The undefeated video game Boss

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Jecht from final fantasy 10. I hated him so much. I'm surprised he was supposed to be the father of the main character. And there was this other guy who kept showing up though I defeated him over and over, same game. Can't remember his name.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
OutcastBOS said:
Damn you Gideon! Damn youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! *shakes fist in wrath*
Wait, do you mean Gideon from Scott Pilgrim? Because he's PATHETICALLY easy if you managed to hold onto the wrench you get at the beginning of that level.

As for me, I've got two.

First is the boss of Hell in Super Meat Boy. I was actually doing pretty decent at that game, until HE showed up. He stopped my progress like a brick wall... made of meat.

Then there's the last two bosses of Dead Rising 2. I beat them, but GOD were they tough. Probably my fault, as I didn't restart the game at any point during the story. Did it all on one playthrough.

...kinda wish I hadn't upon reflection.

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
Leemaster777 said:
OutcastBOS said:
Wait, do you mean Gideon from Scott Pilgrim? Because he's PATHETICALLY easy if you managed to hold onto the wrench you get at the beginning of that level.

As for me, I've got two.

First is the boss of Hell in Super Meat Boy. I was actually doing pretty decent at that game, until HE showed up. He stopped my progress like a brick wall... made of meat.

Then there's the last two bosses of Dead Rising 2. I beat them, but GOD were they tough. Probably my fault, as I didn't restart the game at any point during the story. Did it all on one playthrough.

I mainly meant Gigadeon...still haven't passed him. Way to make me feel like an inept ass..:p

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Wenseph said:
Jecht from final fantasy 10. I hated him so much. I'm surprised he was supposed to be the father of the main character. And there was this other guy who kept showing up though I defeated him over and over, same game. Can't remember his name.
Seymour?
Yeah, Jecht was effing impossible for me on my first playthrough, but then the second time around, he was a pansy.

I'd have to say Sephiroth. Not from KH or KH2 but when you face him in FF7. Gawd, I hate him ><

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
OutcastBOS said:
Leemaster777 said:
OutcastBOS said:

As for me, I've got two.

I mainly meant Gigadeon...still haven't passed him. Way to make me feel like an inept ass..:p
Sorry. But do you mean the second version of Gideon? The big one with multiple heads? Cause there's a trick to beat him.

You have to get the Sword of Love, and stand JUST far enough away from him that his lighting attack can't hurt you, but close enough that it doesn't trigger the long-range energy ball attack. Just jam attack button and win.

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
Leemaster777 said:
OutcastBOS said:
Leemaster777 said:
OutcastBOS said:

As for me, I've got two.

Sorry. But do you mean the second version of Gideon? The big one with multiple heads? Cause there's a trick to beat him.

You have to get the Sword of Love, and stand JUST far enough away from him that his lighting attack can't hurt you, but close enough that it doesn't trigger the long-range energy ball attack. Just jam attack button and win.
Really? Huh, I'll have to try that next time. Thanks.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
warcraft4life said:
Ehh.. Sephiroth in KH2? He was quite annoying.. I gave my game to a friend before I could/would grind enough to get him so I never got the opportunity to kill him..

Got him in #1 though..
I had the opposite experience, I never really beat him in KH1, but got him in KH2 pretty easily.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Deathevan from Breath of Fire 2. He reduces you to minimum health, heals himself massively every turn, and diishes out status ailments. You need 3 healers to survive, one dedicated to removing debuffs, one to keep giving Ryu mana potions, and Ryu has to unleash his Kaiser Dragon spell every time possible. And 99 times out of 100, you will still die, because he has more health than all previous bosses combined and multiplied, and you will run out of potions and have characters be one-shotted all the time unless you are a completionist with level-capped characters. This boss took me a month to beat, and my first successful run of the boss took me three hours, not including moments I had to put the controller down and scream into a pillow for a boss being this cheaply overpowered especially compared to the rest of the game.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Arcticflame said:
Look at my display picture.

Now WEEP.
Press T.

ZOOOOOM

Unless you hit a tree. Then you're dead.

Cheesus333 said:
Boost Ball Guardian.

I'll... I'll go back to Echoes one day, I swear!
That one only killed me once. I got it the second time. I think part of that fight is due to luck, like where it boosts and stuff and how many times it randomly hits you.

KalosCast

Dec 11, 2010
Devoto said:
Not to mention the learning curve of Ninja Gaiden. First boss with nun-chuks had me stuck for QUITE SOME TIME
That's literally the most difficult boss in the game. After that, you always have some weapon or moveset available to keep a boss unbalanced.

In response to the OP: I've never left one undefeated.

ashglent

Sep 21, 2009
the man eaters in demons souls completly impossible for a melee character build and everytime i got close to killing them i rolled off the bloody ledge :( my poor ps3 contoller never been so beaten in its life lol

Ouroboros0977

Jan 1, 2009
Ok I make sure I do beat a boss when I face one but one of note that I spent the most time on was Elizabeth from P3, will quite happily mince your party if you don't play against her exactly right.

iamthelizardqueen88

Dec 10, 2010
Magenera said:
warcraft4life said:
Magenera said:
warcraft4life said:
Ehh.. Sephiroth in KH2? He was quite annoying.. I gave my game to a friend before I could/would grind enough to get him so I never got the opportunity to kill him..

Got him in #1 though..
Boss was easy. Beat him with beginning equipment, just because. I didn't feel like grinding for the him in KH1 though. Fucking combat isn't as fluid as the KH2. Which might be because I went from KH2 to KH1.
You killed Sephiroth in which one with starter equipment? What did you use, move wise? o_O
The transforming skills are pretty damn important. I basically grind for those skills. I was at the phase of beating the game with just beginning equipment just to brag. He was laughably easy, and was more or less timing when to block. When to get out of a combo, and when to hit him with a endless chain. I was pretty much a monster at that point in game.
you jerk! :O like 4 years ago i tried beating with the kingdom key just to be a smartass and like 45mins in the jackass killed me after using that cheap ass attack that drains your HP and MP to 1 needless to say i promptly reloaded then equiped Ultima weapon to destroy him >=(.

OT my fuck you boss or bosses i should say are those punk ass twins in Devil May Cry 3 on easy or normal theyre hard but not that hard as long as you have quite a few healing items on hard however they single handedly are the reason i sold that game to gamestop

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Dullaham from Golden Sun: The Lost Age. He keep using Djinn Storm messing up with all of your stats and he can summon Charon, the second most powerful summons in the game. So combine these two together, you will be defeated for sure.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I notoriously have the patience of a saint so I've never given up tsk tsk. Alma on the highest difficulty in Ninja Gaiden took me over 30 tries and I thought I was never going to do it.

Don't even talk to me about Muru...

Casimir_Effect

Aug 26, 2010
Anachronism said:
Draconis, from Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal.

Mother.

Fucking.

Draconis.

For the record, Baldur's Gate II is probably my favourite game of all time, and the expansion was mostly very good, with Watcher's Keep being the best part of it: it's the best dungeon in the series, and one of the best dungeons I've played. Unfortunately, the main story of the expansion suffered from serious difficulty spikes that, given the nature of your character by this stage, are hard to believe in the context of the story, and simply frustrating to play.

Draconis is the worst of these. His function in the plot is nothing; he is simply a door guard for his father. However, I couldn't beat him. I still haven't. You meet him alone outside a fortress, so you assume he's going to be pretty powerful. And he is: he's a high-level mage, but nothing your party can't handle by this point. Then, when you kill him, he says "Did you honestly think I'd be so easy to kill?", and transforms into a DRAGON.

Now, by this point, I'd killed a number of dragons. However, by the time he transforms, most of the buffs on my party had worn off, and he'd killed my summoned creatures while in mage form. On later attempts, I would wait until after the transformation before summoning them, whereupon he cast an instant death spell on them, putting me back where I started. As a result, the following battle essentially involved him curbstomping my entire party over and over again. He does things that are impossible by the game's rules; one of the most annoying is that he can still cast certain spells while your mage has stopped time.

After several dozen TPKs, and much completion of side quests in pursuit of more levels and better gear, I gave up.
Yeah, the immune to timestop thing was kind of dickish. Even after Draconis there are other characters who have that immunity as well, the last 3 bosses basically. Use timestop in any of those fights and you're pretty much fucked.

The funny thing is, all the Bhaalspawn and a few other bosses were meant to be far stronger in originally. Bioware changed things at the last minute when they realised it was just unfair. I think you can get the patch somewhere (released by one of the BG2 dev team) that puts them back to what they were. For example the Bhaalspawn you fight straight away in ToB is a pushover now, with this patch installed she will kill you. Many, many times.
And that's from seeing a friend who was far better at BG 2 than me try it. I'm never going near this patch.

Hardest fight for me in ToB is either the final one against Melissan (because it takes a long, long time with no resting unless you have a Wish spell) or against the Drow priestess whose name escapes me. That fight was a pain because of the enemy constantly spawning at the door while she is resurrected as a new class in statues around the room every time you kill her. I think there are 9 statues and, of course, they favour cleric and mage. So lot's of Breach spells are needed.