The world is going to end on May 21, 2011

MagusVulpes

Nov 18, 2009
I find it humorous that many, many people try to use the Bible as a means of divining the end of time since the Bible itself says that no man knows, or can know, when the end of time is. It is the last great secret of God, and (Please let's not argue "trinity vs. all in one" here) as such Christ doesn't even know since God hasn't shared the knowledge with him.

It's been a long while since I read it so it might take a while to find if you really want a citation.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
People have been predicting the end of the world as being 'right around the corner' for millennia.

The best guess I have to explain this practice is that every generation wants the world to end during their lifetime, so they can be the 'last' of their kind and feel special.

Basically, I doubt the world will end on any predicted date. Shit will happen when shit happens.

ninja51

Mar 28, 2010
Well this one came out of no where. The worlds supposed to have ended literally thousands of times in history. This wont be any different, it wont end, the "prophecies" are bullshit.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
1. No.

2. Ever played a Shin Megami Tensei game? If so, you can probably figure out my answer.

umadbro

May 4, 2011
1) No, smells like a conspiracy theory. I do believe judment day is coming, but the logic behind this is 'tarded.
2)I would probably record everything and put it on youtube.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I get the feeling of being in the adventure "Boy who cried wolf" here. This wont happen. It wont. Using the bible as a source of knowledge where there are several proven inaccuracies and no dates are correct is idiotic. Only a fanatic thinks that he will find any kind of answer in the bible regarding either the past or the future.

If I were to believe it I would probably continue as I do now, just in case. I don't have the money to do anything fun anyway...

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
CM156 said:
EDIT: If it were true, I would try to dig a fallout shelter. That may be hard, considering I live in an area of Missouri where we have about 8-14 inches of dirt above rock and clay.
Thats missouri for you. The land of chert and more chert, horrible horrible soil we have.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
CM156 said:
According to the source below, the world is going to end on May 21, 2011.

http://www.familyradio.com/graphical/literature/judgment/judgment.html

The Holy Bible gives several additional astounding proofs that May 21, 2011 is very accurate as the time for the Day of Judgment. For more information on this subject, you may request a copy of We Are Almost There, available free of charge from Family Radio.
Fellow Escapists, I have two questions for you:

1: Do you think this is really going to happen?

2: If it were, how would you spend your last days?

Personally? I firstly don?t think it was going to happen, but if it were, I would buy a DeLorean. I?ve always wanted one of those cars.

EDIT: If it were true, I would try to dig a fallout shelter. That may be hard, considering I live in an area of Missouri where we have about 8-14 inches of dirt above rock and clay.
I feel so bad for the Earth. It's had to end like 5 times a decade since humans have set foot on it...must be hard work.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Not here to mock anyones beliefs but i don't think being killing billions of people is all that merciful and compassionate. To be fair the god the bible describes sounds like a cruel tyrant really.

OT:
1:no
2: eat. lots.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
1.I kinda hope so. It's a hollow victory for the idiots. We can pity them while feeling all superior.

2.Break in to as many super high classified areas as I can and find out all the secrets.

NotYetForsaken

Power in Procedure
Sep 27, 2010
1. "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
- Matthew 24:36

2. Look up and embrace God for he had finally returned.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Hero in a half shell said:
Honestly... it looks like War and Conquest are really doing all the work there, huh? Pestilence and Death are just sort of hanging out in the back, going "Hey, guys. Yeah, Horsemen of the Apocalypse, that's us. Heh. We're all up in your armageddon, doin'... prophetical stuff. Hey, you got any rolling papers?"

Also, I'm pretty sure that the world was supposed to end in the year 1000. And 1999. And 2000. And 2001. I think the wannabe prophets are just throwing darts at calendars these days.