The first game you hated.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Lead and Gold-Gangs of the Wild West

Got it for free in a contest, doesn't make it any better. It was completely unplayable. I couldn't connect to a single server! And, this is a multiplayer game. Also, damn glitchy, your arm could go through your neck, and shoot someone behind you.

FuzzyRaccoon

Sep 4, 2010
I hated Dreamfall. The first game I ever bought. I'd probably think it was okay now, but I was like twelve when it came out, and I really wasn't mentally prepared to be playing a game like that at that time.
:/

Everything before that I either liked, or didn't mind all that much. I'm pretty sure my favorite game was "You Don't Know Jack", a trivia computer game.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Jason and the Argonauts, OH MY FUCKING GOD do I hate that game I picked it up on a bored whim £15 out of a bargain bucket but that's £15 I wish I had today. Install > Obvious console port FUUU > X-Box Buttons display FUUUUUUUU > Fucking terrible camera/movement cotnrols FUUUUUUUUUUUU > Plug in 360 controller to PC oh all the controls are backwards... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
My first computer was a Commodore 64 and we used to buy games with our pocket money for two or three pounds. They were nice and cheap, but the quality was very hit and miss. One of the worst I remember was called Shadowfax (probably not licensed) and was literally nothing more than running left and shooting an endless randomised horde of riders coming the other way. It was shit. The quality would be completely unacceptable for a web game.

Super Six One

Apr 23, 2009
Unreal Tournament 3 for the PS3

I played it hour 2 hours hoping i would understand what the fuck i was supposed to do but i gave up in the end. Been gathering dust for years.

FuzzyRaccoon

Sep 4, 2010
Songbird-O said:
There's only one game I really hate, and that's Eternal Sonata. Everything about that game is terribly written and executed, pretentious, preachy, condescending, and against everything I hold dear. I get angry just thinking about it, and I don't get angry easily.

Everything else is annoying. But this... This game... It just has to die...
OH MY GOD. YES. This game was one I disliked. But that was YEARS after the first game I hated.

Agent Cross

Died And Got Better
Jan 3, 2011
PhoenixFlame said:
Hate is a pretty strong word. I don't particularly hate any one game even if it's bad, but I have disliked quite a few of them.

The first one I probably disliked because I never finished it due to its difficulty was Battletoads, though.
I really couldn't think off a game I hated... Like you said, it's a strong word. But I'm pretty sure I hated the hell out of this game when I was a kid. I would make it down that damn whole only to die! Over & over & over & over... you know where I'm going with this. I would still like to give it a try again, just for peace of mind (to know that I couldn't have sucked that bad).

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
I actually played E.T on an atari that my friend got a garage sale when I was ten.
I hated it because I had no clue how to play it and then I played it again when I was sixteen. I got how it worked but still did not like it.

Zay-el

Apr 4, 2011
Super Six One said:
Unreal Tournament 3 for the PS3

I played it hour 2 hours hoping i would understand what the fuck i was supposed to do but i gave up in the end. Been gathering dust for years.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this sounds kinda weird. Last time I checked, UT3 wasn't exactly reliant on any adventure game logic levels. o_O

As for me, one game I intensely disliked was Blacksite: Area 51. I really wanted to like that game, but a lot of it just felt hastily bolted together, from enemies, to weapons and such. That and the fact that it was a mess of coded like a nightmare and kept crashing constantly.

Victor Cross

Feb 25, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
Far Cry 2, because it had so much potential to be good but the devs decided to make Map Reading While Driving: The Game out of it
Ditto...seriously...

Cekil1

Aug 22, 2008
The first game I remember hating was Double Dragon 3 for the NES. The difficulty on that game is STILL unnecessarily hard.

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
Street Fighter 2, only because I grew up thinking you couldnt like 2 rival games and I was "pro" Mortal Kombat.

Same with me being pro Sonic and "anti" Mario. Now I love both MK and Street Fighter, and hate both Sonic and Mario.

SpaceGnome

Apr 23, 2009
I have never really hated a game, they all have had some redeeming quality it could be that one line of dialog that hits me emotionally or makes me laugh every time no matter what, but the game that has come closest was Spyro:Enter the Dragonfly simply because, how dare you, how very dare you, what you made it in to -_- angry eyes