Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
it feels... bluer.
just... more blue.
i realise it was blue before...
it's just... a different blue...
curiouser and curiouser...
tangoprime said:
It looks like facebook now. Like... the current facebook. The bad one. With boxes and feeds everywhere, and everything way too spread out and inefficient.

Before it was compact, streamlined, efficient, and warm. Now, its facebook.
YES! that kind of blue. a facebook blue.
not the same colour.
just facebooky.
the blue is facebooky.
it feels facebook.

*whimpers*
i dont like it, turn off the blue!

coheedswicked

Mar 28, 2010
Ok major likes and dislikes.

Like: that little profile thing on the left with latest posts, badges, ect...

Dislike: Where's my sidebar? Also expand that "News" list to show at least 10 or 15 at a time

Also add "Hexproof" to the features dropdown thing

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
I didn't mind it at first, but I take back what I said about "Just going to need to get used to it".

It's so friggin' slow to load ANYTHING. I clicked on my Escapist bookmark and it didn't even look like it was loading. So I clicked on my Zero Punctuation bookmark and it acknowledged that it was loading, but still took almost a minute to show up.

Half of the time the site doesn't even load what I want it to, and when it does it takes forever. It's like I'm using the internet I had when I got my first Windows 98.

Additionally, I notice you removed the video list. Thanks for that, I was tiring of the convenience of being able to click on any show right there on the front page and see what I need to catch up on. (/sarcasm)

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
Slow as hell on mobile. The normal site looked great on mobile too, but this looks deranged as if it were all just thrown on the front page. Why not make the old homepage he mobile version as it workedso well?

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
I imagine once the bugs get worked out it'll be easier to work with. The only thing that bugs me are the glitchy loading times.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Can't say I'm too keen on it, but then again I'm not supposed to like it.

Kiwi Shizz

Jan 10, 2010
I just randomly decided to check in on the escapist while I was at school today and I didn't know how to comprehend what was in front of me.

To put it simply, after the unusual waiting time (even for my school system), I was shocked.
I'm not a fan of the new layout or brightness

Stammer said:
Additionally, I notice you removed the video list. Thanks for that, I was tiring of the convenience of being able to click on any show right there on the front page and see what I need to catch up on. (/sarcasm)
I agree, that fact that is so slow for everyone is just going to make getting to the videos just a bit tedious.

mandalorian2298

Nov 7, 2010
So, I came back to see the new posts. I tried to load the page 16, gave up and read a whole article on Cracked while the thing loaded. Then I clicked on page 17. This time I monitored the tab and figured out that it takes about a 1-2 minutes for A FORUM PAGE to load. Seriously?

Anyway, on the off chance that this will be a first time in history that a web company decides to listen to it's public, I would like to join all the guys who asked for an option to use the old layout.

If you decide (and you probably will *sigh*) not to change anything for another 6 months so that you can completely redesign the site again to make it "even better and easier to read" (*SIGH* I can get different tastes, but I thought that all human beings have similarly built eyes) would you please, PLEASE just take the trouble to change "FFFFFF" into something that isn't hazardous for you users' health?

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
I don't understand the complaints about the white. Books are black on white, and everyone has been fine with them for the past six hundred years.

Furrama

Jul 24, 2008
I'm okay with change. I like the colors and the logo placement better. The main page is prettier. But the side gradient is terrible and unprofessional. The site is moving slow as heck and has since yesterday. I miss the shows on the side so that I could quickly, without having to go back to the main page or check the shows, could easily see the newest video. Which would be awesome since the site takes dialup speeds to load right now. The fonts under videos are too cluttered/large and look like they have no breathing room. I loaded up Yahtzee's page the first time and thought the page didn't load correctly... then I realized that the site had had an overhaul and that was intended. This... is not good.

Save for those things it's okay.

Dresos

Jun 17, 2011
Please if nothing else at least change the background colour and add some borders!

Angnor

Nov 11, 2010
red the fister said:
3rd times a charm.
not gonna tell you any pf my problems with the new design.
because the last two times i tried the site crashed... i think. couldn't find the server at ant rate
Same here. Maybe this one will go up...

Aisaku

Jul 9, 2010
It desperately needs a way to close the space around the site. You know, for people who browse in widescreen monitors. The old site used to be just right in that matter.

It also feels smaller, since there is less content featured up front, you have to scroll down to have a whole grasp of what's going on.

If you were going to copy joystiq (the ps3 xbox wii ds... thing), I'd rather copy the blog format where you have a long page of story snippets to taste and decide to visit (or not). The small thumbnails and headings are not enticing at all, you skim and ignore all but the ones that you really care about.