The game you tried to get into, but just couldn't.

Rawker

Jun 24, 2009
Armored Prayer said:
Left 4 Dead. *awaits angery vale fan*

Thought it was neat, but the novelty quickly weared off and it got boring.
Agreed, its a good game to rent, but gets old to own.

trombone2007

Aug 14, 2008
I could never get into the Personae series. I know that most RPGs (especially those from Japan) are pretty slow throughout the beginning, but I just can't get into that genre very easily.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
Call of Duty 4. *Pulls up Flameshield*

I borrowed it froma friend, but never really got into it.

SnowCold

Oct 1, 2008
Gmod, it's fucking imposiable to pose anything there, let alone make something other than shitty Gmod comics.

eklypse69

Aug 11, 2009
TheTygerfire said:
Far Cry 2 is a recent example. I tried to love that game, I really did, but I had to sit through the first few missions over and over again (due to playing on different 360s) and I got tired of seeing the same things over and over. Plus the travel is notoriously boring. Then I heard the game was broken and a glitch caused the entire main story to stop dead, so I said "fuck it" and haven't touched it since last year.
I totally agree on Far Cry 2. The game was just unimpressive to me. It felt like the controls and in game workings were old and wonky compared to the newer flashy games like CoD Modern Warfare and Killzone 2, which strikes me as wierd, since it's a next gen game that was released around the same time.

Another game that just never did it for me (even though it recieved LOADS of hype and killer reviews) was Metal Gear Solid 4. If I'm going to play a game, I want to PLAY the game, not watch 4 minute cut scenes after every 3 minutes of game play. Plus it was nearly impossible to do anything except run and hide the whole damn time. BORING.

Another one was Assassin's Creed. Maybe I'm just not inclined to like games where I have to sneak around as a frail pu$$y who will die with one hit until I reach my goal. Those games (like the afore mentioned MGS series and Assassin's Creed) just bore me. I'm all about other games in this genre, but those 2 made it impossible for me to love.

I missed the Halo boat completely, and am now trying to make up for lost time. Not so impressed with Halo 1 thus far. I'm hoping it has more to do with the age of the first game and not the lacklustre allure it's posed thus far.

Oh, and any Sims game. If I want to live life, I'll go outside.

Cilliandrew

Jul 10, 2009
I'm finding that, as i get older, i run into more and more games where i have this issue.

"Oblivion" was one that i did the initial bit where you escape the dungeon, and i looked around outside, and then i logged out and went to play WoW.

I did finally decide to give "Fallout 3" a chance.. And did find it a bit more interesting then Oblivion. I'll probably play that one some more.

Every GTA game since "Vice City".. I think i've just outgrown them. They used to be awesome, but "San Andreas" and GTA4 i've regretted blowing the money on. I think i've played them BOTH for a combined less-then 3 hours..

I sometimes wonder how much my discovery of "WoW" affects this issue. When i bought the 1.99 trial, i remember the guy at EB telling me that once i started playing that, it would be the ONLY thing i'd want to play... And i think he's right.

Aside from the Advanced Wars series on the DS, i really don't devote much time to any game not called "WoW" anymore..

skcseth

May 25, 2009
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
It took too long to get started, all the enemies you first encounter are about 20 levels higher than you seemingly, and it kept freezing my 360. Yea.. Just couldn't do it.

Grayl

Jun 9, 2009
The Total War series, Bioshock, Civ 4, any turn-based game actually. EVE Online, aswell.

Oh, and Company of Heroes. I know the game is great, but I just can't get into it.

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
The Halo series.

I know, surprising. But all my friends loved it to death, so I figured, "What the fuck, I might as well try to like it, right?"

I could not.
It was awful.

Playing multiplayer was only slightly fun because we got to yell creative insults at eachother.
Also did you know those controllers were fucking heavy?
'Cause getting hit with one hurt.
A lot.
This. This x100.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Of all games, I never could get into Fallout 3. Anything else I could play through several times but Fallout 3 was just too slow-paced for me. I ended up going back to Fable 2 after reaching Level 20. I was going to try and start again from the beginning but my 360 decided that now would be a good time to die.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
LittleBigPlanet... I was really, really looking forward to that game before it came out... then it came out and everybody loved it and I was so optimisitc on getting my hands on it... and then I was swamped with a big pile of tutorials, and I couldn't get my head around making a good level. And when I found myself replacing the game disk with another generic grey/brown coloured FPS, I felt a little bit of my childhood die in me :'(

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Mass Effect, it's a good game, but when you look at the story it's pretty much a copy of KOTOR.

dstryfe

Mar 27, 2009
FFVIII. I tried to like it. I really did. Squall's just a magnificent retard. I suppose WoW qualifies, too; after grinding away 10 levels, I just left.

Valdsator

May 7, 2009
Fallout 3. I rented the game and I did enjoy it a bit at the start, but I don't really enjoy exploring uhh..."blown up crap." I mean, the combat was fun, but after going into some museum and breaking all my limbs, with no ammo, I couldn't stand it. I might try it again, since people keep saying it's the best game ever created, so I might get into it later.

Another is Far Cry 2. I was really surprised with the awesomeness of the map system and how you can go into a mission however you liked. But what did annoying me was the random sickness. I didn't play too much, but it didn't seem to tie into the story at all, it was just an annoying warning saying, "If you've got some pills, press X!" Not sure if it's a very good analogy, but it reminds me of those signs in the pictures, "Warning:This sign's edges are sharp!"

I also was annoyed with the constant jamming. Ya, I guess it gives you a reason to actually buy guns, but then it makes it impossible to fight with a gun you picked up. And how come the enemies never jammed? Of course, after jamming a bit my gun exploded. Again, might give it a try later, but I was a bit annoyed with it.

CrashTestZombie

Mar 13, 2009
The Xbox Live Arcade version of the first Worms. There weren't enough weapons to keep me interested and one of the maps, the name of which eludes me, was bugged and/or taken down. The Worms 2: Armageddon was a major improvement.

Bourne Endeavor

May 14, 2008
Final Fantasy XII; the lack of character development and horrid storyline pacing just turned the game completely off for me. I tried to like it, however there was simply no give.