The Spoony One has been ejected from That Guy With the Glasses.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
AC10 said:
I'm kind of glad in a way. Channel Awesome is pretty god damn terrible. Spoony put out the best quality entertainment on the site IMO. Yes this is subjective.

I wish I could like stuff like JesuOtaku but how can you call yourself a right and proper Otaku and watch your god damn anime in English? Even stuff people claim as being good dubs, like FLCL, to me are just fucking terrible. I could not stand it. I had to shut it off, it was embarrassingly terrible.

Really, besides Spoony I only like Angry Joe.
Yes, this is an opinionated rant.
I have i think 3 anime i prefer in English, Ranma 1/2, You're under arrest and Goldenboy, all the rest Japanese baby!

random281

Mar 10, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
See this is the exact smug attitude I'm talking about Holly, way to uphold your company image and way to prove me right. thanks!
I'd say that she's not taking your bait, but you can spin that however you want.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
random281 said:
renaissance_nerd said:
See this is the exact smug attitude I'm talking about Holly, way to uphold your company image and way to prove me right. thanks!
I'd say that she's not taking your bait, but you can spin that however you want.
There was no bait it was just a statement. believe me after the last week the last thing I want is to get into a flame war... but I will.. if i have to.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
Nurb said:
An inappropriate joke?

OPEN WIDE KIDS, CUZ I'M GONNA GRAPE YA IN THE MOUTH!
nope sorry the Channel Awesome police has decreed that no one shall ever make any kind of joke, satire, limerick, haiku , anecdote or any other form of metaphorical language having to do with the subject of non consenting sex. because they control Twitter and the rest of the Internets after all.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
Well gee now, the same thing could be said of the "joke" Noah made that got this whole ball rolling.
Except for the part where it wasn't the rape/BDSM/whatever it was joke that got anything rolling.

renaissance_nerd said:
If Holly or whoever insisted upon using Noah's Twitter to condemn him
She didn't.

renaissance_nerd said:
If Channel Awesome expects their employees to act in a professional manner at all times on the internet, then I would say yeah, this is smug.
What you would say has no inherent bearing on what is true.

Edited out some misquotes. Sorry again, RT.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
JimB said:
renaissance_nerd said:
Well gee now, the same thing could be said of the "joke" Noah made that got this whole ball rolling.
Except for the part where it wasn't the rape/BDSM/whatever it was joke that got anything rolling.

RT said:
If Holly or whoever insisted upon using Noah's Twitter to condemn him
She didn't.

RT said:
If Channel Awesome expects their employees to act in a professional manner at all times on the internet, then I would say yeah, this is smug.
What you would say has no inherent bearing on what is true.
and I suppose you are the almighty god of fact. Both sides (pro and against Noah) have said it was about twitter. One camp mantains it wasnt about the rape joke and the other one does.

so what magical knowledge do you have that everyone else doesn't to cry foul at anyone's interpretation?

mizi

Oct 10, 2009
renaissance_nerd said:
AC10 said:
I'm kind of glad in a way. Channel Awesome is pretty god damn terrible. Spoony put out the best quality entertainment on the site IMO. Yes this is subjective.

I wish I could like stuff like JesuOtaku but how can you call yourself a right and proper Otaku and watch your god damn anime in English? Even stuff people claim as being good dubs, like FLCL, to me are just fucking terrible. I could not stand it. I had to shut it off, it was embarrassingly terrible.

I have i think 3 anime i prefer in English, Ranma 1/2, You're under arrest and Goldenboy, all the rest Japanese baby!
I've been an Otaku for a decade and will happily watch anime in either language, reading subtitles doesn't make you a more dedicated fan.

Also, JO's probably the best anime reviewer on the internet IMO. Her extremely indepth look at Digimon(of all things) is a sight to behold.

gookygox said:
Welshy said:
Oh I'll def stick around. I'm away from Wednesday for a week filming but then I'll be around to post and mingle. Lol, thanks, although I wouldn't call myself an internet celebrity. Granted, my aim is to become the new guy with the glasses and completely overthrow CA and build it in my image....

This is a private forum isnt it?
Whoa, wait a minute, according to YouTube I'm the one currently enacting a hostile takeover of Channel Awesome, so does that mean when I'm done you'll take it overthrow it from me? Or this is this now a 3-way-battle
I'm not sure, did Welshy qualify to be part of your army of evil? If not then maybe you should reconsider, I think he could be useful (the accent is also a plus) :)

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
mizi said:
renaissance_nerd said:
AC10 said:

I've been an Otaku for a decade and will happily watch anime in either language, reading subtitles doesn't make you a more dedicated fan.

Also, JO's probably the best anime reviewer on the internet IMO. Her extremely indepth look at Digimon(of all things) is a sight to behold.
I'm not bashing Hope, nor am I condemning those that like English better, I'm just stating my preference.

random281

Mar 10, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
There was no bait it was just a statement. believe me after the last week the last thing I want is to get into a flame war... but I will.. if i have to.
Come on man, it's fairly obvious you just don't like Holly Christine for some odd reason. Your post history alone makes that apparent. If you're not trying to bait her into an argument, what's your intention?

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
random281 said:
renaissance_nerd said:
Come on man, it's fairly obvious you just don't like Holly Christine for some odd reason. Your post history alone makes that apparent. If you're not trying to bait her into an argument, what's your intention?
To illustrate her lack of professionalism? To show what a hypocrite she is? To illustrate that Noah got at least some of a raw deal? Noah is not a saint by any means but i still believe there were other things in play that led to his dismissal. And it actually feels nice to state my opinion on this forum without the threat of members of TGWTG (or its fans) strong-arming people into silence (as they did on the TGWTG forums)

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
RT said:
Sorry about that; I have no idea how that happened. I'll go back and edit it.

...Oh, wait, I know how it happened: I was copying and pasting your name in another thread, and I pasted it here too instead of copying the other guy. Sorry again! My mistake.

renaissance_nerd said:
I suppose you are the almighty god of fact.
Well, I do accept sacrifices in my name. I'm especially fond of the scent of the a fatted calf's burning thigh.

renaissance_nerd said:
Both sides (pro and against Noah) have said it was about Twitter.
Yes. Twitter. Not the original joke. Twitter =/= that one single "Hey JesuOtaku I wanna chain you up in my basement" message.

renaissance_nerd said:
So what magical knowledge do you have that everyone else doesn't to cry foul at anyone's interpretation?
Testimony from people who claim responsibility for the whole event, combined with testimony made by people who actually have access to the e-mails sent to thatguywiththeglasses.com.

gookygox

Jun 25, 2012
mizi said:
I'm not sure, did Welshy qualify to be part of your army of evil? If not then maybe you should reconsider, I think he could be useful (the accent is also a plus) :)
Good point! He is very charming! (Though he claims not to be and it's all coincidence)

chaosd1 said:
It's a 5-way battle and you know it. Or was that "alliance"? Yeah, let's keep pretending it's an alliance.
5-way alliance it is!

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
JimB said:
RT said:
Sorry about that; I have no idea how that happened. I'll go back and edit it.

...Oh, wait, I know how it happened: I was copying and pasting your name in another thread, and I pasted it here too instead of copying the other guy. Sorry again! My mistake.

renaissance_nerd said:
I suppose you are the almighty god of fact.
Well, I do accept sacrifices in my name. I'm especially fond of the scent of the a fatted calf's burning thigh.

renaissance_nerd said:
Both sides (pro and against Noah) have said it was about Twitter.
Yes. Twitter. Not the original joke. Twitter =/= that one single "Hey JesuOtaku I wanna chain you up in my basement" message.

renaissance_nerd said:
So what magical knowledge do you have that everyone else doesn't to cry foul at anyone's interpretation?
Testimony from people who claim responsibility for the whole event, combined with testimony made by people who actually have access to the e-mails sent to thatguywiththeglasses.com.
Right so if it was about content on Twitter (Noah's personal account not affiliated with TGWTG in any way) then that means they expect "professional" behavior in all avenues of communication.

any person that interacted with Noah in this time frame can claim that they are the one that started it , personally i feel Twisted puppet is a glory hound trying to get his 15 minutes of fame from this. or B, he is an acquaintance of Lupa, Scarlett and/or Holly and aided and abetted the three.

As for e-mails i'd love to see them

So far all Welshy and holly have done while here was clear the air on one unrelated matter and attempt misdirection with sarcasm and tomfoolery.

random281

Mar 10, 2012
On the subject of Noah Antwiller, if you've followed him at all over the last year, it should be fairly apparent why he got fired. He released one Video a month that wasn't a Vlog, He's been an absolute prick to everyone on twitter and he started sexually harassing his female co-workers and fans.

Do the math, it's not complicated.

The only thing that should have been done differently is the timing, He should have received that suspension a lot sooner, long before he started getting that out of hand. Perhaps, if disciplinary action has been taken sooner, Spoony and Channel awesome wouldn't have had to part ways.

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Jun 2, 2011
Does it feel like it to anyone else that things at TGWTG are going to get worse before they get better? There's just too many people there silent on this issue and have a bad feeling Spoony leaving is not the only one that's going to happen. Honestly, Doug is probably going to have to make some type of statement beyond the cookie cutter announcement (also, knowing Noah is a wrestling fan, the "future endeavors" line was a nice twist of the knife) since he's the face of the site.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
GeedAwesome said:
Does it feel like it to anyone else that things at TGWTG are going to get worse before they get better? There's just too many people there silent on this issue and have a bad feeling Spoony leaving is not the only one that's going to happen. Honestly, Doug is probably going to have to make some type of statement beyond the cookie cutter announcement (also, knowing Noah is a wrestling fan, the "future endeavors" line was a nice twist of the knife) since he's the face of the site.
Doug and Noah are friends so I can't imagine Doug is 100% fine with this. from what i gathered and this is complete rumor, is that someone (maybe holly) notified Doug via text or phone call and Doug responded something like "handle it, you're in charge"

again pure rumor

if that is true i doubt Doug's "handle it" meant firing Noah.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Well... That ten minute bit of good will and humorous company devolved fairly quickly.

Back to business, everyone!