The Gay Community.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Vault101 said:
disgruntledgamer said:
Gay, Lesbian, Transgender. Whatever man when I encounter someone who's totally against homosexuality it's usually for the same reasons why they reject evolution. Stupidity. Think about it this way man for every gay guy out there means less competition for you and lesbians are hot so I don't see a negative.
when you think about it...I find it really bizare...its essentially saying

"I care about who you fuck, it bothers me, stop it please"
Yeah I don't get it either, what people do in the privacy of there own home is none of my business. As long as it's consensual and no one dies what do I care.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
disgruntledgamer said:
Yeah I don't get it either, what people do in the privacy of there own home is none of my business. As long as it's consensual and no one dies what do I care.
that and when you really think about it, what ARE the differences between men and women? it annoys me when they compare it to beastiality or incest

because the only difference are some physical factors..both are people, both of age and consenting

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
This thread failed the moment you wrote that title above. STOP GENERALIZING. The actions of a few do not define a whole, and even if that were not the case, there is no singular "community" of homosexual individuals.

lSHaDoW-FoXl

Jul 17, 2008
"I find this disrespectful, and plain down rude. I don't care what the Gay Community been through if they act like this. They want respect, and to be treated fairly. That's fine, and cool. Everyone should be treated fairly, and nice. But I hate it when the majority Gay community act like they're so superior then everyone else for just being gay. They act like they're so much better than anyone else, and how those people are just ignorant, and not educated."

Language is very important. 'I Hate it when the majority Gay Community . . .' Sounds a lot like a generalization because it's implying that most gay people act that way. To be honest, I'm pretty sure if you replaced the gay community in your sentence with any other group (Like Liberals, Conservatives, or vegan) then you'd still probably get a hostile response from people. It's the words you employed that invited the Lesbians response.

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
Hasty generalisations ho!

I know a few people from an oppressed minority, who happen to be dicks, therefore the gay community has a problem with respect and maturity.

You see the problem there, right?

I consider the fact that gay people aren't burning down our houses already to indicate that they've got a fucking massive amount of patience considering the shit the put up with. They could call themselves... the Pink Panthers.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Loud, mouthy people are dicks. (See we can spin this any way you want)

It's just a matter of taking a step back sometimes and remembering that they do not make up the the majority.

I KNOW it can be aggravating, hell the amount of vocal 'social warriors' on tumblr are enough to do my head in sometimes (even if on the flip side they can be nice people if they move away from that) for any cause/reason/motivation.

But they are not the majority, the majority of any colour/creed/orientation/gender just want peace and quiet as well. Shit stirrers and Justice Crusaders sadly mix into a boiling pot on the internet that I don't want any part of so just take a deep breath and ignore what you don't like. This is my leisure time. Bog off and let me talk about the cute cat I saw today. Serious time happens at work and away from internet.

I know there are legitimate evils in the world that needs attention, but one person who cares too much about things eventually gets ripped apart mentally from it all. I've almost reached my capacity with how many rights, causes and justices I'm 'socially obligated to correct'. So it is my policy most of the time to just stay quiet on these matters. I'm tired of it. I know how I should behave to people, and It's worked well for me, I am fairly agreeable to society and keep my prejudices in check by confronting and picking them apart until they shatter.
That has to be enough for one person.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Loonyyy said:
They could call themselves... the Pink Panthers.
OK, wrap it up people, we're done here. Loonyyy gets the prize, everybody else - close but no cigar. Better luck next time.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Vault101 said:
your still generalising

and the sad fact is there are twats in all groups..no matter how marginalised. and will use that marginalisation as an excuse to be a twat

like feminists who think drag is "offensive to women" or some such shit

eather way don't lump them all together..it will only annoy people
Vaulty covered it fairly well here. You can't just group people all time just because your friend is being a douche on behalf of the gay community doesn't mean they support him. This is one of the problem with people grouping themselves this way they always forget that when you are part of a group you represent the whole group. This is why feminism gets so much crap because even feminists can't agree on what exactly they represent on a whole. This is also why the US gets so much crap etc.

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
Vault101 said:
and the sad fact is there are twats in all groups
This. It pretty sums up the whole topic. Far as I know the movement took it's cue from the Feminist and Black rights movements. Prior to that the gay community - most of them anyway - preferred to stay on the low down. Unfortunately some of the loudest voices tend to be twats, but it's just them. Most prefer to be left alone.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Processing solotion request . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
63847 solutions available. Refine search?
((All fair))
Refining . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
1 Solution available: Terminate all human life. *Glitch*
Activation request accepted. Initiating protocal 3B927346-H203009-1.
"We are legion. We are invulnerable. You will be terminated!

*Connection lost*

Fffffffffffffffffffff....udge.

Anyways, people are jerks. Intentionally or not, and people generalize.
Why... just cause.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Loonyyy said:
I consider the fact that gay people aren't burning down our houses already to indicate that they've got a fucking massive amount of patience considering the shit the put up with. They could call themselves... the Pink Panthers.
I think they actually DO exist..excpet they are the purple panthers or somthing

AquaAscension

Sep 29, 2009
Valen_Starwalker said:
Snip

What? She just did exactly what I hate about them! It just proves my point that they act like a bunch of little kids when someone disagrees with them about anything. I never said anything about hating gays for being gay. I hate the way they act towards other people. They act superior, and self-righteous just because they're gay.
Double Snip
The bolded part is why you're wrong.

Basically, what you're saying is that these people have these character deficiencies BECAUSE they're gay. That's exactly like saying "That guy is lazy because he's Hispanic." This is a stereotype based entirely on a few people. It honestly does sound like you're trying to justify your discomfort by:
- Referring to homosexuals as a "Them" or an "other" (The Gay Community)
This is detrimental because it marginalizes their humanity. No longer are they "people"... They're just nameless, faceless "Gay Community." Wrong, dude. Just wrong.

- Placing their flaws on the fact that they're gay rather than on the fact that they're human.
This is detrimental for the reasons listed above, but I thought it needed repeating. You're stereotyping with an overt blanket statement.

- You refer to every gay person as "Them"
This is basically the first point, but it's slightly different and worse. You are completely making it an "us vs. them" dichotomy. Terrible. Untrue.

The sad thing is that you are acting childish by putting this unqualified crap out on the internet. This rant is a pile of grammatical mistakes punctuated by generalizations, and it's a dangerous way of thinking because "Them" removes humanity from anyone you apply it to. Capitalize all you want, your lumping of every single homosexual under the "Gay Community" is just as hateful as a white hood and burning cross. Thoughts lead to speech lead to actions lead to character. Think a bit about what you're thinking about and come back to us once you can not spew hate callously. Comprende?

To clarify: I am not defending anyone right to act arrogant. Anyone who does is annoying. However, people don't act that way because they're gay. They act that way because they're arrogant. It's a personality trait, not an orientation. Does that make sense? Can you understand why I dislike this logic/thinking so much?

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
Valen_Starwalker said:
In my life from what I read/see/hear/experience I find that the majority of the gay community are bunch of ignorant, arrogant, self-rightness, rude, disrespectful, and plainly just act like a bunch of little kids when things don't go there way.
Stopped reading right there.

In my life from what I read/see/hear/experience I find that the majority of the gay community republicans are bunch of ignorant, arrogant, self-rightness, rude, disrespectful, and plainly just act like a bunch of little kids when things don't go there way.
In my life from what I read/see/hear/experience I find that the majority of the gay community democrats are bunch of ignorant, arrogant, self-rightness, rude, disrespectful, and plainly just act like a bunch of little kids when things don't go there way.
In my life from what I read/see/hear/experience I find that the majority of the gay community teenagers are bunch of ignorant, arrogant, self-rightness, rude, disrespectful, and plainly just act like a bunch of little kids when things don't go there way.
In my life from what I read/see/hear/experience I find that the majority of the gay community Christians are bunch of ignorant, arrogant, self-rightness, rude, disrespectful, and plainly just act like a bunch of little kids when things don't go there way.
In my life from what I read/see/hear/experience I find that the majority of the gay community minorities are bunch of ignorant, arrogant, self-rightness, rude, disrespectful, and plainly just act like a bunch of little kids when things don't go there way.
In my life from what I read/see/hear/experience I find that the majority of the gay community gamers are bunch of ignorant, arrogant, self-rightness, rude, disrespectful, and plainly just act like a bunch of little kids when things don't go there way.
I could keep going, if you'd like.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Valen_Starwalker said:
This is no way a hate speech, bashing people, because they're gay, or anything of the sort. Please keep civil. This is clear a discussion on how the Gay Community acts, and behaves.

Valen_Starwalker said:
I am not against gays. I am 100% of doing whatever the fuck you want as long as it's not killing puppies, and babies. (And some other things to) but really don't care what you are, what you wear, what you like. My problem is the way people behave, and act.
You're against killing babies? Why?

Valen_Starwalker said:
In my life from what I read/see/hear/experience I find that the majority of the gay community are bunch of ignorant, arrogant, self-rightness, rude, disrespectful, and plainly just act like a bunch of little kids when things don't go there way.
Actually it takes stones to say something this bigoted, on the escapist no less. I can almost respect your boldness, even if you are full of shit. Here's a tip, before saying something about a certain group: ask yourself if you think it'd be okay to say the same thing about a racial minority? If not maybe you should keep that thought to yourself.

Valen_Starwalker said:
Today on facebook my friend posted a picture saying how straight people breed cancer, and other insensitive things. How it's more likely that straight parents beat their kids. Etc. Even if it's true it was insanely disrespectful.

Even if it's true/fact it still doesn't justify the behavior. Two wrongs do not make a right.
Says the person who responds to said behavior by bashing the gay community.

Valen_Starwalker said:
Now I know that the Gay Community has had terrible things down to them, but is this behavior from them show that they're just really a bunch of little kids? (Some of them at least)
I'm confused, are you asking a question here? You should try reviewing what you type to make sure it's at least understandable, especially if you're starting a thread.
Valen_Starwalker said:
In the comments section I kinda said in a summed up paragraph.

"I find this disrespectful, and plain down rude. I don't care what the Gay Community been through if they act like this. They want respect, and to be treated fairly. That's fine, and cool. Everyone should be treated fairly, and nice. But I hate it when the majority Gay community act like they're so superior then everyone else for just being gay. They act like they're so much better than anyone else, and how those people are just ignorant, and not educated."

And then some Lesbian friend of my friend comes along, and says this.

" Being a lesbian, let me put it to you this way...I don't care who you are, if you are kind to me, I will be kind to you even if I don't agree with you. I'm not going to go start a protest and stomp on your beliefs and rights...therefore, this separates me from these other "pro-gay straight bashers" you speak of therefore invalidating your argument...let's go ahead and get to the real point here...you hate gays and would like to make it known. It's okay, I understand you are ignorant and closed minded and I accept that, but I do not hate you and I wish you the very best."

What? She just did exactly what I hate about them! It just proves my point that they act like a bunch of little kids when someone disagrees with them about anything. I never said anything about hating gays for being gay. I hate the way they act towards other people. They act superior, and self-righteous just because they're gay.
You ever think maybe these people are talking down to you and acting so rude, not because they're gay, but because you're being a complete dick towards them and making broad generalizations? The girl never said anything about gays being superior, she never made any broad statements about any large groups. The only person she criticized was you, and honestly I don't blame her. The way you talk it does sound like you just have something against gays, whether you actually do or not. She sounded far more mature than you do right now.

Valen_Starwalker said:
Now my friend Kate defends her left, and right.
You really like commas don't you?

Valen_Starwalker said:
Summing up here.. I know that not all gays are like this. I have met a few that are nice, and they don't have this snobby attitude about them.. but most of them that I meet are just plain down rude.

So my questions are..

Do you think the Gay Community should grow up a bit, and stop being so disrespectful towards other people? Are your experiences any different? Do you know anyone gays that don't do this?

And why in the hell do people defend something even though it's directly staring them in the face?

My captcha thing was.. "No soup for you" I guess I am not having soup. :/
No, I have never knowingly known a gay person who acts the way you describe. My uncle is gay, he's my favorite relative. One of my best friends in highschool was bi, and I'll admit he was a strange guy, but for reasons completely different than what you're mentioning. There was a gay kid in my boyscout troop, he got tormented a lot and eventually ended up leaving.
I'm not saying there aren't rude, selfish gay people, but I highly doubt it's the majority of them.

gLoveofLove

Oct 24, 2011
disgruntledgamer said:
No there are immature morons in every group of society it isn't just limited to the Gay Community. Let me tell you something dude the best friend you'll ever have is a gay guy. Why because they have a lot of straight women friends and they will hook you up. Sure they might hit on you when they're drunk, but the benefits far outweigh the negatives.
Now who's generalising a group of people?

Anyway, while you certainly shouldn't say all or most homosexuals behave this way. you could make an reasonable argument as to why this "arrogant gay" trend might exist, even though i haven't noticed a single incident of this myself. A number of people and groups of people tend to get pompous when they're in front of social movements. i.e vegetarians/vegans who deride you for eating meat or drivers of economic cars who look down their nose at you. The acceptance of homosexuality and marriage equality is obviously progressing at a higher rate than these other trends. With social networking and things people are able to find people with similar values and then share and strengthen those values.

So yeah... it makes sense for the trend to exist, even though i haven't seen anything like it and certainly don't think that it can be applied outside a small subset of gays (for those of you who are offended by my use of the term "gays" and wish to complain, I'll have you know that this term has been officially approved by me and supported by my two middle fingers).

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
TopazFusion said:
Sounds like yet another case of the vocal minority being mistaken for the majority.
i was thinking the same thing

every group has annoyances its unavoidable. unless you make a group where your the only member then you start conspiring against yourself.

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
I agree wholeheartedly, I need to grow up and stop making generalisations insulting the strait community just because I happen to be bisexual!

'Cept I have never made such comments, have never been around someone of a similar inclination who was making such comments, I rarely hear about people making such comments and I firmly believe that if you tried that shit OFFLINE you would face a verbal beatdown.

Sorry bro, you are not describing the majority of the LGBTQ community, you are describing the minority of every community. Among hunters you will find the twats who think that other men are not 'Real' men until they have gunned down a dear. Among gamers you will find twats who think that other gamers are not real gamers until they have played starcraft/portal/COD. You get the idea. Those groups will insult people who are outside of those groups simply because they are cunts who are part of those groups.

They are not the majority (Most gamers do not give a fuck about COD/Portal/Starcraft, they just find it fun, most hunters do not give a fuck about other people, they just find shooting fun, most people in the LGBTQ community do not think they are better than other people, they just want to have fun.) they are the minority.

Yet just like in politics, the loudest people are the ones you hear most often. And, like politics, the loudest people are cunts.

Think about it, what makes you take notice? 'GAY MAN SAYS HORRIBLE THING ABOUT STRAIT MAN!' or 'Your friend talks to you in a normal manner and treats you as an equal, despite having a different sexual preference.'

Personally, my sexuality rarely makes any difference on how I am treated or how I treat people. Sometimes I make fun of a friend of mine who is a bit awkward about the whole thing (Not homophobic, just grew up in a small town.) but I do not receive shit for it nor do I treat my friends (Predominantly strait.) badly, nor my partner (a heterosexual woman) badly.

TLDR;

Nothing to do with the majority of the LGBTQ community. Some minorities are just very loud and obnoxious.

EDIT:

On reflection I would like to state that the opposite is true. One of the side effects of being treated like shit for the kind of person you want to be with is a sense of community. Most of the gay people I have met are, by the by, generally nicer people than others. Now, I am not saying that the gay community is filled with saints or that I get along with all LGBTQ people I have ever met. Just that, on reflection, I have met fewer aggressive dickwads who treat people badly WITHIN the LGBTQ community than OUTSIDE said community.

Something to think about.

Again, not saying that sexuality makes you a better person or that gay/bisexual/transexual/queer people are just better than other people in general. But a hell of a lot of them have been through hell or dated people who have been through hell, creating a nicer kind of person in general. Kinda like why victims of bullying, when they grow up and gain a bit more self esteem, treat people better. Cause they know what being treated badly can do.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Valen_Starwalker said:
Do you think the Gay Community should grow up a bit, and stop being so disrespectful towards other people?
See, what you're doing is confusing the gay community with just plain gay people. One may be involved in the other, but the larger group has no control over what its members say or do. There's no set of rules or a contract to sign if you're gay that states you have to abide by The Gay Code.

You know some rude, ignorant gays. I imagine you know a much higher number of rude, ignorant straight people. So why aren't you complaining about the problems you've encountered with the "straight community"?