The Spoony One has been ejected from That Guy With the Glasses.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
Right so if it was about content on Twitter (Noah's personal account not affiliated with TGWTG in any way) then that means they expect "professional" behavior in all avenues of communication.
They expect not to receive complaints about their employees past some unknown-to-me critical mass.

renaissance_nerd said:
I feel Twisted puppet is a glory hound trying to get his fifteen minutes of fame from this.
Yes, I am sure you do.

renaissance_nerd said:
Or he is an acquaintance of Lupa, Scarlett and/or Holly and aided and abetted the three.
..."Aided and abetted?" Really? That's the level of drama you're assigning to this?

You know what? My first instinct, to make jokes about how I'm a god who loves to receive sacrifice, was clearly the correct one, because there is just no way I can take your crap seriously.

renaissance_nerd said:
As for e-mails I'd love to see them.
I bet you would. I'd love to see the secret recipe for KFC.

renaissance_nerd said:
So far all Welshy and Holly have done while here was clear the air on one unrelated matter.
The dastards! How dare they talk about something someone else was talking about first! Death is too good for them!

The Material Sheep

Nov 12, 2009
I'm new so bare with me while I put my two cents down.

ANYWAY.

I've been in situations similar to this MAINLY in the context of World of Warcraft guilds, in which one party goes after another over a number of behavior issues they specifically don't like. While not excusing the behavior in question going about dealing with that behavior in an antagonistic or passive aggresive manner is just mean spirited. As many people say two wrong don't make a right. Lupa whether she was directly involved in the firing of Noah or not, she has been antagonizing the guy in a very passive aggresive manner knowing the guy couldn't say anything back at risk of being fired.

Spoony needs help... he needs to back off the interwebs and have a serious break... I've seen him being a nice guy when he's not at a low point and granted he's been at a low point for some time now. I know he can be a nice guy again, and be better then this whole mess. That's why I'm more then willing to forgive the guy for some attrocious behavior that he must answer for, so long as he DOES get some real proffesional help and just doesn't bask in his woe is me state. Lupa on the other hand is out as a mean passive aggresive person with a serious case of self rightousness. Perhaps there is more to this, but to me.. I just feel sorry for Spoony and wish him the best, and hope he finds a better group of friends who are more willing to support him when he's lashing out like this, instead of berrating him and telling him he's shit over a blog post.

Joe, and Brad have my eternal respect for sticking with Spoony, not condoning his actions but being there to help him get through this stuff.

random281

Mar 10, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
To illustrate her lack of professionalism? To show what a hypocrite she is? To illustrate that Noah got at least some of a raw deal? Noah is not a saint by any means but i still believe there were other things in play that led to his dismissal. And it actually feels nice to state my opinion on this forum without the threat of members of TGWTG (or its fans) strong-arming people into silence (as they did on the TGWTG forums)
Raw Deal? You're kidding, right? The guy had a dream job. All he had to do to not screw it up was make a couple videos a month and not be a prick. He couldn't handle that. In fact, it seems he didn't want it anymore. He wanted to be an asshole to people on twitter, he wanted to wallow in self-pity and he didn't want to play by anyone's rules anymore. The man was given more leeway then anyone should be given and still he wanted to push.

You could not walk into your job and do the things he did for even a day without being shown the door, He kept this shit up for over six months. He was taking his bullshit out on his fans, he wasn't producing anywhere near what others were putting out and he crossed the lines we all have to live within far too many times. To say he got anything less then what he deserved and what he wanted is just plain wrong.

mizi

Oct 10, 2009
GeedAwesome said:
Does it feel like it to anyone else that things at TGWTG are going to get worse before they get better? There's just too many people there silent on this issue and have a bad feeling Spoony leaving is not the only one that's going to happen. Honestly, Doug is probably going to have to make some type of statement beyond the cookie cutter announcement (also, knowing Noah is a wrestling fan, the "future endeavors" line was a nice twist of the knife) since he's the face of the site.
I dunno, I think things are returning to normal. Noah has stopped with the twitter-rage and claims to be working on the next part of the ultima review. I haven't heard of any other recent twitter angst from tgwtg crew. As a long time fan of channel awesome, I think It would be nice if Doug gave us some kind of statement about the situation, even a really whitewashed one would be better than nothing. But I'd understand if they decided to say nothing beyond what was on the press release. I mean, anything could ignite another flame war and more rounds of speculation at this point.

The link that spoony posted yesterday on his twitter is sums up the post meltdown situation perfectly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ADh8Fs3YdU

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
Raw Deal?
yea I don't feel that a persons personal twitter account should be used as a basis for termination when a perfectly acceptable solution would be unfollowing him and blocking him. it's not like he said whatever he said on TGWTG official forums/site/function/ get together.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
GeedAwesome said:
Does it feel like it to anyone else that things at TGWTG are going to get worse before they get better? There's just too many people there silent on this issue and have a bad feeling Spoony leaving is not the only one that's going to happen. Honestly, Doug is probably going to have to make some type of statement beyond the cookie cutter announcement (also, knowing Noah is a wrestling fan, the "future endeavors" line was a nice twist of the knife) since he's the face of the site.
I doubt it, if they haven't done so by now it's because CA doesn't have the balls to really properly address it the way The Escapist addressed their problems.

Mr.PlanetEater

May 17, 2009
TheDrunkNinja said:
Well... That ten minute bit of good will and humorous company devolved fairly quickly.

Back to business, everyone!
Aye, like the Christmas truce of '14, the goodwill between both sides t'was only meant to last a day.

Teleportman

Jun 24, 2012
Ian Lutz said:
For anyone wondering this is the tweet that started the entire thing:
Gonna be honest this seems less like a rape joke and more of a S&M/bondage joke, since there is nothing in the tweet to suggest that none of this is non-consensual. That said, most people will probably still view it as sexual harassment. As for me, I remain skeptical that this is the reason for Spoony and CA parting ways. Unless of course we get some sort of confirmation from someone involved. In addition, I don't think it really matters so as long as Spoony continues to make videos and neither side shows malice towards one another.
Nope, rape joke. Go to Noah's twitter and you can se him making more in the last few days so he acknowledges it as a rape. He has not ranted about bondage or the like (it would be easy for him to rant about "bondage now being considered rape" or the like but not a word).
And also this:
https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/statuses/216171032028004355

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Welshy said:
Khazoth said:
Welshy said:
mizi said:
Mr.PlanetEater said:
Well color me surprised, unless their twitter's got hacked, I would say they are confirmed real. In which case, holy shit people who are actually involved/are close to those involved on the Escapist of all places? D:
I'm amazed too! I thought it was just someone who wanted to post their bizarre, conspiracy theory fanfiction as three different people. Thanks for posting that proof Welshy, you've been very patient with us :).

And That said:
As to Welshy (or Matt), why do you care so much dude? Of all the places on the internet where this drama is taking place, why do you care enough to make a brand new account, justify yourself to random people, and counter-argue with that Austin guy? I'd like to think people here are smarter than to believe some random creepy bottom-feeeder suddenly unveiling some unheard of story of how bad you all are. In fact, the very fact that you paid enough attention here to begin with will draw a lot more attention to that guy than he deserves.
This Austichar guy sounds like he's a few beers short of a six pack. But I'm sure there are many reading this forum who would have taken his story as proof of wrongdoing by Holly, so I think they were justified in wanting to tell their side of the story.
Pretty much what mizi said and I'll be completely honest, given how quick people will sometimes be to take one side of a story over another, without hearing both sides, I wanted to voice my opinion on it, more so just so you could see another side of it. You're right, this actually gives Austin more attention, but it also points out the holes in his original message and leaves things open to question. This way you can look at his post and my post and decide for yourself. It's more so because he made a vented post about someone who really, at MAG, went out of her way to make sure he didn't up getting booted. There's always 2 sides to every story and...without sounding like I'm sucking up...it's actually a nice change to be on a forum where people are willing to take that into account.
Oh Welshy, I could never think or believe bad things about you.

I mean, I intend for you to one day be the father of our man babies.
So long as one of them gets into College that's fine by me.
Welshy, dear sir, what can you (and would be willing to) divulge to us about the innerworkings of channel awesome?

mizi

Oct 10, 2009
TheDrunkNinja said:
Well... That ten minute bit of good will and humorous company devolved fairly quickly.

25 pages of bitching and angst definitely set a tone that's hard to reverse.. But I'll give it a shot.

We could try seeing this conflict in a early 90s fantasy action manga kind of way--

TGWTG Battalion of Evil, lead by the high witch queen does epic battle with Dr Insano's experimental army of scantily-clad robots of HATE over the hapless land of PublicOpinionia. The robots' rage was mighty and unquenchable, but the evil army fought with power, skill and cunning. Ringing steel and blood curdling screams of "BETRAYAL" rung out across the battlefield, but the denizen's of this land could only watch in bemusement and horror as these two armies of immense power destroyed everything around them (though some denizens tried to fight back by lobbing rocks filled with profanity and sarcasm into the fray. This was ultimately a pointless endeavour.)

The armies fought to a standstill after 4 days and nights, Neither side had gained the absolute victory that they desired. Embarrassed by the outcome, the eternal foes parted ways, one rode to the land of the red rings, the other returned to the metropolis of the colossus blue robot. Never did they mention the terrible war again.

Edit: Oh yes, Battalion of Evil members Welshy and ChaoSD1 lived happily ever after and had many man-babies together....one of which went to college. Hurray!

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
SaneAmongInsane said:
Welshy said:
Khazoth said:
Welshy said:
mizi said:
Mr.PlanetEater said:
Well color me surprised, unless their twitter's got hacked, I would say they are confirmed real. In which case, holy shit people who are actually involved/are close to those involved on the Escapist of all places? D:
I'm amazed too! I thought it was just someone who wanted to post their bizarre, conspiracy theory fanfiction as three different people. Thanks for posting that proof Welshy, you've been very patient with us :).

And That said:
As to Welshy (or Matt), why do you care so much dude? Of all the places on the internet where this drama is taking place, why do you care enough to make a brand new account, justify yourself to random people, and counter-argue with that Austin guy? I'd like to think people here are smarter than to believe some random creepy bottom-feeeder suddenly unveiling some unheard of story of how bad you all are. In fact, the very fact that you paid enough attention here to begin with will draw a lot more attention to that guy than he deserves.
This Austichar guy sounds like he's a few beers short of a six pack. But I'm sure there are many reading this forum who would have taken his story as proof of wrongdoing by Holly, so I think they were justified in wanting to tell their side of the story.
Pretty much what mizi said and I'll be completely honest, given how quick people will sometimes be to take one side of a story over another, without hearing both sides, I wanted to voice my opinion on it, more so just so you could see another side of it. You're right, this actually gives Austin more attention, but it also points out the holes in his original message and leaves things open to question. This way you can look at his post and my post and decide for yourself. It's more so because he made a vented post about someone who really, at MAG, went out of her way to make sure he didn't up getting booted. There's always 2 sides to every story and...without sounding like I'm sucking up...it's actually a nice change to be on a forum where people are willing to take that into account.

Welshy, dear sir, what can you (and would be willing to) divulge to us about the innerworkings of channel awesome?
And I was so hoping everyone would have the good sense not to ask him that. Well, if it had to be done, at least it was done quite mannerly at that.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Teleportman said:
Ian Lutz said:
For anyone wondering this is the tweet that started the entire thing:
Gonna be honest this seems less like a rape joke and more of a S&M/bondage joke, since there is nothing in the tweet to suggest that none of this is non-consensual. That said, most people will probably still view it as sexual harassment. As for me, I remain skeptical that this is the reason for Spoony and CA parting ways. Unless of course we get some sort of confirmation from someone involved. In addition, I don't think it really matters so as long as Spoony continues to make videos and neither side shows malice towards one another.
Nope, rape joke. Go to Noah's twitter and you can se him making more in the last few days so he acknowledges it as a rape. He has not ranted about bondage or the like (it would be easy for him to rant about "bondage now being considered rape" or the like but not a word).
And also this:
https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/statuses/216171032028004355
Wouldn't it's pretense of it being rape be based soley and only on JO's willingness to comply?

That be good for a rape joke of some kind... or an absurdest story. A guy that has completely consensual sex with women... then trys and fails to convince everyone he's a rapist because of it. Women has to go to trial and say on the stand "It wasn't rape, I totally consented." Awkward situation for everyone.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
TheDrunkNinja said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Welshy said:
Khazoth said:
Welshy said:
mizi said:
Mr.PlanetEater said:

And That said:

And I was so hoping everyone would have the good sense not to ask him that. Well, if it had to be done, at least it was done quite mannerly at that.

Couldn't be helped. Sides I figured worse case scenario is he just says no.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
mizi said:
TheDrunkNinja said:

25 pages of bitching and angst definitely set a tone that's hard to reverse.. But I'll give it a shot.

We could try seeing this conflict in a early 90s fantasy action manga kind of way--

TGWTG Battalion of Evil, lead by the high witch queen does epic battle with Dr Insano's experimental army of scantily-clad robots of HATE over the hapless land of PublicOpinionia. The robots' rage was mighty and unquenchable, but the evil army fought with power, skill and cunning. Ringing steel and blood curdling screams of "BETRAYAL" rung out across the battlefield, but the denizen's of this land could only watch in bemusement and horror as these two armies of immense power destroyed everything around them (though some denizens tried to fight back by lobbing rocks filled with profanity and sarcasm into the fray. This was ultimately a pointless endeavour.)

The armies fought to a standstill after 4 days and nights, Neither side had gained the absolute victory that they desired. Embarrassed by the outcome, the eternal foes parted ways, one rode to the land of the red rings, the other returned to the metropolis of the colossus blue robot. Never did they mention the terrible war again.

Edit: Oh yes, Battalion of Evil members Welshy and ChaoSD1 lived happily ever after and had many man-babies together....one of which went to college. Hurray!
... Hmmmm... Next year's Anniversary Crossover perhaps?!

If only everyone involved had the good humor and maturity to create such a glorious masterpiece... Truly, this would be Channel Awesome's magnum opus if it were to see the light of day.

Zaydin

Mar 2, 2009
The only people I watch regularly on TGWTG are That Guy with the Glasses, Spoony, and Linkara, though with Spoony, I usually watched his stuff on his own website since the TGWTG layout sucks.

That said, this is really a massive case of 'he said, she said', and I doubt we'll learn more. That said, the fact that Lupa dug up a tweet that was like a month or two old to act offended about it now does stike me as suspicious. One can only hope once everyone has a chance to calm down, the various TGWTG contributors will start trying to work things out peacefully.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Zaydin said:
The only people I watch regularly on TGWTG are That Guy with the Glasses, Spoony, and Linkara, though with Spoony, I usually watched his stuff on his own website since the TGWTG layout sucks.

That said, this is really a massive case of 'he said, she said', and I doubt we'll learn more. That said, the fact that Lupa dug up a tweet that was like a month or two old to act offended about it now does stike me as suspicious. One can only hope once everyone has a chance to calm down, the various TGWTG contributors will start trying to work things out peacefully.
Totally.

...Except... c'mon we've gotten this topic this far talking about the Channel Awesome folk, the exact issue aside I'd like to see how far we keep this going.

So yeah someone blame the shit on Lupa again, and then someone else disagree, and then someone disagree with that person.

...I'm actually humbly surprised we've gone nearly 30 pages with out this turning into a "Don't joke about rape EVAR" thread.

Austichar

Jul 18, 2009
So I'd like to apologize to Holly for my post and accusations earlier. Literally everything was a misunderstanding and she never did anything wrong or with goal of "ruining my life". It was extremely inappropriate of me to post something of this personal matter, especially during an already drama moment with everything going on. So I'm sorry to everyone and for misleading people.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Austichar said:
So I'd like to apologize to Holly for my post and accusations earlier. Literally everything was a misunderstanding and she never did anything wrong or with goal of "ruining my life". It was extremely inappropriate of me to post something of this personal matter, especially during an already drama moment with everything going on. So I'm sorry to everyone and for misleading people.
No damn it! Don't learn your listen! Stay on your misguided course to the end damn it!!!! I kid.

I initially read your post and ignored it because I assumed you were a very elaborate troll stirring the pot... if it wasn't for Welshy calling you out I doubt it would of gotten much traction.

...Actually I'm still taking it on faith that it is Welshy. This could all still be an elaborate prank. Just sayin.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Austichar said:
Sounds like an abusive husband excuse to me.