The Official Fallout 3 Thread.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
hypothetical fact said:
Funnily enough the hardest boxing opponent is Fawkes; when you first release her and walk into ~Spoilers removed!~, punch Fawkes as much as you can, she hits hard, fast and constantly regenerates health.
Isn't Fawakes a man? Has a mans voice, has a mans name.

I admitt it he might be a girl and that becoming a super muntant could make them mono-gender but why call Fawakes a "she"?

EDIT: Because she is female. After a google search I can say Fawakes is female. Now thats creapy.

orifice

Nov 18, 2008
Knight Templar said:
jamesc said:
...A stress ulcer...
...doesn't exsist.
Yes they do. They are caused when stress leads to overproduction of acid in the stomach, and this acid causes inflammation on an exposed are of the stomach wall. This Inflammation eventually become ulceration. (I have one.)

uncle-mum

Dec 16, 2008
whyarecarrots said:
Right, my game has bugged pretty badly.

I fast travelled to the regulator hq to turn in ome fingers. There was a radscoprion outside but I ignored it, running into the building.
What I found when I get inside was Sonora Cruz fleeing. I couldn't talk to her, and she ran out of the building and I haven't seen her again. And my last save game was 3 hours before...

I checked the wiki, and it seemed that the only solutions involved using the developer console, which I couldn't work out how to work. It told me to use the kill, resurrect, and bring to player commands on her (her reference number being 6f212), but all the permutations of how those commands could be entered didn;t seem to be working.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

If you go south from the HQ the ammunition buildings you should find Sonora Cruz down there getting killed by raiders or some such. It can take a bit to find her but just look out for "Sonora Cruz is unconscious" and follow the sound of gun fire...

whyarecarrots

Nov 19, 2008
uncle-mum said:
If you go south from the HQ the ammunition buildings you should find Sonora Cruz down there getting killed by raiders or some such. It can take a bit to find her but just look out for "Sonora Cruz is unconscious" and follow the sound of gun fire...
Ahh, useful. Thanks! :)
If you do find her there, are you able to talk to her?

I'll check that as soon as I get the password to my Steam account back (got a friend to change it so I don't get distracted in the run up to a uni interview on thursday)

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
WHY in Vecna's name is that Children of Atom preacher from Megaton still alive? He's standing ankle-deep in radioactive water, and it doesn't even seem to faze him! 'Tis truly bizarre, as the water hurts me and not him.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
The_Oracle said:
WHY in Vecna's name is that Children of Atom preacher from Megaton still alive? He's standing ankle-deep in radioactive water, and it doesn't even seem to faze him! 'Tis truly bizarre, as the water hurts me and not him.
My child, Atom's glow is a blessing for those who accept His glory. Come, come and celebrate the fission that will convert our wretched, filthy bodies into instruments of warmth and light! Drink with me, and pray...

(Then again, that guy had the same voice actor as Colonel Autumn so maybe those characters get extra Rad Resistance or something.)

-- Steve

DirkGently

Oct 22, 2008
Of course, maybe he just has high endurance, a lot of Rad-X and Rad away. Or maybe his shoes are made out of a radiation suit.

Bling Cat

Jan 13, 2008
Richard Groovy Pants said:
Deathclaw gauntlet > Fisto! > Power Fist.

[img_inline captation="Yum yum"]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images//0/0d/Deatchclawgauntlet.gif[/img_inline]
A) He set off a non-targeted strike of seven-eight mini nukes. It's on the wiki somewhere. 2)EAGLE CLAW! My god I love Argyle.
Hey fella, got a light?
Huh?
HEEYAW!
Crunch
Thud
If I get it for PC, I will do two things with the GECK: 1: I will add in a bonus perk and weapon, both found
On Argyle's body
. The weapon will be an alternative Deathclaw gauntlet, called THE EAGLE CLAW!(Maybe not all in caps) The perk will be a note, detailing how to perform the EAGLE CLAW, giving you a 10% chance to instakill an enemy in a shower of gore when completely unarmed, or when using the EAGLE CLAW Gauntlet.
2: I will add a ton more Herbert 'Daring' Dashwood shows. I mean a TON. I will do freaking seasons of them. I'll probably either do the voices myself or get people on the Escapist to record them and send me the audio file.

I have plans for this game.

whyarecarrots

Nov 19, 2008
harhol said:
I've just finished the B&W dream sequence in the idealized suburb where you don the mask and kill everyone (or at least I did). Could anyone tell me how far I am through the main storyline? 10%? 20%?

Thanks.
Err... try about 50% as a rough guesstimate. It's a short main campaign.

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
whyarecarrots said:
harhol said:
I've just finished the B&W dream sequence in the idealized suburb where you don the mask and kill everyone (or at least I did). Could anyone tell me how far I am through the main storyline? 10%? 20%?

Thanks.
Err... try about 50% as a rough guesstimate. It's a short main campaign.
I would really say more like 30%, he still has to go through all that Raven Rock shit, and Vault 87

Jul 23, 2008
Anton P. Nym said:
The_Oracle said:
My child, Atom's glow is a blessing for those who accept His glory. Come, come and celebrate the fission that will convert our wretched, filthy bodies into instruments of warmth and light! Drink with me, and pray...

(Then again, that guy had the same voice actor as Colonel Autumn so maybe those characters get extra Rad Resistance or something.)

-- Steve
There's a thought...
Has anyone killed him? did he drop any android components? usually that's a hint that that NPC was an android.

Alex_P

All I really do is threadcrap
Mar 27, 2008
The_Oracle said:
Two theories:
1. NPCs aren't affected by radiation. (I've definitely never noticed party NPCs suffer any problems.)
2. NPCs are affected by radiation but their exposure level resets to 0 when you reload an area. If this is the case, maybe he'll die if you wait long enough without changing zones. (If that 1 rad/sec figure is to believe, it would take about 17 minutes. Anyone want to stand next to him for a while and check?)

-- Alex

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
I have a question,

I just happened to be playing fallout 3 on my 360 when I notice one of my recently played players is playing fallout.

I decide to look at what level he is at and I am shocked to see that he was "level 32--Scourge of humanity"

I thought the max level was 20, so how is this possible?

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
ansem1532 said:
I have a question,

I just happened to be playing fallout 3 on my 360 when I notice one of my recently played players is playing fallout.

I decide to look at what level he is at and I am shocked to see that he was "level 32--Scourge of humanity"

I thought the max level was 20, so how is this possible?
If he's playing the PC version through Games for Windows Live, and he's used a PC "console" command to change the level cap, it might just get reported that way. Pre-NXE his GamerTag would have a little PC-shaped icon next to it if that was the case; did you see anything that might hint he was playing on a desktop instead of a 360?

-- Steve