Things that scare the shit out of you.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
I have a bizarre fear of apes. I had a nightmare about being mauled by a gorilla when I was about 9 and recently that woman who had her face and hands ripped off by her friend's pet chimpanzee brought those fears back.

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
Really, David Lynch's "Mulholland Drive". Absolutely terrifying, and I can't explain why.

Also, driving. I had nightmares about crashing a car, or almost crashing it, even before I sat behind a wheel.

Oh, and people.

KiLl_RoY

Jul 11, 2009
Loosing your close ones or even worse, seeing them getting hurt or attacked by someone else....
That keeps me up at night.

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
Going home alone on a Friday night with a group of loud, drunk guys on the same station as me. I'm not scared shitless by it, but when it happens, all my senses heighten like hell.

Also, deep water. Like, middle-of-the-ocean deep. Brrrr...!

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
The themesong from Silent Hill 4...i don't even know why, cause most of that game didn't have anything as scary as Silent Hill 2, but the themesong sends shivers down my spine every time i hear it and makes me lunge under the nearest couch with my ears plugged.

PS. DON'T JUDGE ME!

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Scde2 said:
Jellyfish. Fucking jellyfish.

*Shudders*
It's so cute!

Heights.
The Scary Thread.
Horror movies in general.
Spiders.
Flying insects.
The Dark. Just a bit of uneasiness

Pegghead said:
Spiders and the leopard seal from Pingu.
DO NOT SPEAK OF IT!

Aylaine said:
When my brakes fail or appear to be failing, like they did a week ago. :/
There's an advice forum? Good to see that coming up, off topic discussion can be free from the shackles of relationships!

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
Moths, and waking up with a wolf spider on my face. Oh, and getting out of the shower, drying my hair and then seeing a rustle on top of my head, shaking it and having another massive spider fly off my head... and land on my foot.

Sazzlysarah

Mar 24, 2010
Spiders and stinging insects. Pain, or the thought of imminent, sharp pain. Bruise worthy pain, meh, but stabbing pain? Eeeugh!

KingJay814

Jul 23, 2010
I hate Zombie children and Zombie dogs. You know like the creepy possesed kids are are seeing the ghosts, or say things like "They're hear mommy" and then two seconds later something crazy happens. Fuck that shit straight up and down. Zombie dogs mainly because they're faster then all get out. Oh and Silent Hill 1 and 2, those games freaked me out so bad that I never played another on and I would get chills when I saw the previews on TV for the movie. I've never played a game that messed with me like that. And Vampires, not those stupid fairies in Twilight, I'm talking like Dracula style shit. Even though they're not real, Dracula is a scary S.O.B!

MetalPhoenix

May 12, 2009
I see the word "spiders" come up a lot here.

It appears many people are afraid of the little buggers :)
For the record: I'm not afraid of 'em, but if one is sitting on my headboard right before I'm going to sleep, it gets a one way ticket to sewer-city :p

They do make for awesome pictures though ;)

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
those GIFs that say "once you see it, you'll shit bricks."

when my girlfriend says "I've been thinking..." or "We need to talk..." (it's almost always followed by "we should break up")

Reagus

Apr 1, 2009
Pegghead said:
It's okay, it's okay. I STILL have nightmares about that damn thing...

Who in the hell thought this was good for a kids show?
Hooooooooly shit, i'm 22 and that was bloody freaky! I'll never look at pingu the same way again :(

We need warnings for that video.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
Ekonk said:
Korsakoff's psychosis.

Why? You remember nothing, you will never form new memories ever again, and your brain creates memories that never happened, leaving you extremely confused and disorientated for the REST OF YOUR LIFE, existing in lucid intervals which you will not remember in the next lucid interval. Every moment of every day you will be in a place you do not remember, you will recognize people you've never met before from things that never happened, you won't be able to recall anything that happened more than ten minutes ago, and that's how you'll live your entire life from then on.
Oh my...that sounds rather unpleasant.

OT: I will say it now, and never again on this kind of thread.

Sex. Even an image displaying sexual actions will get me queasy and I start twitching erratically.