The world is going to end on May 21, 2011

radioactive lemur

May 26, 2010
Never, at any point in history, in any society where organized religion exists has "the end" ever NOT been "nigh" at least according to someone. The founder of Methodism predicted the end date wrong TWICE. Also, the domain names www.2008rapture.com, www.2009rapture.com, www.2010rapture.com, and www.2011rapture.com have all been in use at some point. I believe in God, but the world will end when it's good and ready, and doomsday prophets have an absolutely horrible reputation for straight up making stuff up.

Mandalore_15

Aug 12, 2009
Well, I bloody hope that isn't going to happen, because I'm going to be spending 10+ hours of every day up until then studying for my exams (which start on the 25th)... boy, that would be a shit last few days of life.

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
I am no religious boy, And I don't think some bearded dude comes from the sky killing everyone.
And I'd probably go and eat chocolate icecream. It always gets me in a relaxed mood.

Feb 19, 2010
1-Extremists: the world is gonna end may 21st! fear it fear it!
Yeah, & i'm queen Elizabeth the 62nd appointed by GLaDos & king Alfred the cake.
I think they are trying to get people to convert to their whacky religion which i shall not name 'cos it's too stupid, & if it DID end, well, i gona drive a Scanjé 141, i loves those trucks.
( yeah, just to look awesome, i spelt 'SCANIA' in Swedish.)
Also, why this 'god' fellow who is supposed to be all powerful & beloved, Kill us all? no more free blowjorbs for him & jebus.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Have you any idea how many times the world 'should' have ended already?
SNIPERFOX ft. Harry P.Ness said:
( yeah, just to look awesome, i spelt 'SCANIA' in Swedish.)
No you didn't.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I'm going to say no but to be complety honest even though I don't believe a part of me gets a little scared when I hear about these things, wonder of thats normal.

Go around challenge as much people with a Nintedo DS and a copy of Pokemon Black and White to a battle.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
I don't believe that idiot has any idea what he's talking about. The Matthew reference already cited is why I think this.

I'd probably buy a plane ticket to somewhere awesome a week before and just go live it up with my wife and son. Maybe in Peoria.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
1. No
2. Nothing different than the normal.

People are too obsessed with the end of the world. Anything having to do with the end of the world irl is a bunch of crap. If all those end of the world prophesies of the past were correct, we should have all died out many times by now...

Dhell

Feb 7, 2009
1. No the preacher should stay off w/e drugs hes sniffed or absorbed through his jaxy
2. Play Mass Effect 1 and 2 until i perfect my awesomeness and float my liver in vodka

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
jay622 said:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

The sad part is the nonoccurence of this event will only increase believers somehow... don't believe me? Just wait n' see... :p
Has this ever happened in the past?

Hmuda

Apr 16, 2008
ProtoChimp said:
jay622 said:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

The sad part is the nonoccurence of this event will only increase believers somehow... don't believe me? Just wait n' see... :p
Has this ever happened in the past?
This guy already played this trick a while back ('94 i think). Given how popular his message is I think it's obvious just how gullible some people are. They will come up with some bass ackwards rationalization for why it didn't happen. Calculation error, it actually happened just nobody noticed, Jeebus wanted to come back but we scared him, etc. They'll come up with something that the followers will eat it right up.

There are always a truckloads of rapture predictions every year. They keep not coming true, yet people keep believing it.

Nico4

Dec 24, 2008
1: Oh dear not this again -_- Of course not, it's one year too early :p
2: Try and have my ex come back to me?

socialmenace42

May 8, 2010
NOOOOOO! NO MASS EFFECT 3!!!!!!!!!!

Although since it's been pushed back to early 2012, probs not gonna happen if the world ends then either.

For me, the apocalypse bears the same stamp as the eruption of Yellowstone parks super-volcanoe (not surprising since such an event would BE the apocalypse): It may happen, odds on it won't happen just yet, but worrying about it is going to get you no where. I intend to continue living my life, apocalypse be damned.

gussy1z

Aug 8, 2008
This is about the third time in my lifetime that some religious group has predicted the world is going to end... I almost want the world to end to save them the embarrassment of being wrong 100% of the time.