Things in gaming that will never happen

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
I think that certain franchises (like Resident Evil and Final Fantasy) have only a few more screw ups in store for us until they die a quiet death like Onimusha and Soul Reaver.

In other words, there will never be a franchise that sticks around forever and continues to provide quality with every single installment.

Even Mario will vanish one day.

Rayken15

Jan 10, 2011
Mass Effect will never get the ending it deserved.
Half Life 3 won't be released.
Steam will never die.

Should I go on?

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Nintendo will never abandon its casual fanbase (Nothing wrong with that. Just don't forget the rest of us, okay?)

Also, controllers (or buttons at least) will never become obsolete on game consoles.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Kingdom Hearts 3. It will never happen.

A damn fantastic Silent Hill game (I know, I know, it's just my personal opinion) But I want a fantastic Silent Hill game which isn't just "A step in the right direction" I'm not asking for another Silent Hill 2 or 3. I just don't want another Homecoming goddamnit!

A Pokemon game with all the regions available to you instead of unlocking pokemon from other regions.

Excuse me while I go cry in a corner!

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Pleasing everyone.
Making a sequel that people don't ***** about... but I guess that does with the above.

BioWare will never make anything that can even catch my attention, and keep it for more than 5 minutes.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
teqrevisited said:
Gamefreak will never make a Pokémon game with all regions available. Or even a pair of games that doesn't require events that sometimes never happen in your region to complete.
I also think Gamefreak will only make those types of Pokemon games on handhelds...

---

Remember what Robotech 64 was supposed to be? I don't think console gamers will ever get a game like that. Speaking of, is there a game at all similar to what Robotech 64 was going to be?

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

DC's equivalent to Marvel Ultimate Alliance (I am aware of the Justice League game on the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube...so a sequel to that...which will never happen until MAYBE the Justice League movie)

Punisher the Game in the style of any given Hitman game. Wherein you fight humans, Skrull, mutants and, maybe even Celestial characters.

Guitar Hero Dethklok

Rock Band Japan

Another Dance Dance Revolution made of J-Rock

Fast Food Mascot Fighting Game

A fantasy RPG (or Sci-Fi for that matter) that isn't dark, gritty and/or brooding

Super Mario Point-n-Click on the 3DS

Andrewtheeviscerator

It's Leviosahhhhhhh
Feb 23, 2012
Gamers will grow the fuck up
ThriKreen said:
Hmm, can I flip the tables around?

Gamers will realize a game just isn't to their tastes and will just let it be, instead of going onto every forum and review site to rage, trash talk and 1/10 rate bomb it.

Oh, gaming reviews - they would shrink to a 5-star system (Don't buy, you'll probably dislike it, average, good, really good) instead of the /10 or /100 system which is ambiguous at best. That way instead of the current trend of <75% score being crap, it'll get translated as a 3/5 which makes the title still viable for playing.

Publishers will not offer bonuses to studios based on metacritic rankings.

Instead of arguing which platform is better, people will just go "Oh, the PlayBox 1024 fits your needs and exclusives while the X-Station 5 does the same for me. That's cool."

Publisher PR/marketing departments won't over hype a game and/or lie about features.

Gamers won't treat news from developers as if they were trying to hide something and start projecting outrageous conspiracy theories about what is REALLY happening.

Similarly, studios would be more upfront about what's going on (i.e. delays).

And gamers would be more accepting of such news.

Gamers will realize the huge gap in what they think goes on in development vs. how it really is like, and will stop talking like they know better.
Also all of this

Mike Richards

Nov 28, 2009
I've said this before but I want Rockstar to do a Red Dead style game that flashes back and forth between Garrus's time in C-Sec on the Citadel and his time trying to clean up Omega. It will never happen, I has a sad.

Oh, and while we're on the subject, a developer will never, ever create a definitive ending to a major, popular storyline that a large amount of people won't obsessively ***** about.

John Pepperell

Mar 4, 2011
sageoftruth said:
There will never be a wide-eyed smiling protagonist on the box art of an M rated game in the US.
Hyperdimension neptunia Mk2 proves that wrong(the most of the main cast is on the front of the box and are smiling.
A sequal to dungeon keeper 2

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
EVE Online will never ever be newbie friendly =D Because there will never be a time where you can trust another EVE player

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
For Nintendo to release a true 3d pokemon game. Imagine pokemon stadium with better combat animations, but in the style of the color games. (red/blue/silver/gold/etc)

The technology had been there for over a decade. They just...won't make it for some reason.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
John Pepperell said:
sageoftruth said:
There will never be a wide-eyed smiling protagonist on the box art of an M rated game in the US.
Hyperdimension neptunia Mk2 proves that wrong(the most of the main cast is on the front of the box and are smiling.
A sequal to dungeon keeper 2
Does this game have American box art? I guess now that we're not terrified of everything anime, it's kind of difficult to distinguish between the US and Japanese versions of the box art just by checking Google images.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Romantic love scenes that don't look like two fish mannequins with tourettes wrestling each other with their hands tied behind their back.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Ryanrulez5 said:
Heres a little list
1.Nintendo will never stop using old franchises
2.Bethesda will make a good game with none or very little bugs,glitches or crashes
Anyone else care to add to the list?
I've never had a glitch on Oblivion, Skyrim or Fallout 3 other than 3-4 loading screen crashes which didn't matter since it autosaves when you walk through a door :p

On a console which I may add.