The undefeated video game Boss

liquidangry

Feb 18, 2011
Ranubis said:
The final battle in Prototype.
For all my helicopter-hijacking skills, I kept taking the pilot seat just in time for a flying hunk of deck to smack me out of the sky, and kept getting insta-killed by the Devestator attack.
Ugh, THAT battle. I did beat it on normal...barely. Nobody can say the final boss battle is anti-climactic. One of the hardest boss battles I've ever played for any game. I don't even want to know how batshit insane it would be to beat it on a higher difficulty.

Darks63 said:
The last Guy In prototype I could take him but the whole time limit thing really screwed with me and limited my options.
I KNOW! If he doesn't get you THAT DOES!

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
natster43 said:
Lu Bu in the Dynasty Warriors series. End of discussion. Any game he is in he is the hardest character to kill and when he first shows up can one shot you.
Zhou Tai in Dynstay Warriors 4 says otherwise.

Zhou Tai's Musous is a world of epic and win.

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
liquidangry said:
Ranubis said:
For all my helicopter-hijacking skills, I kept taking the pilot seat just in time for a flying hunk of deck to smack me out of the sky, and kept getting insta-killed by the Devestator attack.
Ugh, THAT battle. I did beat it on normal...barely. Nobody can say the final boss battle is anti-climactic. One of the hardest boss battles I've ever played for any game. I don't even want to know how batshit insane it would be to beat it on a higher difficulty.

Darks63 said:
The last Guy In prototype I could take him but the whole time limit thing really screwed with me and limited my options.
The last boss is easy. All you have to do is run around grabbing various things and lobbing them at him.

TimDave

Feb 3, 2011
Going way back to being barely knee-high to a grasshopper, Crocomire from Super Metroid. Having to shoot him into the lava, rather than a set health I could deplete, killed me many, many, MANY times. Eventually got my older brother to beat him, continued with game. Came back years later and wiped the floor with him. Older reflexes equal more awesome classic gameplaying.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Miles000 said:
Crawmerax the invincible from Borderlands. He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO big. Doesn't help I tried to take him alone.
You know the trick spot to stand right? That makes it way easier.

Eclectic Dreck said:
GameNeo said:
Arcticflame said:
Look at my display picture.

Now WEEP.
*Presses F key*
I hate that I didn't find out there was a "go faster" button until years after the fact.
Learn that from xkcd?

liquidangry

Feb 18, 2011
Trolldor said:
The last boss is easy. All you have to do is run around grabbing various things and lobbing them at him.
Well, I went the obvious way of smacking him to death and was DANGEROUSLY close to timing out for the 5th time. I just couldn't figure out how to deal enough damage without out getting beaten to death at the time. Throwing stuff hadn't been necessary for any boss or any enemy prior so it never occurred to be to start grabbing the planes. There weren't that many and they were far away or destroyed in the chaos. I'll have to reinstall that game at some point and try that out, it's been awhile anyway...

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
SL33TBL1ND said:
Miles000 said:
Crawmerax the invincible from Borderlands. He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO big. Doesn't help I tried to take him alone.
No? Tell me your secrets...NOW!

....please

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
in The Legend of Spyro2, the damn pirate boss was undefeatable for me, to the point where I just gave up... damn pirates...

Spawny0908

Feb 11, 2009
Miles000 said:
If your a siren you can solo him. It's hard but with the right skills it can be done. In fact I can see every class except the hunter soloing him... Sadly I like to be a hunter.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Not that this boss takes any particular skill or strategy to beat beyond swimming up and whacking with your sword until it dies, but the water-dragon/lochness monster thing from ninja gaiden 2 turned me off of the series. The boss is challenging I guess but you literally beat this fucker by swimming up to it, hitting it and absorbing its hits hoping it dies before you run out of pots. Now it was about that time when I realized... hey... this game's bosses have all been lame ESPECIALLY when compared to ninja gaiden on xbox.

To summarize, the lochness monster from ninja gaiden 2 isn't particularly difficult but rather it highlights the flawed (read boring) game design. Fuck that game.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Original Bubs said:
Cogwheel said:
Currently, the Manticore in Etrian Odyssey 3 is giving me trouble. Should try again now that I have Prevent Order.
Which Strata is that in?
Sea quest, actually. Boss of the Dark Forest, comes after the three Mistletoes. It doesn't hit that hard, but lacks elemental weaknesses. Also, all its attacks hit the full party, and have status effects: Darkness Coil (blind/curse), Poison Tail (poison), Lullaby (sleep) and, worst of all, Petrivoice (confusion/petrify).

Basically it's a colossal pain to fight. Prevent Order and Party Heal, once I get them, should help a lot.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
If my friend Anna were in a video game, she'd be the unbeatable boss of Risk. Seriously though, it's not fair. I cannot roll consistent 6's to save my life (which is why my armies are destroyed).

kinggamecat

Aug 7, 2010
I gotta say Larxene from Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories for the PS2

THAT ***** PARALYZES YOU WITH A NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO DOGE ATTACK THEN SPANS YOU WITH A LOT OF HIGH DAMAGE ATTACKS!!!

(Possibly more to be posted ^^)

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Miles000 said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
Miles000 said:
No? Tell me your secrets...NOW!

....please
http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=98393&highlight=crawmerax+glitch

That should teach you. If it isn't clear enough, just google Crawmerax Glitch Spot.

Spawny0908 said:
Miles000 said:
If your a siren you can solo him. It's hard but with the right skills it can be done. In fact I can see every class except the hunter soloing him... Sadly I like to be a hunter.
All classes can solo him, it just takes a little luck.

godfist88

Dec 17, 2010
Jasper Bat from No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle. that guy is so cheap, he does this really annoying teleporting move thats ridiculously hard to dodge. I was so close to beating him when he knocked me out the damn window. *sob*

Also

Captcha code: Petitot Kinym? that sounds like a kids show from Australia or something.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
liquidangry said:
Ranubis said:

Darks63 said:
I rented that game and played it on the hardest difficulty... I just could not beat that last boss, it was fucked. I decided to just go and play infamous (which I bought cuz I find it much, much better).

Also the huge battle with that tentacle thing coming out of the ground in the city? It took me forever cuz I had to keep running and hiding to heal up.

urahara75

Aug 21, 2010
Gotta personally go with all the infamously "unbeatable" bonus bosses in ATLUS JRPGs. But especially Demi-Fiend from Digital Devil Saga/Digital Avatar Tuner. Seriously, the whole two methods to not get curbstomped by the guy (insane amounts of level grinding & item farming) still results in you losing @ least 19 out of 20 attempts. And that's if you do it perfectly... I screamed "FML" many a weekend before I just gave up and moved on to other games. My one true RPG gamer's shame.

thrillingsuspense said:
One of the bosses towards the end of Digital Devils Saga. I don't remember who it was.
Was it a story-driven or bonus/side-boss? If the former, you probably mean either [a href="http://images.wikia.com/megamitensei/images/9/9f/Varin_Omega.jpg"]this guy[/a] or [a href="http://images.wikia.com/megamitensei/images/7/79/Mick_the_slug.jpg"]this guy[/a]. If a bonus boss, I'm guessing maybe...[a href="http://lparchive.org/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Digital-Devil-Saga/Update%2042/6-DDS039.jpg"]Orochi[/a]?? This beast does get 8 actions every turn the whole battle!

Icehearted said:
Gill, Street Fighter 3.
Every time I see his bi-pigmented visage I want to punch a kitten to death.
It doesn't help he's so tall, yet all his attacks have higher priority/faster/reach farther/do more hits than every other character. Here's a [a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06oR0R9e-9s"]youtube video showing him getting utterly pwn'd during a guy's roaring rampage of revenge[/a], so you can finally feel vindication-by-proxy if ya want. "Kneel before your master!" I'm so demented... :p