The Old Republic Collectors' Edition Might Cost You $210

Thumper17

May 29, 2009
Must.. fight.. inner star wars nerd... urges... HURGL!

NO! I must not buy this. Waste..of.. money.. I don't even.. play MMOs!

*dark side*

But you love that series! How could you not finish it? It's totally worth several of your currently non-existant pay cheques!

*light side*

Do not give in my son. For MMO's lead only to the dark side, and subscription fee's.

*dark side*

Come, you have little to no social life anyways, what have you to lose?

*light side*

You dont have the money child! Just wait or buy the regular edition!

*dark side*

But then you dont get the cool Journal and Statue and in game items!

*light side*

Will that matter in the long run? The journal could be torn or thrown out, the statue will only collect dust!

*Dark side*

But the statue will look badass doing it!

*light side*

The game could be discontinued! Much like enter the matrix!

*dark side*

Not when it is backed by EA, Lucasfilms and the power of the force!

*light side*

But it wont be steam compatible! It'll be released only on Origins!

*dark side*

Ahh fuck, he's got me there.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
It'll probably be way less than that. The game industry likes to pretend exchange rates don't exist, so if it's going to be 150 in the EU it's going to be 150 in the US.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
Jesus. Lifelong Star Wars fan here, one who is eagerly excited for this game, but THAT is a ridiculous price.

I hope it's a joke, because that is outrageous.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
How can people not realize that this will in no way cost anything more than $150 for you? That's just the way these damn prices work, everybody but the US gets screwed.
I don't even like MMOs and I want that damn statue!
Also, I've always thought of collector's editions as a way to give back to the people making the game. They're overpriced for a reason, and if I think that the devs (or more accurately, the publisher) deserves some extra money for making a game I'll love, then I want to give them that. I see the actual content as secondary, more of a thank you than something worth the money.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Chuck in one of those glowing phallic swords and I might just possibly consider thinking about it.

Synyster

Madman with a laptop
Jul 20, 2011
I'm really looking forward to that game,and I really love SW but I would not pay $210 for that

shadowmagus

Feb 2, 2011
I believe nothing until I see a confirmation. The problem with leaks is that everyone gets up in arms over something that has not been confirmed by the publisher.

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
This price *can't* be right. 210? No way... it doesnt' sound like it's offering much more then the ME3 CE, and it's like 80 bucks. No way Bioware is THAT stupid. Either there's more to this... like 6 months free game play or something extra, or the price point is just flat wrong.

As much as i want TOR, i will NOT pay 210 dollars for it... I can not be a part of letting game companys thing this kind of price gouging will be acceptable... it'll be the standered edition for me if this version cost anything more then.. 80 - 100 dollars. Even 100 would be pushing it.. but it is starwars and i have been wating with baited breath for this game for years now... but still, the can go @#$@#$ themselves for 210...

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
The statue alone is worth around 60-70.

Any why does everyone act like it's the only edition? There's standard boxed too. Also, there's standard and CE digital downloads.

And this morning someone in the UK (probably a GAME employee) took pictures of the boxes that came into the store (display boxes, empty OR pre-order packs), so I think it's safe to say that they will announce this all at comicon tomorrow.

Also, pre-orders open up 21st July. (as evidenced by a online chat with a customer service person in India.

Oh, and before anyone says "proof plx", it was all over the TOR forums, which are currently down for maintenance. When they are back up, go to the general forums and look up a post with well over 100 pages, detailing everything.

Also, here's links to some pictures from the in-store copies:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/20110720072108.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/20110720072000.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/20110720072101.jpg/

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5391/20110720072029.jpg

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9637/20110720072108.jpg

EDIT: Website is back up: use this link ~ http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=381638

Althus

Sep 24, 2010
No way, I will never give this much money to any CE, of any game.
But that´s just me.
But we don´t know if this the legit CE or not.
So wait and see, what they will announce.
But real collectors that like this sort of think probably wont think twice about buy it no matter the price.
There is always someone that pays extra for the "rarity" items in game, always, its that sense of having that rare thing that so few have.
In the end it´s just the "mine is bigger and rarer the yours ".

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Fappy said:
Hopefully the exclusive vendor just offers items that will make leveling at low levels more convenient. Don't sell us power! D:
Yeah, but thinking back to The Black Emporium... I don't know, this could be a serious problem for the game down the road.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
There barely anything in that Collector's Edition to be worth that price tag,but as we all know that all the diehard Star Wars fans will probably buy it nonetheless,no matter the price.

If I get the chance to get in the beta I might try it out.After seeing the gameplay demo from E3 I found the interface to be lacking and ugly.

I think I'd rather remain to my World of Warcraft and maybe give Guild Wars 2 a chance when it will be released.

Von Strimmer

Apr 17, 2011
hmmm 210 US. What is that in Australian dollars? About $190ish? Oh wait this is a game isn't it. It'll be about $400 Australian then. My heart goes to our New Zealand brothers and Sisters who will end up being asked to pay about $500

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
I absolutely refuse to play any game that sells bonus power. What's worse, this is a -subscription- game, not free-to-play! Honestly, if these collector's bonuses offer even a tiny combat advantage they just lost potential years of revenue from me.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Wow. True story: you can get a lightsaber hilt custom machined from your own design for less than this shit is going for.

I'm the biggest Star Wars fan on these forums, but Bioware can eat shit if this is all thats in their limited edition.

jokulhaups

Aug 13, 2008
Skimming through this article I got so excited when I saw I could get a flare gun but my dreams came crashing down when I realized it was only a digital flare gun. A real flare gun would've justified any price.

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
matrix3509 said:
Wow. True story: you can get a lightsaber hilt custom machined from your own design for less than this shit is going for.

I'm the biggest Star Wars fan on these forums, but Bioware can eat shit if this is all thats in their limited edition.
*Pauses his autobook "death troopers" playing at work*

Biggest Star Wars fan here you say... >.> perhaps. LOL. But I'm with you. The only thing that bothers me is the idea they'd be dumb enough to put some game altering extra in with the CE. That though PISSES me off... Doesn't encourge me to buy.. if anything it makes me more incline not too... but... well... that isn't going to happen. This game will have all my free time when it launches unless it's utter suck. And even then i'd prolly stick it out till i max a Jedi... I'm a pretty big fan myself... >.<