, atleast as far as gamergate goes

and when you are a minority and dont site with these people, well they discriminate you too

and id be inclined to say that no party has the upper hand, which makes these movement even dumber

my argument is, discriminating someone for being white/male/straight, is no better than discriminating someone for being black/female/homosexual

hate is hate

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Revnak said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
MarsAtlas said:

and

WHEN?

You are so UGH!!!

Yes you are you are saying if we ignore biggotry it goes away by magic. Here is little hint it doesn't
so race=biggotry?

for the 3rd time, ignore R-A-C-E, dont ignore hate, is it that hard to understand?

hell thats one of the reasons why you can make a racism joke over here and noone really cares, because they ignore any weight the race of someone can have and are aware you dont hate

thundra

Aug 19, 2014
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Revnak said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
MarsAtlas said:

and

WHEN?

You are so UGH!!!

so race=biggotry?

for the 3rd time, ignore R-A-C-E, dont ignore hate, is it that hard to understand?
Thats not what i said at all and you fucking know it

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Rocket Girl said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Rocket Girl said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Rocket Girl said:
NuclearKangaroo said:

and this

Wait, you are arguing white men are discriminated against, but one of your examples contains two white men arguing and regarding the latter of the three images, you discuss minorities being discriminated against? How do you hold it true that both the white majority and non-white minorities are discriminated against? Who has the upper hand if both parties are set back?

What exactly is your argument?
id really like to know what this people think as well, most people insulting white people seem to be white as well, atleast as far as gamergate goes

and when you are a minority and dont site with these people, well they discriminate you too

and id be inclined to say that no party has the upper hand, which makes these movement even dumber

my argument is, discriminating someone for being white/male/straight, is no better than discriminating someone for being black/female/homosexual

hate is hate
Your argument makes no sense. You say that various groups are suffering, but that no one is on top. How can equal groups discriminate effectively if they are, by definition, matched? Your argument amounts to saying 1:2 is less than 2:4.
hate is not a zero sum equation

thats why i never argued this movement aims to opress white people, i honestly believe thats not the case, what i do feel is that it is misguided, and it only serves to give race more undeserving importance

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
thundra said:
Thats not what i said at all and you fucking know it
no, i honestly dont know it, because i keep talking about race and you keep talking about biggotry as if both terms were inseparable