The Spoony One has been ejected from That Guy With the Glasses.

Nov 28, 2007
All I have to say is that, quite possibly, the most entertaining thing to come out of this topic was reading Welshy's rebuttals, and subsequently proving his identity, in his voice. I don't know why that amused me so much. I'd do the same for gookygox, but I have no idea what she sounds like.

Welshy

Jun 25, 2012
mizi said:
Mr.PlanetEater said:
Well color me surprised, unless their twitter's got hacked, I would say they are confirmed real. In which case, holy shit people who are actually involved/are close to those involved on the Escapist of all places? D:
I'm amazed too! I thought it was just someone who wanted to post their bizarre, conspiracy theory fanfiction as three different people. Thanks for posting that proof Welshy, you've been very patient with us :).

And That said:
As to Welshy (or Matt), why do you care so much dude? Of all the places on the internet where this drama is taking place, why do you care enough to make a brand new account, justify yourself to random people, and counter-argue with that Austin guy? I'd like to think people here are smarter than to believe some random creepy bottom-feeeder suddenly unveiling some unheard of story of how bad you all are. In fact, the very fact that you paid enough attention here to begin with will draw a lot more attention to that guy than he deserves.
This Austichar guy sounds like he's a few beers short of a six pack. But I'm sure there are many reading this forum who would have taken his story as proof of wrongdoing by Holly, so I think they were justified in wanting to tell their side of the story.
Pretty much what mizi said and I'll be completely honest, given how quick people will sometimes be to take one side of a story over another, without hearing both sides, I wanted to voice my opinion on it, more so just so you could see another side of it. You're right, this actually gives Austin more attention, but it also points out the holes in his original message and leaves things open to question. This way you can look at his post and my post and decide for yourself. It's more so because he made a vented post about someone who really, at MAG, went out of her way to make sure he didn't up getting booted. There's always 2 sides to every story and...without sounding like I'm sucking up...it's actually a nice change to be on a forum where people are willing to take that into account.

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
Welshy said:
mizi said:
Mr.PlanetEater said:
Well color me surprised, unless their twitter's got hacked, I would say they are confirmed real. In which case, holy shit people who are actually involved/are close to those involved on the Escapist of all places? D:
I'm amazed too! I thought it was just someone who wanted to post their bizarre, conspiracy theory fanfiction as three different people. Thanks for posting that proof Welshy, you've been very patient with us :).

And That said:
As to Welshy (or Matt), why do you care so much dude? Of all the places on the internet where this drama is taking place, why do you care enough to make a brand new account, justify yourself to random people, and counter-argue with that Austin guy? I'd like to think people here are smarter than to believe some random creepy bottom-feeeder suddenly unveiling some unheard of story of how bad you all are. In fact, the very fact that you paid enough attention here to begin with will draw a lot more attention to that guy than he deserves.
This Austichar guy sounds like he's a few beers short of a six pack. But I'm sure there are many reading this forum who would have taken his story as proof of wrongdoing by Holly, so I think they were justified in wanting to tell their side of the story.
Pretty much what mizi said and I'll be completely honest, given how quick people will sometimes be to take one side of a story over another, without hearing both sides, I wanted to voice my opinion on it, more so just so you could see another side of it. You're right, this actually gives Austin more attention, but it also points out the holes in his original message and leaves things open to question. This way you can look at his post and my post and decide for yourself. It's more so because he made a vented post about someone who really, at MAG, went out of her way to make sure he didn't up getting booted. There's always 2 sides to every story and...without sounding like I'm sucking up...it's actually a nice change to be on a forum where people are willing to take that into account.
Oh Welshy, I could never think or believe bad things about you.

I mean, I intend for you to one day be the father of our man babies.

Welshy

Jun 25, 2012
Khazoth said:
Welshy said:
mizi said:
Mr.PlanetEater said:

And That said:
Oh Welshy, I could never think or believe bad things about you.

I mean, I intend for you to one day be the father of our man babies.
So long as one of them gets into College that's fine by me.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Welshy said:
mizi said:
Mr.PlanetEater said:

And That said:
Stick around then, man. We're not without our regular infestation of trolls, but the Escapist generally has rather thoughtful users willing to take into account that not all sides are ever perfectly correct..... though that little good quality is almost always countered with the generally sarcastic and elitist tone that we all seem to have here...

..... Hey, at least we're better than Reddit! I do admit though that this thread is the most I've ever seen anything CA related discussed in my time here, but still, it's not often we get internet celebrities posting (mutual ass kissing...)

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
CriticKitten said:
I don't think it's prediction, per se.
How would you describe it, then, when she sets events in motion such that her entire strategy depends on guessing correctly how another party will react?

CriticKitten said:
She, Lupa, and Holly are all known to be friends with each other.
And we can't believe when they say they aren't, because saying they aren't is proof they are. Right, then.

CriticKitten said:
It's funny, I pointed out that money was most likely NOT the reason but that it existed as a motive regardless.
I did not say you said it's the reason. I said I dismiss it as a possible reason because I believe it's too unlikely.

CriticKitten said:
Or (and this is just a wild notion based on real life, but bear with it) maybe it's not revenge?
I should be pissed off at that bit of parenthetical snark, but it was actually kind of funny, so, props for that. Sorry; please continue with what you were saying.

CriticKitten said:
Maybe she just hates his guts? He doesn't exactly project the cheeriest disposition, the sort of happy persona that you can't help but love, you know.
Then you suggest the triggering event that she seeks to punish is a steady stream of unpleasantness directed at her?

CriticKitten said:
You keep pretending that it's simply not possible for someone to dislike another person for irrational reasons, and yet I'm quite certain you and most anyone else can think of something that you don't or didn't like for either irrational or non-existent reasons.
I do tend to assume that people who are intelligent enough to support themselves financially via their own creative arts are people intelligent enough not to go around hating people for no cause, but that's not really my point. My point is, a lot of people have argued, "Ms. Pregler is out to get Mr. Antwiler!" and, to memory, you are the only person to suggest a possible reason why she would want to. It's like the proponents of this theory refuse to even imagine a situation in which Mr. Antwiler has done anything that could be perceived as wrong by sane people, so the theory hinges on the idea that all the women in the case are insane and hate him because the voices in their heads tell them to.

CriticKitten said:
I'm not convinced that such a plot necessarily has to hinge on revenge at all.
Fair enough.

CriticKitten said:
You could have saved yourself a lot of time by writing what you really meant:

"I have no way of proving that it is projection, therefore you are right, it's just a meaningless and stupid ad hominem attack and I apologize for insulting you for no reason."
So you deny that you can learn who someone is by listening to the stories he tells?

CriticKitten said:
No one said you did, but if you intend to convince people to believe your point of view, then be willing to offer up evidence.
I was willing; I was also unable, since, once again, the source I was citing had been deleted and I couldn't even remember the full name of the fellow taking credit. Do not conflate inability with unwillingness.

CriticKitten said:
And don't insult people when they refuse to buy into your argument without evidence.
Either you're very thin-skinned or I'm calloused to the point of a total loss of empathy, because while I can sort of dimly understand why you might think the uncomplimentary things I've said about you previously are "personal attacks," I have no idea what in the paragraph you were quoting counts as an insult. Or are you just throwing this out as some kind of obfuscation defense, to remind everyone that I'm the bad guy because I say mean things? No, seriously, that option is the only one I can come up with that makes any sense to me, and it doesn't even make that much sense.

CriticKitten said:
You most certainly have. You're trying to dismiss my argument by suggesting that it's "projection" (which is a personal attack), and on multiple occasions you questioned my intelligence or some other part of me.
No, I have not. Dismissing your theory if I think it has a faulty foundation is not a personal attack; it is the only response I am capable of formulating when I find someone's logic unconvincing, and I doubt very sincerely that you can keep a straight face while suggesting you aren't doing the same to me. That's fine. That's what a debate is.

All the same, I have never said one word about your intelligence. The closest I have come is to say that your opinion of your reading comprehension is overinflated. So what? Reading comprehension is a learned and practiced skill, not some fundamental part of your make-up. I don't think you're as good at it as you do. We disagree on that. Since when is disagreement a personal attack? We also disagree about whether I know people as well as I think I do; were you personally attacking me with that statement?

CriticKitten said:
If you're incapable of civility and you legitimately don't see how you're being rude and inconsiderate of others' opinions right now, then don't expect a conversation with me after this point.
I don't expect anything from you. I am responding to you because I think you are unfairly vilifying a woman who, while not innocent, deserves better than to be cast in the role of the Wicked Stepmother here; and that unfairness offends me, so I have to say something about it.

CriticKitten said:
I have better things to do than try to explain how your behavior is insulting.
And I hope you have fun doing those things. I still think your rush to deny every piece of contrary evidence presented about Mr. Antwiler's termination so that you can craft a story in which there is a villain to blame is insupportable by either logic or the available facts.

Welshy

Jun 25, 2012
TheDrunkNinja said:
Welshy said:
mizi said:
Mr.PlanetEater said:

And That said:
Stick around then, man. We're not without our regular infestation of trolls, but the Escapist generally has rather thoughtful users willing to take into account that not all sides are ever perfectly correct..... though that little good quality is almost always countered with the generally sarcastic and elitist tone that we all seem to have here...

..... Hey, at least we're better than Reddit! I do admit though that this thread is the most I've ever seen anything CA related discussed in my time here, but still, it's not often we get internet celebrities posting (mutual ass kissing...)
Oh I'll def stick around. I'm away from Wednesday for a week filming but then I'll be around to post and mingle. Lol, thanks, although I wouldn't call myself an internet celebrity. Granted, my aim is to become the new guy with the glasses and completely overthrow CA and build it in my image....

This is a private forum isnt it?

Mr.PlanetEater

May 17, 2009
Welshy said:
Oh I'll def stick around. I'm away from Wednesday for a week filming but then I'll be around to post and mingle. Lol, thanks, although I wouldn't call myself an internet celebrity. Granted, my aim is to become the new guy with the glasses and completely overthrow CA and build it in my image....

Welshy you wouldn't happen to look like this would you?

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Welshy said:

No, but our posts appear to be invisible to anyone with an affinity for running gags, so I think your good.

..... Wait, how are you reading this right now?

The hacker theory just became more plausible...

And I think I just used myself as an example of my previous accusation...

... Oh well, I'll deal.

Welshy

Jun 25, 2012
Mr.PlanetEater said:
Welshy said:

Welshy you wouldn't happen to look like this would you?
I used too, but plastic surgery works wonders. I still don't like my nose though.

gookygox

Jun 25, 2012
Welshy said:

Whoa, wait a minute, according to YouTube I'm the one currently enacting a hostile takeover of Channel Awesome, so does that mean when I'm done you'll take it overthrow it from me? Or this is this now a 3-way-battle

Ian Lutz

Jan 23, 2011
For anyone wondering this is the tweet that started the entire thing:
Gonna be honest this seems less like a rape joke and more of a S&M/bondage joke, since there is nothing in the tweet to suggest that none of this is non-consensual. That said, most people will probably still view it as sexual harassment. As for me, I remain skeptical that this is the reason for Spoony and CA parting ways. Unless of course we get some sort of confirmation from someone involved. In addition, I don't think it really matters so as long as Spoony continues to make videos and neither side shows malice towards one another.

chaosd1

Jul 16, 2008
gookygox said:
Welshy said:

Whoa, wait a minute, according to YouTube I'm the one currently enacting a hostile takeover of Channel Awesome, so does that mean when I'm done you'll take it overthrow it from me? Or this is this now a 3-way-battle
It's a 5-way battle and you know it. Or was that "alliance"? Yeah, let's keep pretending it's an alliance.

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
GothmogII said:
Pandabearparade said:
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/site-news/general-updates/35675-a-farewell-to-noah-antwiler-aka-spoonyone-with-ca

I view this as very good news. Spoony is best served raw and unrestrained. That Guy With the Glasses was just a big censorship albatross chained around Noah's neck.
Don't really know what you're talking about...the only thing TGWTG censors in its videos is nudity. Most everything else is fair game. :/

Besides which, despite all this mess I think the bigger issue is Antwiler's mental state right now. If he's just blowing off steam, fair enough, but he's previously being diagnosed with depression, and really it shows. Just compare some of his more recent videos with some from a couple of years ago. He looks haggard, worn down. He's still more than capable of dishing out the rage and laughs, but...I don't know, he doesn't look healthy.

He -says- he wants to keep making vids, because it's what he enjoys doing...but I wonder if he should just take a break for a while, take a vacation, maybe see a counsellor. IT just doesn't seem right for his fans to be egging him on, like everything is hunky dory dandy, "now get back to making us videos dammmit!" etc.

It's all very sad.
We agreee i would like to help him, he seem to need it and i like him very much... But heh i never contacted him before it would be weird to do that right now hope he have someone close who will help

random281

Mar 10, 2012
All I'm really wondering at this point is how this all affected ChaosD1's Birthday.

Happy Birthday!

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
gookygox said:
Welshy said:

See this is the exact smug attitude I'm talking about Holly, way to uphold your company image and way to prove me right. thanks!

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I'm kind of glad in a way. Channel Awesome is pretty god damn terrible. Spoony put out the best quality entertainment on the site IMO. Yes this is subjective.

I wish I could like stuff like JesuOtaku but how can you call yourself a right and proper Otaku and watch your god damn anime in English? Even stuff people claim as being good dubs, like FLCL, to me are just fucking terrible. I could not stand it. I had to shut it off, it was embarrassingly terrible.

Really, besides Spoony I only like Angry Joe.
Yes, this is an opinionated rant.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
See this is the exact smug attitude I'm talking about, Holly. Way to uphold your company image and way to prove me right. Thanks!
Are...are you being serious here? Are you genuinely saying that when someone she is friendly with makes a joke, she is being smug and unprofessional by taking the joke and running with it? Come on. You're being ironic and I'm missing it, right?

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
JimB said:
renaissance_nerd said:
See this is the exact smug attitude I'm talking about, Holly. Way to uphold your company image and way to prove me right. Thanks!
Are...are you being serious here? Are you genuinely saying that when someone she is friendly with makes a joke, she is being smug and unprofessional by taking the joke and running with it? Come on. You're being ironic and I'm missing it, right?
well gee now the same thing could be said of the "joke" noah made that got this whole ball rolling.

If holly or whoever insisted upon Using Noah's twitter to condemn him I don't think it's unreasonable to do the same to her.

If Channel Awesome expects their employees to act in a professional manner at all times on the internet then I would say yea, this is smug.