The New Shiny Escapist

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Guest said:
Guest said:
I'm seeing everyone's posts as "Guest"... I take it this is not normal.

hey, look, my message is at the top of your screenshot! sweet
No! It's my message!

MINE!

MINE!

MINE!

And the horde of guests begin Internet War 37.

EDIT:

The fuck?

When I clicked post, it posted my comment then it went back to the thread. There was the top and the bottom and the header and where the writing was meant to be....

Nothing.

The fuck?

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Guest said:
whoring it again: http://userstyles.org/styles/57994/escapist-magazine-fix-for-white-background
Thank you for this.

Man, this guest thing is messed up.

kiwi_poo

Apr 15, 2009
Guest said:
Guest said:
Guest said:
I'm seeing everyone's posts as "Guest"... I take it this is not normal.

hey, look, my message is at the top of your screenshot! sweet
No! It's my message!

MINE!

MINE!

MINE!

And the horde of guests begin Internet War 37.

EDIT:

The fuck?

When I clicked post, it posted my comment then it went back to the thread. There was the top and the bottom and the header and where the writing was meant to be....

Nothing.

The fuck?
think about it dude, are you a brony?

whoa, lucky guess

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Guest said:
whoring it again: http://userstyles.org/styles/57994/escapist-magazine-fix-for-white-background
This is awesome! Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am a happy man now.

Buzz Killington_v1legacy

Likes Good Stories About Bridges
Aug 8, 2009
If anyone's wondering about the "31 Dec 1969" thing, Unix systems (like the Linux machines this site runs on) compute time by counting the number of seconds elapsed since January 1, 1970. This looks like a computer throwing up its hands and admitting it doesn't know when anyone joined.

adalekplunger

Dec 14, 2011
If anyone's wondering about the "31 Dec 1969" thing, Unix systems (like the Linux machines this site runs on) compute time by counting the number of seconds elapsed since January 1, 1970. This looks like a computer throwing up its hands and admitting it doesn't know when anyone joined.
Maybe the redesign can't handle such a large thread?

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
No, it's happening on small threads, too. I'm also seeing a lot of the OP having a blank post and getting a warning for it, then the actual post is #2 and has no author, though I do have a feeling that the redesign is part of the problem.

RagnarokHybrid

Aug 6, 2011
Apparently we all joined at the end of 1969. And now I am seeing no names or post counts...

Same. This is pretty reminiscent of that ApocalyPS3 thing [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ps3#Leap_year_bug] that some people went through.

Anyone hoping for a re-redesign? I kind of am.

No, it's happening on small threads, too. I'm also seeing a lot of the OP having a blank post and getting a warning for it, then the actual post is #2 and has no author, though I do have a feeling that the redesign is part of the problem.
It's not just the OP, I think. It's showing up on every page. In fact, this page says the first guy is BANNED with only two post.

... Musta been a bad guy.

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
Apparently we all joined at the end of 1969. And now I am seeing no names or post counts...

I'm getting all that as well. And I made a post about it (not even bothering to look at this, I fail...) and it said I am banned, when I only have one warning against me that I received the other day...

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Woooo! Over 1000 posts, most of which are complaints. Well done everyone!

FateOrFatality

Mar 27, 2010
This is sort of hilarious. I'm looking forward to the inevitable someone pretending to be an Escapist admin or something.

Maybe the Escapist decided they really liked how 4chan operates? I certainly hope not...

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
As far as I can tell the "group" buttons on the homepage don't work, andlast time I actually managed to get into a group page it didn't show any content anyway.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
This is sort of hilarious. I'm looking forward to the inevitable someone pretending to be an Escapist admin or something.

Maybe the Escapist decided they really liked how 4chan operates? I certainly hope not...
Apparently...you and EVERYONE ELSE joined the Escapist in 1969...

zee fook?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
I think the Escapist is on the verge of melt down...

oooh and now everyone is the 1st of jan 1970 -.-

Was the interwebs even around then?

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Well, it isn't just me. Good to see I am not going crazy. Admins plz get this fixed post-haste!

Also, this is just ripe for mischief. I am so tempted to post horrible stuff and see if I can get away with it.