Three months left, what's your Game of the Decade?

nimbeljack

Sep 11, 2009
Bealzibob said:
nimbeljack said:
Two Worlds.

Edit: For all years, ever.
Two Worlds was horrible... just horrible =[
But my votes would be behind the original Halo, because if game produces didn't see how long they could keep releasing halo before we started rioting in the streets (They'er still going)it wouldn't of been as tarnished as it has been, other votes would be Morrowind, Pyschonauts, portal, Final Fantasy X, Left 4 Dead, Jak and Daxter and COD4...
Alright, if I have to give a real answer then here are some of my choices off the top of my head: Final Fantasy 7, Battlefield 2, Morrowind, Call of Duty 4, Half Life 2, Portal, and, I guess, Pikmin.

Also, Seaman on Dreamcast was one of the strangest games I've ever played, so I'll mention it too.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Can't comment yet for 2009 or the whole 10 years. It's hard for me since i only started playing games properly like 5 - 4 years ago. I'm only 14, 15 in December. >_<.

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
Mount & Blade = Unfinished rubbish with a damn fine combat system but nothing else. FF9.. best of the FF series, but that's not saying much... and Dear God OBLIVION... was fun once you modded out the horrendous voice acting and added about 40% of the 90% of stuff they took out between morrowind and Oblivion's release...

The only game that truly Deserves game of the Decade... Fallout 3. Fallout 3 was what Oblivion should have been. Fine tuned, immersive, atmospheric, and FUN. Shooter wise, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: SoC. It may have had a ton of bugs, but, it was an extremely innovative take on an FPS game. RTS wise... LoTR: BFME. Platforming... Assassin's Creed (Despite your character getting demoted and somehow they magically strip you of not just your weapons, but your knowledge of how to tackle someone)

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
nimbeljack said:
Two Worlds.

You're joking right? A buggy game with combat that always played out 3 ways?

1. Rape enemy with extreme amounts of elemental damage
2. Be gang raped by enemies that can kill you 1-2 hits solo
3. Run circles around a Magma dragon waiting for his attack, hit him twice, dodge his fire and attack, hit him twice, dodge his fire and attack, hit him twice, repeat until dragon is dead.

Not to mention the unplaytested mounts that were unplayable if you had the game for the 360 and no Xboxlive to update the game to make the mounts half playable... Or the fact that civilians of the starting town badly needed your help to kill gromlins, yet said civilians can off you in a single hit and barely even get a scrape from your sword... I could go on and on.. and apparently so could everyone else as the game sold shat all and was rightfully anally violated by all trustworthy reviewers...

I mean.. why don't you say Gothic III next!?

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Sadly enough I am torn between Prototype and Oblivion. Each have their own special place in my dark little heart. Oblivion gave me a ridiculous amount of freedom despite a number of very odd restraints in story line thinking and Prototype let me be a walking apocalypse, which is one step closer to being allowed to play a game that gives you a proper Build a God and kick ass. It will happen someday though I might be dust when this occurs.

EDIT: I see I am being unfair to Fallout 3 and that is unfortunate. I would vote it but I am waiting to buy it when they come out with all the DLC on the Game of the Year edition in Oct. Stupid economy... As for Assassin's Creed, I fucking loved that game but Prototype is still too high on my list to be kicked off.

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
I really couldn't name it year by year. But I'd probably go for...

Hmm...

Its a tough choice but I'm gonna have to go for KoToR as my favorite game of the decade.
Either that or Halo as its what got me into gaming in the first place

ProjectileVomit

Jan 18, 2008
Team Fortress 2 is the game of decade for me. I bought it at launch date and have been playing it ever since. It's the only game where I can never be tired off. There's always some new maps, new updates, and new weapons to keep things fresh.

nimbeljack

Sep 11, 2009
WhiteTiger225 said:
nimbeljack said:
Two Worlds.

3. Run circles around a Magma dragon waiting for his attack, hit him twice, dodge his fire and attack, hit him twice, dodge his fire and attack, hit him twice, repeat until dragon is dead.

Not to mention the unplaytested mounts that were unplayable if you had the game for the 360 and no Xboxlive to update the game to make the mounts half playable... Or the fact that civilians of the starting town badly needed your help to kill gromlins, yet said civilians can off you in a single hit and barely even get a scrape from your sword... I could go on and on.. and apparently so could everyone else as the game sold shat all and was rightfully anally violated by all trustworthy reviewers...

Gothic III. :(

Osaka-chaness

Jul 4, 2009
Only 2 games come to mind. God of War 2, and Brutal Legend (even if for some reason it turns out less than amazing (DOUBT IT), it still gets my vote of awesome because it's HEAVY F-ING METAL!! And how can you go wrong with that? 83)

Edit: Forgot about Psychonauts...DON'T KNOW HOW I DID THAT DX

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
nimbeljack said:
WhiteTiger225 said:
nimbeljack said:
Two Worlds.

*Head explodes*

great.... now you've done it... damn kids and their gothic threes.. and em pee threes and ess tee dees and em tee vees... back in my day we had good games! Like Jaws for the NES! And Fester's Quest!... whoa where am I?

Fists

Apr 16, 2009
I would say either Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul or Modern Warfare 2, really hard to choose, especially since I haven't played one of them yet

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
This is too hard for me, alot of great games came out this decade.
Mass affect, Oblivion, CoD4, Halo-3 [I found it good back when I was a fan], the orange box.
The list can go on for a long time.
=/

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
WhiteTiger225 said:
Mount & Blade = Unfinished rubbish with a damn fine combat system but nothing else. FF9.. best of the FF series, but that's not saying much... and Dear God OBLIVION... was fun once you modded out the horrendous voice acting and added about 40% of the 90% of stuff they took out between morrowind and Oblivion's release...

The only game that truly Deserves game of the Decade... Fallout 3. Fallout 3 was what Oblivion should have been. Fine tuned, immersive, atmospheric, and FUN. Shooter wise, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: SoC. It may have had a ton of bugs, but, it was an extremely innovative take on an FPS game. RTS wise... LoTR: BFME. Platforming... Assassin's Creed (Despite your character getting demoted and somehow they magically strip you of not just your weapons, but your knowledge of how to tackle someone)
And people call me snobby?

Though I should add a disclaimer that I'm including mods, expansion packs, and the like in my GotD discussion because they are an integral part of the game and the main argument in favor of PC gaming in the first place.

nimbeljack

Sep 11, 2009
WhiteTiger225 said:
nimbeljack said:
WhiteTiger225 said:
nimbeljack said:
Two Worlds.

*Head explodes*

great.... now you've done it... damn kids and their gothic threes.. and em pee threes and ess tee dees and em tee vees... back in my day we had good games! Like Jaws for the NES! And Fester's Quest!... whoa where am I?
Dude that Jaws game on NES was hard as hell. I don't think I ever played it for more than five or ten minutes before finally giving up every time I played it.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Simple question. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes because it introduced me to the franchise.

If you say "It doesn't count because it's a remake!" then my GotD is Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 1&2.

Edit: I just noticed that FF IX came out in the year 2000 so that takes the cake as my alternative GotD.

airsoftmanic

Aug 6, 2008
for me i cant make a GotY and GotD awards because there is too much haziness between the genres.

id make a genre collection of best games for each year then a GotD award for each genre but that would take WAYYYY too much time and i really cant be bothered.

notable games that i can remember are the MGS series, C&C series, Halo:CE (bred the whole FPS genre then got mauled to death with a sequel and then the atoms blasted to nothing with the abomination that is halo 3) id add the COD series in as well and also Dawn of War for being the first sucessful W40k game ever.

i wont do a notable GotD mention since it'll be borderlands and ill get the stick for it.

Cilliandrew

Jul 10, 2009
My Winner would have to be "World of Warcraft". I have never played anything like it that could keep me hooked for 3 years!

Runner-up would probably have to be "Advance Wars: Dual Strike" on the DS. Normally i'm not into unlockable content, but i just seem to be able to keep playing that game over and over and over.

I should also mention "Counter-Strike: Source" and "Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy"..