The Treadmill

LenticularHomicide

Oct 24, 2013
Link to the Legendary Engram Twitter is borked. EDIT: Fixed now.
Erin looks rather...serene for a person who's firmly tied to a hopeless addiction.

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
I told myself a million times, don't get on the "hype-wagon". Wait for the reviews, ask friends who own the game if it's good or not. Did I learn? no...Do I regret spending money on Destiny? yes

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
I'm addicted to the skinnerbox, what can I say? *snifffffff* Dude, dude dude, Ioncetotallygotthisepicengramandmybudswerelike"NO WHEH"andIwaslike"WHOOOOAH"soIhadittranslatedandturnsoutIcan'tuseitforanother10LEVELS!*snifffffff*/passes out

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
LenticularHomicide said:
Link to the Legendary Engram Twitter is borked.
Erin looks rather...serene for a person who's firmly tied to a hopeless addiction.
The link should be fixed!

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I probably would have bought this if it had been on PC. Dodged a bullet there I think.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Destiny? What's that?
There is only one drug out there.
Minecraft
[sub][sub]Please, someone save me from myself :( [/sub][/sub]

Dying_Jester

Jul 17, 2014
I'm trying to figure this out myself. The game is shite, yes? But the argument, whether legit or people just trying to justify wasting their money, is that it's really an MMO...but how does this excuse a crappy first showing? Even MMOs need to come out swinging if they want to be able to stick around. From what I've heard Destiny is more like...like a...wow I can't even come up with a funny or good comparison. Something limp and wet, like seeing The Flintstones when you paid to see The Raid 2.

EnigmaticSevens

Sep 18, 2009
Yep, pretty much the general impression I've gotten after a couple weeks of play now. I'm not generally so harsh in my critique because all that negativity requires energy (energy better spend farming for MOTHERFUCKING LEGENDARY ENGRAMS). It's been along time since I last played a game where the bare bones gameplay was tight enough to keep me going despite laughable excuses at story and a deep lack of mission structure variety. Additionally, group play is addictive, and I say that as an almost strictly single-player gamer. Jump in a clan, hop online with a buddy, and let the madness ensue. I know the general rule of thumb is anything can be fun with a buddy, but that's a known fallacy, a good team design promotes team play. So... Destiny exists in a strange purgatory. There exists the possibility that out and out gangbuster set of DLC will alleviate many, if not all of my concerns, but that DLC better be hella cheap, with an immense content/cost ratio to avoid another round of public backlash. Or perhaps we have an Assassin's Creed on our hand where the numerous sins of the original are corrected in the sequel.

But yeah, 8 out of 10, would do another line

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Ooh, Velocity 2X looks really good. Thanks, people!

...And Borderlands 2 is great!

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
blackrave said:
Destiny? What's that?
There is only one drug out there.
Minecraft
[sub][sub]Please, someone save me from myself :( [/sub][/sub]
Thou shalt be glad thateth thee hast not fallen into ye trap known as tvtropes!

Even moreso that thee hast not yet read the ye olde butcherede englishe entry as thou canst no doubt discern I haveth, zounds!

wAriot

Jan 18, 2013
I'm usually very critical and negative about video games.

I just can't make the effort for Destiny. It's just so mediocre, I can't highlight anything bad. Or good. I can't highlight anything at all.
Something/10.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
Because Destiny seems completely bland, let's discuss more important topics.

What does cocaine smell like? Just out of interest.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
$70?! what to fuck? why does it cost more than the other games?

Well glad i jump off the hype train when they started showing real gameplay. Save me some money best spent on Stronghold: Crusader 2 :p

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Ya...no it fails hard so I will pass. Its a MMO and I hate the grindy nature of MMOs without heavy customization a MMO is not worth playing.

Norithics

Jul 4, 2013
From what I've seen of it, calling Destiny an MMO is kind of a shot at MMOs. Like at one point they could do whatever and what could you do? They were the only ones of their kind. But these days the few that actually remain after launch usually have some stuff to them that doesn't make you feel like you're in a halfway house for junkies. Destiny looks like all the seriousness of Borderlands, all the finesse of Global Agenda and none of what anybody expected.

Weird. I kinda miss Global Agenda now. But not enough to re-install. :T

themilo504

May 9, 2010
I get the feeling this is going to be remembered as the year of disappointing overhyped games, thankfully smash bros is almost certainly going to be good so this year won?t be a complete disappointment.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
Dying_Jester said:
The game is shite, yes?
I don't know anyone that has called it shit that has played it, just nothing special(except Dunkey, but that's his thing). The game is an alright shooter with lots of room to improve. Nothing to get into if you aren't already sucked in just yet, but it works if you already play it.

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
A galling lack of content for a $70 dollar game? Let's see....6-7 hour story mode and 10 multiplayer maps <11 if you're on PS4>? Sounds like...you know.....every Call of Duty or Battlefield game released in the past 5 years? I suppose all those are shite too.

Personally, I'm /not/ a fan of the latter two series, but I'm enjoying Destiny. Does it live up to the hype? No, but I find it enjoyable. Obviously, YMMV but let's not forget that the amount of content in the game is about standard for a modern FPS these days. That's a sad commentary on gaming, but true nonetheless.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Not to toot my own horn but... wait, I said that wrong. To toot my own horn, I saw this coming from day 1; I am flabbergasted that so many people bought into Bungie and Microsoft's bullshit.

What, precisely, about Destiny's eight-million fucking trailers ever suggested it was anything more than a soulless, design by committee checklist of popular MMO and FPS (The two most saturated genres in the modern gaming industry) elements?