There Will Be Brawl: Episode Two

johnnymcbadass

Jan 14, 2009
Zach Grafton here, writer. Thanks to everyone for watching this bad boy and leaving your lovely comments! As stated before, please drop by our hub site for your badass wallpapers and additional content!

beddo

Dec 12, 2007
This show is appalling. It's so bad, badly written, badly acted and badly edited.

It's not funny at all, it's just weird, self-indulgent Nintendo fanboyism.

Fallen Savior

Jan 15, 2009
pyromcr said:
this show is awesome but mess up, kirby is just creepy and pokemon fights are more messed up than they are on the show!!!

i want to know if the directors of this show are insane...
As an actor in BRAWL I can answer with an emphatic and absolute YES!

Psyco Slim

Apr 16, 2008
PLabrozzi said:
This wasn't as good as the first episode imho. I didn't really understand what was going on with a lot of the characters, seemed all over the place. But that Kirby is scary as hell.
second

saltywaters

Oct 17, 2008
This is the most entertaining thing on the internet that I've ever seen. This is coming from someone who has been around the internet for a Long time.

With what I must assume is a low budget, you have managed to produce something of a miracle of video quality.

Storywise I have no critique, because its too early to tell. From what I've seen, it looks like this will be a wonderful addition to my personal favorites.

I've been sitting around for at least five minutes trying to find some constructive critism, and I can't find anything that really needs attention. The dialogue was well written, the acting matched what my ears were hearing, the sets were...Well I was expecting something more White for an Aslium. Other than that, the sets match your story well. Your actors matched the parts, and I love the Noses on the Mario Bros.

Or, to put it in laymans terms "Damm Fuckin good job"

Keep up the good work!

Jiveturkey124

Jan 13, 2009
Honestly this series could not get any better in my opinion, I like how this episode was dark but a lot more humorous as well. Especially the Pokemon falling in Luigi's soup haha!

Jiveturkey124

Jan 13, 2009
EquinoxETO said:
very good! but why is link evil?????
To me the "Brawl Universe" they are creating is dark and sinister, filled with suspense and corruption at every corner. Link is not in a certain sense "Evil" just had his own motives in a dark world. If you listened you hear how the Mushroom Kingdom took the Kingdom of Hyrule over. Just think if Obama took over the republican party and then they had to work side by side each other, there would be alot of animosity, then add in the factor that this is an already dark world.

Love this show, please keep it guys!

Xyllar

Dec 19, 2008
I love the different take on all the character's personalities. Like several people have said, I do wish these were released more often.

johnnymcbadass

Jan 14, 2009
Xyllar said:
I love the different take on all the character's personalities. Like several people have said, I do wish these were released more often.
We all do, Xyllar, but our schedules simply can't handle a load like that. We'll just have to make sure we make the episodes worth the wait!

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Woo! Finally! Every second Friday eh? I'll be there. Or here. or whatever. Anyway. A bit of pretentious criticism, because I can and because the best work deserves the most nitpickery.

First of all, the things I didn't like. They spent way too long with the Peach/Kirby scene and made it too directly a Silence of the Lambs parody without straying too far from the idea. Now I saw the Silence of the Lambs similarity from the first episode so I figured they'd go a little in this direction, but, despite the hilarity of "Squirtle!" I felt like the scene was overdone. Also I felt like the episode was a lot less well paced as compared to the first episode. Although it might be because the first episode was a bit longer, I think this one is still a bit slower. The last thing I felt was weak was the actor who played Link. Normally saying someone is a weak actor in reference to an internet show is barely worth mentioning but considering the quality of this program and especially how good Wario, Luigi and Mario are, a little weak acting shows through more.

I LOVED the back room pokemon fighting, that was genius, and yes, the Squirtle in the cell was hilarious. The Poke Trainer guy really amused me, I thought he did a great job. Wario still deserves a job in something professional, or at least independently professional, he is the top of the line and I hope he continues to play a major part in this. They've certainly kept the tone and the visuals going with this, and the fantastic job with the Meta Knight costume was astounding.

I can't wait for the next one.

johnnymcbadass said:
Xyllar said:
We all do, Xyllar, but our schedules simply can't handle a load like that. We'll just have to make sure we make the episodes worth the wait!
I thought about bringing this up once, but then I realized these guys are doing near-professional quality work with probably no where near the resources. It's hard to take, but it is definitely worth it.

EDIT: A further view reminds me: G-Dub! Victory! Suddenly he seems so natural as a cab driver. Also I didn't notice the beat up bulbasaur on the kids shoulder at the end. Details, details.

johnnymcbadass

Jan 14, 2009
coldfrog said:
Wario still deserves a job in something professional, or at least independently professional, he is the top of the line and I hope he continues to play a major part in this.
Fun fact, the guy who plays Wario is the voice of Ryu in SFIV, Krillin in DBZ, and a whole slew of others. He's a great actor, no doubt.

MintyFreshBreathGuy

Oct 10, 2008
Well this wasn't bad for a follow up. Though I did get a little lost at the fight club part. Nothing big. I can't help but admire how you brought this to a completely new presentation though. It is just beautiful, most just have a stage and the characters talk on it. In this case it's an entire city. Also, Kirby has never been this awesome. Kirby was my favorite before, but now he's even better. OK maybe not better, but he's defiantly likable. For the record he was also a good choice of a serial killer. Just thinking about Kirby eating people whole and then spitting them back out is awesome in this sense. Also the Pokemon Trainer's singing could have been skipped, that could have been just as easily been done with random opera music rather than this ADD kid singing. Either way, you're doing a great job, and I really can't wait till the next episode. As a suggestion, just try and keep the story simple but not stupid simple. There should be a giant twist, and I'm sure you already thought of one. I can't wait to find out what it is.

You're my new favorite indie series, don't let me down... no pressure though it's your show.. do what ye want.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Jiveturkey124 said:
EquinoxETO said:
very good! but why is link evil?????
To me the "Brawl Universe" they are creating is dark and sinister, filled with suspense and corruption at every corner. Link is not in a certain sense "Evil" just had his own motives in a dark world. If you listened you hear how the Mushroom Kingdom took the Kingdom of Hyrule over. Just think if Obama took over the republican party and then they had to work side by side each other, there would be alot of animosity, then add in the factor that this is an already dark world.

Love this show, please keep it guys!
good point didnt see it that way
it seems that theres no middle ground - you either get cynical and depressed heroes, sick bad guys, and squeeky voiced innocent kids

abr4

Feb 21, 2008
This series just took away the #1 spot for my favourite internet video series from zero punctuation.

It's absolutely brilliant! Keep up the level of quality and this will become a classic to remember for years to come.