The world is going to end on May 21, 2011

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
1. No, and in the event it did happened it would be a coincidence.

2. Get really really stoned and then I won't care.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
1. No it isn't. In fact, the same guy who made the prediction made the same prediction for a date in [a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Camping#Controversy"]back in 1994[/a] (read: he's a loon)

2. If the world was ending from some kind of unavoidable disaster or event, say from an asteroid or something- I would hold a party in the epicenter of the projected impact center of said asteroid. Have some fun before the inevitable end. If it was some kind of deity coming back, or some scenario where the Bible turned out to be true, then fuck God/Jesus, they may actually exist, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a petty little prick of unworldly powers that does not deserve to be worshiped. See you all in Hell.

Chris646

Jan 3, 2011
And the Terminator movies said the world was going to end last month.
So
1) no, the world is not going to end
2) I'd go through my backlog and try to beat as many games as possible. Or reread Homestuck or buy the soundtracks or whatever.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
nothingspringstomind said:
1. Ha!

2. Laugh at the rest of the disgusting human race as it panics, loots and cries itself to its inevetible doom.

Wait, I do that now.
Teenage angst at its finest.

1. Meh, no.
2. Repent like hell.

TheFloBros

Aug 18, 2010
#1. No
#2. Break into Bethesda guns-a-blazing and force them to let me do some stuff on Skyrim! And then cry if it doesn't work.

Antidrall

Mar 16, 2010
Okay, Ragnarok is clearly not that soon. I don't believe that children named Líf and Lífþrasir have come into existence yet. I'm pretty sure that your source is false, unless the two's name have been changed.

Groundchuck

Apr 16, 2011
1. How about, no

2. go around punching christians for being right, because you know their going to be a bunch of dicks about it.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
Azaraxzealot said:
Macgyvercas said:
Jabberwock King said:
Macgyvercas said:
The math he used is completely arbitrary. I'm not buying it.
The source for the numbers was completely arbitrary. I dismissed it without a second glance, and I heard about this a month or two ago.
Well, yeah, that too. But I think sources of numbers are also covered under the general term "math"
math is arbitrary.
That has to be one of the stupidest things I've heard today.

smut

Aug 4, 2007
LOL Religion

For those who believe the world is going to end, I will buy all of your belongings for 1 dollar.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
Littlee300 said:
Azaraxzealot said:
Macgyvercas said:
Jabberwock King said:
Macgyvercas said:
The math he used is completely arbitrary. I'm not buying it.
The source for the numbers was completely arbitrary. I dismissed it without a second glance, and I heard about this a month or two ago.
Well, yeah, that too. But I think sources of numbers are also covered under the general term "math"
math is arbitrary.
That has to be one of the stupidest things I've heard today.
you do realize i'm not being serious about that, right? i honestly give people too much credit if they can't understand humor just because there's no "jk" or laugh track.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
They are entirely wrong from Revelations perspective. First, none of the signs of the Coming have occurred. Second, the book itself says we won't know it'll happen and that the best warning we'll ever get will be impossible not to notice by anybody. So this is both wishful thinking and fearmongering. I may be Christian my self, but I'm not stupid and I can read. (I can hear you coming trolls, stop where you are!) Don't listen to these people, because the world was "supposed" to end in 2000, 6/6/2006, and on and on according to people who think they can pick any passage out of the book and say "see, THIS passage means [xxxxxxx]!!!" without reading the sentence before it.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
Spygon said:
No because it is my birthday
It's one day from my birthday, that's pretty much what I was thinking xD

If it were to actually happen, I'd sinply enjoy myself and spend some time with family and friends.

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
blaqknoise said:
Doesn't the Bible say no man will know the date of the end of the world?
You, I like. ^^

Back on topic:

1. No
2. Etch bible verses on my Buster Sword and protective gear, and try and find a Father to bless every bullet I own. I will plea the Lord to let me stay and kill as many Hellspawn as I can!

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Nieroshai said:
They are entirely wrong from Revelations perspective. First, none of the signs of the Coming have occurred. Second, the book itself says we won't know it'll happen and that the best warning we'll ever get will be impossible not to notice by anybody. So this is both wishful thinking and fearmongering. I may be Christian my self, but I'm not stupid and I can read. (I can hear you coming trolls, stop where you are!) Don't listen to these people, because the world was "supposed" to end in 2000, 6/6/2006, and on and on according to people who think they can pick any passage out of the book and say "see, THIS passage means [xxxxxxx]!!!" without reading the sentence before it.
Perfectly reasonable theistic explanation. We still need the Anti-Christ to unite us all and peace in the middle east, no?

Plus if you were to do such a thing you'd need to do it in the book in it's orignal language, latin I believe. Translating it changes things significantly.

Balimaar

The Bass Fish
Sep 26, 2010
The Bible is pretty clear that 'no man knows the hour or the day, only God knows'

Then there are a number of other beliefs that date 'the end' at another date.

These predictions are total bull manure anyway.