Rellik San said:
"It's pushing the feminist agenda," the feminist agenda, which is about up there with the gay agenda, liberal agenda and atheist agenda in levels of non-existent threats to you and your way of life.
Yeah, have to call bull**** on this one: it kind of is just a little bit of a threat to people, when it heavily influences legislation and may be a significant reason why someone loses opportunities in life, or experiences some form of harm.
- Not being promoted despite being the most qualified person for a job, because of laws preventing the promotion of a man.
- The general lowering of standards for women in many areas so that they may succeed ahead of more capable men.
- The fact women can't be paid less than men, even though they have the right to stop working any time they please to have a child and receive benefits for doing so and cannot be demoted when returning to work, despite this obviously being a negative factor in someone's value as an employee, and men not having this right.
- Women and women only having the right not to become parents in case of pregnancy, even though it involves the complication of an actual medical procedure, compared to merely allowing men not to take on financial responsibility for something they never wanted in the first place.
- Women as a group receiving virtually all of the protection from domestic violence and virtually none of the blame, in spite of causing half of it and most of it when it's one-sided. Leads to people believing man-on-woman DV is more common, and a system that results in very little evidence required for suspicion/conviction of a man.
- Let's not even begin to discuss divorce.
All from a feminist agenda that we should apparently just ignore because it's insignificant and only trying (and succeeding) to convince governments to provide advantages for a group that hold those very governments' fates in their hands.
Not in a million years would any such gender privileges be even considered to be even discussed for men, no matter how it was packaged up or presented.
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to ignore an extremist group that promotes the prioritization of the welfare of the majority of the people who elect governments, and have succeeded in enacting legislation which does just that to the detriment of the rest of the society, of which I am a part, essentially just because... "Oh, they're only women, let's ignore them because as we all know: women are no threat and have no influence in society because I say so and no I won't provided any form of evidence whatsoever for anything I say."