The game you tried to get into, but just couldn't.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Final Fantasy XII, definitely. 100% certain. I tried and tried to get into it. I was playing and watching all those cut scenes but nothing was going in.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
TheTygerfire said:
Far Cry 2 is a recent example. I tried to love that game, I really did, but I had to sit through the first few missions over and over again (due to playing on different 360s) and I got tired of seeing the same things over and over. Plus the travel is notoriously boring. Then I heard the game was broken and a glitch caused the entire main story to stop dead, so I said "fuck it" and haven't touched it since last year.

Just yesterday though I popped it in and I'm enjoying it again, mostly due to the news about a patch that fixed the story mode glitch. Dying from walking off a small hill made me rage though...
Ha this game is currently failing to impress me me with its ability to bore me to sleep. I even started a thread asking if it got any better later on...

Apparently it doesn't.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for this but...

Psychonauts.

I tried, I really did.

I can't even articulate what it was that I didn't like about it...

It just couldn't inspire me to keep going, even after the crazy rubix cube level.

I found the dialogue boring... the jokes were a bit limp... it all felt a little like it was trying too hard to be clever.

Some of the level design was very inspired though, it was certainly a visual treat.

Ontoue

May 13, 2009
Red Faction:Guerrilla. I was a HUGE fanboy for it ever since I heard of it... up until I played it... the destruction was nice, but the rest of it was just so... boring.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Star ocean 4. Not a bad game, I still play it but the story and voice acting makes me cringe. I still plan to beat it at least once though.

Draco Kaiser

Mar 20, 2009
Chaos Legion. It was so retarded, but I tried to play it to get into a good phase. The attacks were crap, the monster not that good. I just quit after Stage 9.

dukethepcdr

May 9, 2008
My coworkers told me how great Dead Space was so I was psyched about borrowing it from one of them a while ago. As soon as I got totally stuck trying to get that stupid door with the two claw-things that shoot out to grab it, I gave up and gave him the game back. He tried to explain to me how to fix the second claw-thing so the door would open but I can't seem to do it at the right split second to make it work. I hate games like that.

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
Originally, I couldn't get into Steambot Chronicles for the life of me. It took the fact that you could extort orphanages to win me over.

Sadly, recently I tried to pick up on the original Fallout; it was in vain. =[

notsosavagemessiah

Jul 23, 2009
WORLD OF WARCRAFT. What is so goddamned great about this game? I don't get it. The graphics are terrible, the gameplay is droll, and it's an rpg that's impossible to play by yourself successfully. In my opinion, that sucks, if i'm playing an RPG, a typically single player affair, i don't want my immersion ruined by some 12 year old screaming about how badly i suck. I also didn't get into Oblivion initially, but i recently gave it another go, and while i thought it was a great game, it's certainly not what people made it out to be.

Limitless

Jul 30, 2009
Digital Devil Saga, Wild Arms 3 and Persona 3. i've played them for a few hours each but something about it kept bothering me till i started thinking its a chore to continue... it bothered me since the beginning but there was a hope that it might stop if i get a little bit further.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Giants: Citizen Kabuto, my friend loves that game for some reason, he tried to get me to play and we ended up not talking at all for like a week because I told him I wouldn't play it. I had tried the demo a long time ago and never really got into it. He finally got me to try it and still the same result, the game just didn't do it for me.

Akai Shizuku

Jul 24, 2009
Almost every MMO I've played, including WoW.

Only exceptions to this rule are Endless Online and RuneScape. I only like MMOs with a solid sense of freedom.

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
manicfoot said:
Mezzamine said:
For me, Oblivion. Tried and tried, but every time I just get bored and start a different game. Hoping Fallout 3 will be different though.
Wasn't different for me. I found it hard to get into Oblivion as well. My friend highly recommended Fallout 3 to me, so I bought it off steam when it was really cheap. I've spent 3 hours trying to get into it. It isn't a good sign when you literally have to force yourself to play something :p
Agreed.

OT:I couldnt help not caring who I had to save. The world of Fallout 3 seems in no way shape or form to be in any immediate danger. I actually bought Oblivion AFTER i played through Fallout 3 a few times. I cant get into that either. I dont know why, but neither of them appeal to me. My uncle loves oblivion and has about 500 hours logged between 3 characters.

8bithero

Mar 23, 2009
DDO: I REALLY wanted to like this game. I played 1st and 2nd edition, and this game was not either. 3.0 and beyond are for the Magic the gathering crowd. Played it for 2 months, got to level cap, then it was grindgrindgrindgrind ad naseum. The community there is snobby and whiny, as well. Read the forums. And robots? ROBOTS!?!

Any Halo: If I wanted to listen to "thug" teens screaming insults, I'd hang out near the Junior High.

COD WaW: I loved COD, until this installment.

WOW: Mostly because of the people I know that play WOW talking about it NONSTOP forever and ever and you need to join my guild and we can raid and I can give you blah blah blah. It's like a cult.

Most console games: To expensive. Can't Mod. Stuck with factory settings until they release the next system that will cost you another $800 in 2 years. I'll take my fully upgradable on the cheap PC, thank you very much.

Seriously...robots?