The last RPG you played... that WASN'T Skyrim

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
ResonanceGames said:
TES: Arena. I'm trying to play all the Elder Scrolls games in order throughout the next year. Why? Because I'm a nerd, that's why.
You're avatar is Yagrrum Bagarrn, so this doesn't surprise me in the least. My friend thinks we should try to play through Daggerfall, but I am not completely sold on the idea yet.

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
As of last night, Mount & Blade. Picked it up while it was on sale, and now I think I'm hooked. I'm actually having a hard time deciding between it and TOR right now.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Soxafloppin said:
Lord of the Rings: War in the North, if that counts.

I haven't played Skyrim yet.
How is that LOTR? I wanted to get it but they delayed the release to put it next to Skyrim, which was stupid beyond belief!

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
Fappy said:
ResonanceGames said:
TES: Arena. I'm trying to play all the Elder Scrolls games in order throughout the next year. Why? Because I'm a nerd, that's why.
You're avatar is Yagrrum Bagarrn, so this doesn't surprise me in the least. My friend thinks we should try to play through Daggerfall, but I am not completely sold on the idea yet.
I'd give Arena a shot first, it's the same basic idea but with a lot less going on.

Daggerfall is intimidating. Amazing, but intimidating. There are so many options and the world is so huge that it can make your head spin. Plus, it has this weird meta-game to it where you basically have to cheat to do certain things since it is so buggy.

But it's well-worth the effort.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
ResonanceGames said:
Fappy said:
ResonanceGames said:
I'd give Arena a shot first, it's the same basic idea but with a lot less going on.

Daggerfall is intimidating. Amazing, but intimidating. There are so many options and the world is so huge that it can make your head spin. Plus, it has this weird meta-game to it where you basically have to cheat to do certain things since it is so buggy.

I don't think I had a single playthrough of Morrowind or Oblivion where I didn't use some kind of exploit :p

torzath

Jun 29, 2010
A hack of pokemon black.
Hacked to include older pokemon and make it possible to catch all of them without trading or importing from older games and to make the gym leaders and such harder.

Lev The Red

Aug 5, 2011
i... i don't even remember at this point.
my winter semester break began this past week. i started playing Skyrim on tuesday and i've already put almost 24 hours into the game.

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
Fappy said:
ResonanceGames said:
Fappy said:
ResonanceGames said:

I don't think I had a single playthrough of Morrowind or Oblivion where I didn't use some kind of exploit :p
Exploits are also VERY common in Daggerfall, but I was talking about actually modifying your .ini file and using cheat codes. Some of the randomized dungeons will swallow quest-essentially items, and you can actually get trapped with no way out due to glitches, so cheating becomes necessary. I honestly do not think it's possible to play through Daggerfall without cheating unless you're incredibly lucky.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
TPiddy said:
Soxafloppin said:
Lord of the Rings: War in the North, if that counts.

I haven't played Skyrim yet.
How is that LOTR? I wanted to get it but they delayed the release to put it next to Skyrim, which was stupid beyond belief!
Yea I think pretty much every game that month was swamped by Skrim!

Personally I thought it was great, If you're a LOTR fan (Which i sort of am, as in I like the movies)and like Hack and Slash you will like it, The story runs paralell to the events of the films which is nice, You get to talk to the entire fellowship in rivendale before they depart and you get to explore lots of middle earth.

I played through it with a friend and it was a blast, I would recommend it.

Zykmiester

Jun 22, 2010
Deus Ex: Human Revolution and a bit of Fallout: New Vegas DLC.

Everything is better with the addition of firearms

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
ResonanceGames said:
Fappy said:
ResonanceGames said:
Fappy said:
ResonanceGames said:

Exploits are also VERY common in Daggerfall, but I was talking about actually modifying your .ini file and using cheat codes. Some of the randomized dungeons will swallow quest-essentially items, and you can actually get trapped with no way out due to glitches, so cheating becomes necessary. I honestly do not think it's possible to play through Daggerfall without cheating unless you're incredibly lucky.
That is actually pretty hilarious. We'll probably end up rolling a Breton btw. Are they as OP in Daggerfall as they were in Morrowind?

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
Fappy said:
ResonanceGames said:
Fappy said:
ResonanceGames said:
Fappy said:
ResonanceGames said:

That is actually pretty hilarious. We'll probably end up rolling a Breton btw. Are they as OP in Daggerfall as they were in Morrowind?
I've never played as a Breton, but they're magical and the magic system in Daggerfall is the just as awesomely breakable as Morrowind's -- if not moreso.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Cheats#Magicka

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
ResonanceGames said:
Fappy said:
ResonanceGames said:
Fappy said:
ResonanceGames said:
Fappy said:
ResonanceGames said:

I've never played as a Breton, but they're magical and the magic system in Daggerfall is the just as awesomely breakable as Morrowind's -- if not moreso.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Cheats#Magicka
That looks pretty freaking breakable. I played a lot of Xbox Morrowind before PC and the only thing that comes close to that is soul trap-glitching your Intelligence to >10000.

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
For a moment I thought this was another Skyrim hate-thread, glad you cleared that up.
Anyway, the last I played was Oblivion with 3 mods going on I think, and before that, Planescape: Torment.