The game you tried to get into, but just couldn't.

Chilliman

Mar 7, 2009
stu_thomo said:
final fantasy 12

iv only play 7 and 10 and compared to them 12 doesn't really suck you in with an intense plot line and combat, it just drags on so i gave up after 2 hours.
Trust me, no one likes that game *Raises his defenses*

321LetsJam

Aug 9, 2009
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.

Though it's more of a statement of how much I suck at strategy games than any fault of the game itself.

Darkblaven

Apr 16, 2009
Any racing game... its just so..... stupid, LET RACE ON THIS DANGEROUS CANYON! (Cookie for the first to say what game that is.)

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
Oblivion once again. Maybe playing as a warrior is boring, I don't know. This is weird, because fallout 3 is by far my favourite game of all time.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I couldn't get into Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, as it was depressingly boring and archaic. I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't get into it.

draxious

Jun 14, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
The Halo series.

I know, surprising. But all my friends loved it to death, so I figured, "What the fuck, I might as well try to like it, right?"

I could not.
It was awful.

Playing multiplayer was only slightly fun because we got to yell creative insults at eachother.
Also did you know those controllers were fucking heavy?
'Cause getting hit with one hurt.
A lot.
i agree halo just had a horrible story line this forum is really about immertion or however it's spelled either way halo didnt really do it titles that did do it are as folowed World in Conflict, Call of Duty(all of them), Men of War(but tis hard to get over the voice acting), and Grand Theft Auto IV. please quote this message if you would like to add to that list.

doomngloom

Aug 8, 2009
Final Fantasy VII for me. I like some of the other entries in the series, but I haven't ever been able to get into this one. And I've tried, really I have. But I just lose interest early on each time, around the point your player has to find items he can wear to make him look like a whore. Ain't exactly Metal Gear Solid, is it?

sokka14

Mar 4, 2009
oblivion, red steel, all fifa games after '99, gta 4, spore (ok i'll admit i got to the space stage, but it took me like 2 hours! got bored very quickly after that), occarina of time, gun, just about any sonic game... the list goes on.

General Ken8

May 18, 2009
Fallout 3 is a good answer for me
and Assassin's Creed
i do try, but fallout gives me too many choices and i just can't get into assassin's creed

Nateman742

Jul 21, 2009
Crysis. I must have played it for ten minutes and turned it off. I just didn't make it past the beach scene. It felt very average gameplay-wise.

Disgaea 3. The script in Disgaea was witty and hilarious, the second game's less so, and the third just made me want to vomit. If I want to play a game with a terrible story I'll set up my own D&D functions and be the dungeon master. I'd like to see what happens with the battle system, but I just can't wade through absurd nonsense when it's not entertaining.

Any isometric exploration-RPG like the Fallout games and Baldur's Gate. I think it's the fact that I have to click to walk that takes me out of the experience, or maybe that I'm usually faced to juggle a six or seven-person party. Ugh.

Point-and-click strategy games, unless I've got infinite resources. I had a stint with Warcraft II back in the day but other than that it all seemed the same. I couldn't play Starcraft without cheating to save my life, but that game goes down in my all-time favorites for having such a robust editor, and allowing those of us interested in Blizzard's idea of a good time to make our own fun. Matrix maps, tower defense, and Zombie Apocalypse FTW.

doomngloom said:
Final Fantasy VII for me. I like some of the other entries in the series, but I haven't ever been able to get into this one. And I've tried, really I have. But I just lose interest early on each time, around the point your player has to find items he can wear to make him look like a whore. Ain't exactly Metal Gear Solid, is it?
To be honest I wasn't a fan of any of the game's odd side diversions. It gets really cool later on, though, when you get to actually play with the battle system.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Killzone 2, it was hyped and told to be so good and great but yet, I was left struggling to play. Not struggling as in playing the game and dying, struggling to keep myself playing. I have so many complains I'm not even going to list them, short story is, I didn't like it.

BoxCutter

Jul 3, 2009
TheTygerfire said:
Far Cry 2 is a recent example.
I agree with OP so hard. I wanted to enjoy Far Cry 2 so much, it was a beautiful game and the weapon mechanics were great. But I could never enjoy the game, I don't know if it was driving to all the missions or just the shallowness of the entire game. I just didn't enjoy it at all.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. When my friend lent it to me and enthusiastically insisted I try, I decided I would give it the old college try and I did. At first I did have a little fun avoiding guards by hiding in a cardboard box, but then I got to the bald dude in the tank and after getting run over several times I said "Fuck it!" and haven't looked at it again since.