Things a single person managed to ruin for everyone

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
South Park is one of my favorite shows but ironicly the ginger episode meant to poke fun at bigotry ruined some peoples perception of gingers like me. I just learned that there exists a "National Kick a Ginger Day" and "National Beat Up a Ginger Day" and those are practiced by anti-ginger groups that actually exist just hearing those really pisses me off. A lot of idiots took the episode seriously and started hating us.

ajb924

Jun 3, 2009
Helimocopter said:
Video killed the radio star
*HIGH-FIVES*
That was awesome.

OT: Stephen King movies kill Stephen King books. The Shining was supposed to end explaining who Tony was, and what happened to the hotel And the black guy was supposed to live. The movie ignored all of this.
IT was supposed to be about the fear that can thrive within a small town, once again, the movie doesn't give a damn.
Misery was supposed to have a crazy ***** CUT the authors legs off. The movie hammers them in.
Don't get me started on Cujo or The Mist...

Neshel

Nov 12, 2009
faceless chick said:
DarkRyter said:
faceless chick said:
You have to tell who ruined Wizards.

Wizards can't ruin themselves.

Oh wait, yes they can.
WITH MAGIC
lol.
I didn't want to say it, since I know I will make 99% of fanboys butthurt, but- Harry Potter.
It's just too blah..the idea behind it is so cliche and the chars look like an abridged version of the real deal to appeal to kids-it's like the naruto of the wizard world.
There have been too many awesome wizards for them to be ruined by Harry Potter. Most aren't household names, but then they weren't before.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Amnestic said:
Spoken like someone who never had to study F. Scott Fitzgerald's 'Great Gatsby' for English class.
You did not just diss the Great Gatsby.

It is ON.

Anyway, I'd have to say that boojmoob ruined all ODST discussion to be had on this forum, both positive and negative: but considering that there were a lot of trolls bitching about the game before he showed up, the idiot might have been a blessing in disguise.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Michael Atkinson, he ruined most games for the Australian public by refusing an R18+ rating. This causes games to be heavilly censored (Left 4 dead 2 anyone?), is misplaced into ratings that don't suit them and various other problems.

I would mention stephenie meyer, but someone beat me to that already.

Nov 25, 2009
Guitar Gamer said:
actually I've never heard a Zepellin cover band so I'm good (don't for the love of God send me anything)

that aggressive Canadian, you know who you are

I kinda just came into the picture of giving a toss about politics around the time we got involved in that one middle east war. Making me believe that that Steven fellow screwed our reputation of peacekeepers

As far as Zepellin cover bands go, none of them are good IMO, but if anyone's gonna actually hear one they might as well look up Dread Zepellin, you may not want a link but here's one for anyone who wants to be scared away from any sort of Led Zepellin cover bands then listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CO7FPU7a2g

OT: It is the guys in the above link that ruined Led Zeppelin cover bands not the first guy to think it's a good idea.

CargoHold

Sep 16, 2009
DarkRyter said:
faceless chick said:
You have to tell who ruined Wizards.

Wizards can't ruin themselves.

Oh wait, yes they can.
WITH MAGIC
I laughed.

The Australian Games Classification Games board ruined Left 4 Dead 2 for everyone [in Australia].

kingpin44

Jul 19, 2009
obama for ruining the meaning of the Nobel peace prize.

i wish i could do jack shit and get rewarded like that

Strid

Oct 24, 2009
Memes such as: The cake is a Lie, The Game and I just accidentally the whole _____. These get overused by some people who hang around me and pretend to be /b/tards.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
I think Slayer ruined Metal

Facebook ruined myspace

Kittens have ruined baby seals popularity I mean look at this

I would rather have that then any kitten any day

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
Trivun said:
In b4 Stephenie Meyer ruining vampires. If ANYBODY DARES post that here I will be so pissed off. If you don't like Twilight then don't post about it, just ignore it. Nobody forced you to watch/read it or hate it.

Anyway, I'd say that Gordon Brown managed to ruin British politics for everyone. He gives massive amounts of power to the Scottish and pretty much lets them have independence all but officially, and he sells us all out to the EU. No wonder us students have such a reputation for being apathetic, when politicians like this make us all so disillusioned with the current system...

EDIT: Dammit, ninja'd by a few seconds...
Stephanie Meyer and Vampires

CancerDog

Aug 3, 2008
Me.
I'm horrendously allergic to milk and eggs and my friend's always forget.
Every single time they're like "We're going to have cake! I FUCKING LOVE CAKE." I usually say something like "Oh yea, cuz I can eat cake," just to fuck with them, and make them feel bad because of it, when in reality, It doesn't bug me at all. I just love to fuck with them.