This scare the shit out of anyone else?

Audemas

Aug 12, 2008
I'm glad he's dead and I know it doesn't make a difference. I didn't celebrate, but I can see why people did. I know the Taliban are still out there probably planning another attack. What more can they do attack us again? They've been doing it since 9/11 and it won't stop. Here's what people are overlooking (or maybe they just think it's not a good reason?) Osama bin Laden attacked the US killed over 3,000 civilians. We finally killed the monster behind it, it's closure. The figurehead of terrorism that I grew up with is gone and I couldn't be happier.

This is to those who oppose to the killing of Osama: This man was not a man at all. He's a monster who didn't think twice about killing over 3,000 innocents, planned countless suicide attacks, fooled men and women into believing if they killed themselves while killing civilians, US/NATO soldiers they would be rewarded in heaven. He is the worst kind of monster and he deserved nothing but death. Get off your high horse of morality and focus on the facts. He's a mass murderer responsible for countless of deaths of US military men/women, civilians, and his own people. Also, what would be the point of a trial anyway? So he could be tried in his home country just to be killed anyway? And it's not barbaric we're glad he's dead. This man was a barbarian, he was a monster and now the monster is dead. The world is a safer place with him gone.

eljawa

Nov 20, 2009
Well...on one hand im glad we finally accomplished this. it is representive of the success Obama has been having capturing and executing Al Queda leaders in the past few years. On the other hand...it feels weird to celebrate the death of a man, regardless of how hated he was. I did celebrate, but it had more to do with me showing my pride to eb an American, and less to do with Osama getting killed. I would have preferred him to be captured if possible

MorsePacific

Nov 5, 2008
I'm really completely unaffected by the reactions in the wake of Osama's death, honestly. My buddies and I were at dinner when we found out it happened and we jokingly toasted Obama and had a deep conversation about how we should have dropped out of high school to become an elite bounty hunting unit in order to get his bounty, but otherwise I just couldn't care less.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Meh,

Those people could have been the "better man". But we already knew the world doesn't consist of totally perfect people.

Celebrating doesn't make those people bad, it just doesn't make them good either.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I would have rather seen the troops bringing him to the US and putting him under trial.

And yes that sight is sickening.

DrMetal

Oct 31, 2009
I personaly have far more problem with US executing Saddam Husein than Osama Bin Ladden.
Thing is, Bin Ladden attaked america in direc, as such he does become a target for that nation, while Husein, while being bigger mass murdurer, had nothing to do with US and did not act directly agains it's people. While defending the defensless is fine, i really dout that intfering with other countries iternal politics is very democratic, no mater how harsh of a dictator ship reins in such country.

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
xXxJessicaxXx said:
rutger5000 said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
ScoopMeister said:
I'm sorry, but naivety is believing that because one man is dead, no matter what he did, that the world is suddenly a better place.
It can't be a worse place. The terrorism isn't going to go away neither is war, the world keeps on spinning. The celebrations are a manifestation of the relief you mention not a vicious 'we are glad we killed somone.' Like someone said being dead doesn't automatically get you respect.
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Some people are beyond forgiveness.
And he claimed responsibility for the 911 attacks in a televised broadcast at the time...
That last part starting from good riddance. I'm currious how can you say that? I seriously mean that. I'm currious how your moral way of thinking condems the attacks of 9/11 but probably allows the nucluar bombings on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Just a little info: "Even though most Americans weren't aware of it, the Taliban was at war with America even before 9/11. They terorized American troops and civiliance to get them out of Saudie Arabia."
Sorry I don't really see your point? How does my condemnation of a terrorist attack condone Hiroshima exactly? They aren't even related in the slightest. Surely your point that the Taliban was at war with the US only condones thier actions further. You make no sense at all. I'm tempted to think you are a troll.

Good riddance to bad rubbish means exactly that, The world is better off with Osama dead he was an evil piece of work.
I must admit I made an assumption back there. First of I assumed you are American, and after that I assumed that you condoned the nucluar bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I admit that those assumption are quiet a strech. As for how the US nucluar bombings are related to the attacks of 9/11: In both cases one side killed a lot of defensless civiliance of the other side by complete suprise. And in both cases the agressors explained their actions as military necessary. To me the senarios are very much alike. And if you condemed one, but condoned the other then I'm currious about what reasoning you use to seperate the cases.

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
Call me an unpatriotic american, but I'm british. Also, I don't necessarily condone it, but I can see why they're celebrating

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
Sparkytheyetti said:
Its like people who still wear Che Rivera tshirts. Most people don't even who he is and the fact he was still a facist dicksuck.
That's funny. It seems like you don't know who Che "Rivera" is either...

Levitas1234

Oct 28, 2009
My reaction was, huh he's dead, well nothing's changed and there's a good chance it could be faked.

Jonabob87

Jan 18, 2010
believer258 said:
I heard that he hid behind one of his wives as he was shot. It's hard not to hate such a man, a coward who would ask others to commit suicide for his cause. Is it right to celebrate his death? No. But neither were the bastard's actions in life. This man got what was coming to him, and the celebrating afterward is more humiliation of a man that deserves it, whether it was right of us to dish it out or not.

Medieval? Yes, a bit. But it appears we haven't evolved our base instincts much over time, especially the one that controls our thirst for vengeance. I can't say I blame the Americans that did this, and frankly that's one less evil bastard in the world to deal with.
That's a flat out lie, he was bedridden.

As a Christian you should know better than this. Vengeance is for God (and I wish I could be there for that conversation) and all sin is equal.

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
Snake Plissken said:
Sparkytheyetti said:
Its like people who still wear Che Rivera tshirts. Most people don't even who he is and the fact he was still a facist dicksuck.
That's funny. It seems like you don't know who Che "Rivera" is either...
I wanted to say something myself, but just couldn't QUITE bring myself to do it...

Guevara

Learn about your ruthless commie assholes before you invoke their names...

ShakyFiend

Jun 10, 2009
maturin said:
It's not subjective. You misunderstand me.

No judicial system in existence, nor any judicial system ever conceived by mankind, would excuse Bin Laden from punishment for 9/11.
Pretty sure a radical Islamic court would, not that its a good thing, in fact im pretty sure half the courts in the middle east would...not that thats even the argument, dont know how I even got to this point.
Mimsofthedawg said:
This entire thread is despicable, as are you.
Please try and keep this civil. You are still celebrating the death of a HUMAN I do not give two fucks what he did he was still that. You are celebrating a DEATH. Just to make this point clear: If the man had raped and killed my own mother I would still not celebrate his death OK. Jesus how many times do I have to say this.

pixiejedi

Jan 8, 2009
exp. 99 said:
If you were gonna be scared about it, you should have been scared when America was set into a frenzy of bloodlust right after 9/11, when everyone and their dog was yelling in the streets for someone to murder the man.
Yeah, many people I know were, including myself. But oh no if you thought about being rational and thinking through the countries next step then at that time you were a traitor to the flag by gum!

Those were some crummy years to be an American. While its hogwash, I can understand how some people thought it was a conspiracy considering how perfectly it set us up to feel forced into not voicing issues with Bush policy.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
rutger5000 said:
And if you condemed one, but condoned the other then I'm currious about what reasoning you use to seperate the cases.
Well first of all I would like to say that I do not condone Hiroshima in any way. As an act of gaining peace to call it a mistake is an understatement. It shouldn't of happened regardless of the consequences in my view. Please excuse me if I get any of the facts wrong I've been up all night and I'm sleepy.

However despite that there is a difference between an act of war and a act of terrorism. The bombing of Hiroshima was carried out by a democratically elected government who acted to stop Japanese aggression in World War 2. In this they hoped to prevent further conflict and deaths. The United States called for a surrender of Japan in the Potsdam Declaration on July 26, 1945. The Japanese government ignored this ultimatum. I can't imagine that it was a surprise to the Japanese people that they were attacked under these circumstances however the sheer destruction and horror of a nuclear bomb was something that anyone outside the Manhattan Project could have anticipated.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Celebrating bringing him to justice (finally) I agree with but not celebrating his death.