The many breeds of hater, which one are you?

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
The_root_of_all_evil said:
ToastiestZombie said:
In my time here at the Escapist

Lurk moar.
Yeh, I only joined then. I normally dont make posts for a few days at a time since there really isnt much to talk about instead of the usual "lost faith in humanity", CoD and MLP hate threads, Skyrim love threads and the "am I the only one" threads. Thats why my post count compared to the time ive been on is bad. I didn't really lurk much to be honest, I only found out about here at the start of this year.

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
I don't hate on games. I hate on retarded fanboys and the developers who make shitty games, or the people who work at IGN or Gamespot.
Or League of Legends. But only when it decides to match me with idiots a million times.

I'm a Warranted Hater.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
TestECull said:
1: Where's the "I hate this game because I genuinely think it's a piece of shit that isn't worth playing" option? Because that's what I fall under. If I hate on a game it's because I genuinely think it's so bad the pirates got ripped off and deserve their money back. If that coincides with a popular game, then so be it. I don't care.

For example, I think MW2 fucking sucked donkey dicks. I came to that conclusion after A: Getting a KDR above 1:1 in multiplayer, where my normal score in such a game is about 1 kill to four or five deaths, and B: I realized the campaign was a bag of testicles about the time I ramped the snowmobile over the ravine. That may have been awesome but it didn't fit, would have been much better placed in, say, Grand Theft Auto, and then there was No Russian, which although I found it quite amusing, again seemed out of place. That was only there for shock value, it added fuck all to the plot.

2: Don't be hatin' on the cynical snobs. TB and Yahtzee are fuckin' hilarious.

3: Of the three cynical snobs you listed only Yahtzee does SP only. TotalBiscuit not only plays multiplayer, but casts E-sports. Usually Starcraft tournies but I'm sure he does others too. Yogscast casts e-sports as well, and they, again, play multiplayer.
I find all of those three very funny. The multiplayer comment was only really referring to Yahtzee, since IMO he doesn't really have good reasons for not playing multiplayer. The other two are still quite snobby sometimes, they may be hilarious and interesting but sometimes they just seem to be looking down at games that don't have good graphics, aren't a massive RPG and the like. Simon once called Rythym Heaven shit because it looked like a mini game collection in the trailer, which to me is pretty snobbish.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
The only thing I specifically consider myself being a "hater" of is "zombies", which is on account of "they've overpopulated all forms of media and I'm sick of seeing them everywhere; why oh why can't we get some variety in our mindless hordes?".

Liquid Paradox

Jul 19, 2009
Actually, I consider myself:

7) Love or hate a game based on it's individual Merits

Ignoring the Plethora of unnecessary hate which seems to pervade the world of Gaming Discussion, you are one of the rare few who will actually PLAY A GAME before you make any judgements upon it. People like this tend to enjoy far more games then not, because they can see the merits of a game without becoming bogged down by a few mild criticisms. For example, one of theses kinds of "haters" May enjoy, say, Call of Duty, because of it's fun, fast-paced shooter game-play and superb visual aesthetics, and may also enjoy Fable for it's dry humor and generally simple-yet-fun hack and slash mechanics.

Also... what is a brown shooter? I hear this term a lot to describe every single shooter that ever comes out, and yet I have yet to play a game which was exclusively brown, as many reports seem to suggest. A few brownish levels, sure, but they ARE in the desert, aren't they?

ShotgunZombie

Dec 20, 2009
Simply put, I am a troll hater... Also I hate other haters... And hipsters... And bronies...
You know what? I just realized that I hate a little bit of everything. Don't like it? Bite me.
Naw, just messing with ya' but seriously I'm a little bit of all of them.

michiehoward

Apr 18, 2010
If by "Cynical Snob" you mean "Expecting to get a good if not great experience for a game that they may taken years to produce and at the end cost me 70-80 dollars to purchase."

Then I guess thats me.

Ohhi

Nov 13, 2009
I don't hate I play the games that interst me and leave the rest alone I have no reason to hate on a game that I won't even play.

Dunkerloop

Aug 8, 2011
The Troll: Half of the time I'm when hating something I'm Exaggerating my dislike for something small that bugged me.

LITE992

Jun 18, 2011
I'm a 6, because I dismiss Gears of War yet I enjoy playing Battlefield a lot.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Im a hater of nostalga..and a hater of critical snobs (though I think not liking multiplayer is a perfectly valid position)

Goldenkitten01

Aug 23, 2010
I've got bits of the Golden Age hater and the Japanophile Hater (the guy who claims you're just bad mouthing it because it's Japanese or uses anime style aesthetic). But while I've certainly found myself defending both points at times I don't think I've ever been obssessive about it. Typically only when something is getting an exaggerated amount of hate/love given the case and it just doesn't add up.