The Matrix 4: Resurrections Trailer

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
A thing that pissed me off about "The Force Awakens" more than anything else (and there is a lot to hate) was the lack of progression. I thought it might be like the Foundation series. The old empire is gone. Welcome to the new galaxy of warring factions as a new Pax is forged. So much fun could have been had. Instead, so many analysis, I think , was spot on. It was, in too many ways, Star Wars A New Hope re-hashed.

I do worry this new Matrix movie will be more or less that very thing.

Reactions: Hawki and Ezekiel

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States

So WB is officially leaning into it. I cant help but feel like they're setting up a pretty towering pedestal to fall off. I mean unless they'd decided to do something totally different this was inevitable. However Matrix ended in a pretty low unsatisfying place for most fans so It's difficult to imagine this being than "shrug cool more matrix". I kinda wish Keanu was one of those more discerning actors who refuse to be attached to anything not great, but he still sometimes just pays bills or helps people out.

I'm gonna stay away from spoilers on this one. I'd prefer to go in with low expectations and be as surprised as possible.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States

I'm even more annoyed now. I hoped Neo was just a program now. But the machines can just do anything with dead bodies.

His hair cover looks weird.

"A deja vu is a glitch in the matrix" the trailer keeps repeating. Of course that's the excuse they're going with.

Reactions: gorfias

terrysmivv56

Nov 15, 2021
Country
USA
Definitely one sequel I’d like to see. As a fan of Matrix, i can’t wait to go to cinema for that masterpiece. I never thought I'd see the day that this happens

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I understand this is petty, but I still feel as if the name should have been something like Matrix: Reimaged to keep in with the 'IT' theme.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I highly advise skipping the new trailer. While it doesn't explicitly state whats going on it makes it pretty obvious. I ended up shutting it off when they started blatantly showing some stuff I didnt want to see. Kinda bummed now.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I highly advise skipping the new trailer. While it doesn't explicitly state whats going on it makes it pretty obvious. I ended up shutting it off when they started blatantly showing some stuff I didnt want to see. Kinda bummed now.
Whenever I am even remotely interested in something, I avoid as much trailers as possible. I learned that the easy way, thank Christ. If I do watch this movie, I am not going to the theater. I am heading straight for HBO Max.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I'll never understand why, but people these days want to be spoiled when it comes to movie plots.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'll never understand why, but people these days want to be spoiled when it comes to movie plots.
It's like they want to have some weird validation for being "genre savy" or a long time fan, or just want to be part of it/everything. Some people don't even care for the fandom, but want to be part of it to feel special. That is just sad in many cases, because the person is doing it for the wrong reasons. You're not really connecting with anyone or anything and just forcing yourself to like something to be with the in-crowd. I am a fan of a lot things, but not everything, nor do I need to do so to feel validated. There are plenty of things I am not fans of any more, or not as much as I used to be.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I think, at least for me, it's a consequence of the pandemic. So much time and so little to do, I end up reading plenty articles or watching videos dissecting every upcoming movie I'm interested in. And since theaters have been closed here for close to two years now, I just kind of expect to be spoiled for every movie. It's not something I actively want, just kinda ends up happening.

Last edited:

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I love trailers, I watch a lot of them. Some of it is finding out about interesting films I wasn't aware of. When it comes to things like The Matrix I think its just that Im excited for the movie and just want a taste of it.

I would argue as someone that watches a ton of trailers. I rarely see this much spoiled if little at all. Some trailers genuinely do a great job of getting you hyped for a film. I think Spider-man and the Matrix are two films that likely hinge on some surprise reveals and they're ruining it. Its worth noting Spider-man Far From home, never actually spoiled anything to do with Mysterio other than that he was in the movie. My preference would have been to not reveal anything further than the Doc Ock shot in the original Spider-man no way home trailer, but over the passed two weeks theyve been revealing all manner of spoilers including clips of full scenes. Very annoying.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Well it's simple.

Some people take the blue pill. The spoilers end, they stay off the Internet, and believe whatever they want to believe.

Others take the red pill. The revelations keep coming. And they see how deep the spoilers go.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
I don't get why WB did this. It's like seeing yourself in a photo and all the flaws and asymmetry of your face jumping out at you more.

Also amused me that they STILL can't decide on a color palette for the old movies.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
One of the dumbest decisions they made was tinting all of the scenes occurring inside the Matrix green. The highway chase was done primarily with practical effects and stunts, and yet the coloring made it look like bad CGI.
It's why I keep finding less and less reasons to watch The Matrix sequels. I've always preferred Dark City anyways in terms of false realities and storytelling. If you ever want to see that movie, just make sure to get the director's cut. Never watch the theatrical cut.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
One of the dumbest decisions they made was tinting all of the scenes occurring inside the Matrix green. The highway chase was done primarily with practical effects and stunts, and yet the coloring made it look like bad CGI.
The freeway chase actually isn't that green, as of 2018.

gq-matrix-reloaded-car-chase.png
The Matrix Reloaded [UHD-DV].mkv_snapshot_01.27.28.875.jpg

The whole green tint was pulled back a lot.

The Matrix Reloaded [UHD-DV].mkv_snapshot_01.04.11.014.jpg

Same with The Matrix. But that one is more uneven now than its sequels. Switches from teal to blue and back. 2018 Bill Pope couldn't even decide the color of Morpheus' shirt.

4K screenshots reduced by 50 percent.

Attachments

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@Ezekiel, have you ever seen Drive (1997)? I am recommending it to you if you have not seen it. Whether the new Matrix movie works out for you or not, at least wanted to make your day a bit better.

Also, just get the Blu-ray version. It contains the director's cut. The theatrical cut is not good. Look for the label MVD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezekiel