Things you wish were normal to wear in public

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
Silver said:
On a somewhat related topic, I saw a girl/woman/whatever walking around without pants today. I at least think she was without pants, she wore a t-shirt that went down to about the start of her thighs, and I don't see how something would fit under there. It got me wondering wether that was socially acceptable garb. No one seemed to react, apart from me, who of course immediately started gauging people's reactions, and comparing her clothing to other examples I'd seen during the day, and probably would have started taking notes if I wasn't eating at the time.
I'm guessing you weren't in Australia at the time, length of legwear or lack there of is no surprise to us, here it is common to see pants that could pass as belts.

InProgress

Feb 15, 2008
ODST/Stormtrooper/Space Marine(both WH40K and the new version from Starcraft) armor
Kilt (nobody, and absolutely nobody wears a kilt here)
Trilby (which I'll buy as soon as I find a cheap place where they sell them. Only 1-2 stores in the damn city sell them, and 1 or 2 second hand shops)
WW2 Russian/German infantry uniform (including the bagpack and helmet).

RYjet911

May 11, 2008
I wouldn't want anything apart from current clothes to be normal, since you can't turn heads if the abnormal stuff was normal. ;)

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
I wish it were normal to walk without shoes in public. Feet are made to be walked upon, not to dress up with cotton, leather and plastic boxes. Do you ever walk on your bear feet on the street? No? It's actually quite nice to do, as long there's no glass or sharp pebbles.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
I can't say a trench coat because I already wear one in public :D

Um... I would have to say goggles because goggles are awesome.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
A labcoat and safety glasses, appropriately battered from the theatre of war that is modern research. =)

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Suits. Not persee bowtie James Bond suits, but those 3-piece business suits. You know, like 40's/50's mobsters. Including the awesome hats.
S.H.A.R.P. said:
I wish it were normal to walk without shoes in public. Feet are made to be walked upon, not to dress up with cotton, leather and plastic boxes. Do you ever walk on your bear feet on the street? No? It's actually quite nice to do, as long there's no glass or sharp pebbles.
Or any other gunk, modern civilisation is pretty gross. Chewed bubble gum, dog crap/piss, random waste, food remains, you name it.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
this style of threads would be sweet but in Queensland I would die of heat stroke.

I think it would be fun to wear this, complete with blades and jazz hands.

Kahvimies

Apr 23, 2009
This

Once used a lot of time practicing to move in one of those, might as well put the skill to use

EDIT: extra protection is nice too

Lord Kofun

Mar 18, 2009
I know this is going to sound terrible, but just think about it for a second. Simply for anatomical reasons, why was it that men wear pants, and women wear dresses? That makes no sense. Men need more room. I genuinely wish, every so often, that it was not so weird for men to wear skirts/dresses. At the very least, I think it should be more normal for men to be able to wear robes like a monk or a wizard. Hmm.. more like a wizard. Before you hate the idea, just think about it for a minute. A little bit of freedom down there goes a long way.

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
Assassinator said:
Suits. Not persee bowtie James Bond suits, but those 3-piece business suits. You know, like 40's/50's mobsters. Including the awesome hats.
S.H.A.R.P. said:
Or any other gunk, modern civilisation is pretty gross. Chewed bubble gum, dog crap/piss, random waste, food remains, you name it.
Certainly a good point. It might not be a good idea to walk in the city centre, around my place it's actually quite clean. And as long there isn't any sharp objects you won't die from infection, you can just wash the dirtiness away.

deathless14

Apr 24, 2009
NeonZombie said:
i wear a poncho to school every day and no one cares and i would like to wear a cape and leather armor, i already do but only in my yard. i tried to wear it at school but they made me change my clothes