The most difficult boss you've RECENTLY defeated.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
The last game I played with an actual boss battle was Fire Emblem; Shadow Dragon. That battle was hard, but I beat Medeus thanks to the sacrifice of everyone Marth ever knew and loved. It was a very short epilogue.

THeFraz

Oct 31, 2011
I recently played Shadow of the Colossus, and the final colossus was kind of annoying. I would get to a point where I wouldn't know how to proceed to his face. Finally got it though

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Ys Origin 2nd boss with the sword girl character, damn that game has some challenging bossfights for an ARPG

Dark Souls end boss, took me hours to finish because I returned to my playthough after a hiatus and was very rusty

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
Combine Rustler said:
Hawk of Battle said:
-snip-

Combine Rustler said:
Crawmerax the Invincible. So much for that title. Still by far the toughest thing I've ever fought in an FPS ever (this was on playthrough 2, I was max level and playing a Hunter named Brodecai)
Took me like 8 tries though.

captcha: blaze a trail
Why thank you captcha, but I already have.
TheMann said:
It's best to take down Crawmerax in co-op. Solo, he's a real *****. The whole General Knoxx DLC on playthrough 2 is fairly challenging.
I laugh every time anyone mentions Craw being hard, I kick that guys arse for breakfast solo with my Siren. Thank god for 6 second cooldown and massive health regen/superspeed.
And that's well and everything, but I'm not sure I believe you. The only way to solo Crawmerax is to make him turn around somehow because you cannot kill him unless you destroy the shit on his back. He can swivel around faster than a goddamn bloodhound smelling, well, blood, thus completely negating Lilith's ability to get behind his back undetected. Her elemental skills do jack shit on Playthrough 2, her healing in Phasewalk won't be sufficient and she doesn't have the tankiness to take anything more than 3 hits before taking a dive.
Yeah, I called you a lying liar. It's kay though.

Edit: nevermind the fact that Crawmerax is immune to elemental effects.
Actually, he can be soloed, very easily. The Siren is fully capable of running circles around the guy and healing to full health with maxed out phasewalk time. Get a decent smg and up the damage and fire rate (I recommend malevelent stingers), grab a Firehawk and an Eridian shotgun for the offspring (to leave only the slower moving ones, you can also keep a corrosive weapon handy if you want, but mostly you want to leave them alive anyway since they're slower and less dangerous) and you can get phasewalk back every 6 seconds easy so long as you make 2 kills. If you're not making 2 kills that quickly, then you aren't in danger anyway. I never said anything about Liliths elemental abilities so I'm not sure why you bring that up, it's a non-issue.

The only trouble is, as you say, making him turn around, and for that you just position yourself on the other side of the pillars in the middle of the map, making him turn sideways to skirt around it, which nicely exposes his back. The phasewalking isn't for getting behind him, it's for getting away from him so you can shoot out all his other points first and for healing up the damage he does.

Use this build; http://talent.87bazillion.com/siren.php?505055554000005554555

You can probably alter that slightly, can't remember off the top of my head the exact build, but that's the general gist. The extra melee damage after coming out of phasewalk is just there in case you happen to find yourself next to a smaller enemy, since you may as well knock 6 seconds off your phasewalk immediatey after coming out of it. The dazing effects are just general crowd control, the rest is just health regen and damage resistance/damage increases. Basically if you're not able to re-enter phasewalk and aren't at max health within 4 seconds after phasewalking, you're doing something wrong.

Still don't believe me, here's a video of another guy using the exact same technique and nearly the exact same build I use myself that I just found; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6fUtjWPtLw

So yeah, don't call me a liar.

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
Rylot said:
Ornstein and Smough, the bosses of Anor Londo in Demon Souls. I did summon Solaire but he lasted maybe thirty seconds. Had to spend forever in Anor Londo leveling my gear and character.
I felt the same way trying to solo them on my first run, but now I find them fun to fight with other people, espetially when one goes down and everyone gets out pyromancy and lightning spears for the second.

OT: The Ur-Dragon of Dragon's Dogma is the only one I can think of right now if only because two of its weak points are in an annoying to hit place on its wings.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
The very last boss of Silent Hill downpour, because I didn't know I could activate a ranged attack with that weapon despite trying. Or so I thought anyways. So I got the reversal ending unintentionally my first time due to my inability to actually hit my opponent with my ridiculously slow swings and movement.

The last intentionally difficult boss would be the Ur-Dragon online. At least until I figured out how to totally cheese him.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
I think it was The Fury, in MGS3. Ya'know, the pyro? With the flamethrower? That was such a badly designed boss fight. He's faster than you, with a weapon that reaches all the way down the corridors and a little bit past that, it's an area denial weapon that lasts for a good 45 seconds at least. It's especially hilarious because every other boss fight in the game is pitifully easy.

Bacaruda

Jul 10, 2011
Errr... All the Sonic Adventure bosses were easy so can't pick any of them... All the Sonic Generation bosses were easy as well... Just finished Tomba 2 and the earth pig boss was kind of annoying. But he only took like 5 tries. I've been playing to many easy games lately, damn.

Answer: Earth Pig Boss in Tomba 2

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
You know, I can't actually remember what the last difficult boss I beat was. That's...kind of sad actually. Maybe I need to play some more challenging stuff.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
The High Dragon from Dragon Age: Origins.

Tough son of a gun, and made me use up most of my health poultices, but it felt well worth it.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Yakuza on a 1% run in Metroid Fusion,I had a hard time with him normally but 1% mode is hell,the first phase isn't that bad but then he starts spinning around and I cry in a corner and somehow kick his ass. I wish I could say the same thing about Nightmare.

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
I don't know if it counts as a boss fight per se... But I've been doing a challenge tower run with my brother on MK9 and had to do a 3-V-1 match against Sheeva, Goro, and Kintaro as Baraka with a single health bar (doesn't reset to max after each fight)... definitely one of the harder fights since Goro and Kintaro have Armor while attacking... anyone remember what I'm talking about?

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I just finished soloing Crawmerax for the bazilionth time. No glitching. He's not that hard with the Siren because you can just phase walk to safety. Also, if I'm lucky, I can down him in under a minute.

He just gave me my very first teal drop today! Took bloody forever.

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
Saviordd1 said:
Sp3ratus said:
-MOST FRUSTRATING ASSHOLE IN GAMING EVER-
Couldn't agree more, they really don't give you a good chance with that dick head, I pretty much killed him via exploits, and even then it was hard.

As for me the most difficult one I've killed lately is Kai Leng on Insanity Mass Effect 3, damn that was annoyingly hard.
Hehe, when I first read that you quoted me, I was like "whoa dude, not sure how I've earned a reputation like that, but okay", but then I figured you were probably quoting my Golems of Amgarrak and the Harvester response. But I completely agree, the only reason I was able to even beat it on hard was because of lots of bombs, that 3 out of the 4 party members could cast on rotation and that I read somewhere on the web that pulling the lever that make the skeletons disappear right before you enter phase 2 would make that phase a cakewalk, which it pretty much did.

As for Kai Leng, what class did you play? Because I remember him being a pain in the ass on my Vanguard, but on my second playthrough, on my Infiltrator it being a lot easier with invisibility and my trusty Black Widow absolutely annihilating him. Both of them being on Insanity, mind.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Sp3ratus said:
Saviordd1 said:
Sp3ratus said:
-MOST FRUSTRATING ASSHOLE IN GAMING EVER-
Couldn't agree more, they really don't give you a good chance with that dick head, I pretty much killed him via exploits, and even then it was hard.

As for me the most difficult one I've killed lately is Kai Leng on Insanity Mass Effect 3, damn that was annoyingly hard.
Hehe, when I first read that you quoted me, I was like "whoa dude, not sure how I've earned a reputation like that, but okay", but then I figured you were probably quoting my Golems of Amgarrak and the Harvester response. But I completely agree, the only reason I was able to even beat it on hard was because of lots of bombs, that 3 out of the 4 party members could cast on rotation and that I read somewhere on the web that pulling the lever that make the skeletons disappear right before you enter phase 2 would make that phase a cakewalk, which it pretty much did.

As for Kai Leng, what class did you play? Because I remember him being a pain in the ass on my Vanguard, but on my second playthrough, on my Infiltrator it being a lot easier with invisibility and my trusty Black Widow absolutely annihilating him. Both of them being on Insanity, mind.
Yeah looking back I could have worded that better.

But anyway I played an Adept for my insanity walkthrough, not as easy as I thought the endless psychic powers would make it.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Rylot said:
Ornstein and Smough, the bosses of Anor Londo in Demon Souls. I did summon Solaire but he lasted maybe thirty seconds. Had to spend forever in Anor Londo leveling my gear and character.
I look forward to the day I can share in your joy. For now my most recent tough boss conquered would be Wargoyle from Kingdom Hearts 3D.

llew

Sep 9, 2009
Pearwood said:
Vergil 2 - Devil May Cry 3. Eventually said screw it and used that gold orb I found at the start of the game. Ruined my rank but eh I'll live. Thank god he goes back to a more manageable movelist for the third fight.
Really? you found the third fight easier than the second? the second one i find way easier because the majority of his moves involve *jump, kick, repeat*

OT: the giant ninja spider on mission 1 of ninja gaiden 2 on mentor difficulty... the spider ninja itself isnt that hard but by god all the exploding shuriken ninja helping it make it difficult

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
llew said:
Really? you found the third fight easier than the second? the second one i find way easier because the majority of his moves involve *jump, kick, repeat*
Not easier, no. I just have some kind of problem with dodging Beowulf's air attack. I know how to dodge it but I never seem to do it right. I guess I just need practice but like I said there's a gold orb you find at the beginning of the game and pretty much nothing between then and Virgil 2 that's worth using it on. I'll probably regret that attitude when it comes to Virgil 3 because there's no way in hell I'm fighting a devil triggered Vanguard just for another one.